WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
Yeah I read that to. "luckily", he'll drag his carcass to the final two Raws before WrestleMania... Whoopdie doo

Right? Absolutely ridiculous. He can take off all the time he wants. I don't care about that anymore but as WWE Champion....3 weeks until Wrestlemania? I'm sorry but that's unacceptable.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Right? Absolutely ridiculous. He can take off all the time he wants. I don't care about that anymore but as WWE Champion....3 weeks until Wrestlemania? I'm sorry but that's unacceptable.

Me: "hey Dwayne, don't you think you should be here every week... You know to promote WrestleMania... because you're the WWE Chmapion... And supposed to appear every week... Like CM Punk"

Dwayne: "no I can do whatever the fuck I want because I'm the Rock. Who gives a fuck if I don't promote the main event of WrestleMania even though it's the biggest show of the year. As long as I come back every two weeks or so and say my million catchphrases... It's all good.

Fucking A...

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
You smurfs gay. #rileyvoice

Come on now, he is a movie star. He is the champion, show some respect.

The Viper

Reaction score
Me: "hey Dwayne, don't you think you should be here every week... You know to promote WrestleMania... because you're the WWE Chmapion... And supposed to appear every week... Like CM Punk"

Dwayne: "no I can do whatever the fuck I want because I'm the Rock. Who gives a fuck if I don't promote the main event of WrestleMania even though it's the biggest show of the year. As long as I come back every two weeks or so and say my million catchphrases... It's all good.

Fucking A...

Sounds pretty accurate to me.

You smurfs gay. #rileyvoice

Come on now, he is a movie star. He is the champion, show some respect.

I really hope you're joking. How can you defend this? He's a movie star, great. But during the official build up of Wrestlemania, you're only around for a total of 3 weeks as the WWE Champion? Fuck that shit.

The Viper

Reaction score
I don't even know how to respond to this TBH

I didn't either but I had to. I need to know why Messiah is defending this. He can probably never show up and only be seen via satellite and he'd still think Dwayne deserves to be champion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Boys, boys, boys. Look, I'm a fan of The Rock. And I'm simply putting up with him not making the appearances I would like. I am taking the time to really enjoy one of my favorites very last run. After that everyone I've liked has either a. died, b. retired, c. fell off. I don't see no one in the last ten years I really enjoy.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
In all fairness, a lot of this can be attributed to the booking. WWE knew what dates he wouldn't be able to work months in advance. I have no objection to him being champ, my objection is to the timing. Sure he may be all over the media these next few months, but it's been counter productive to the WWE product at it's most important time of the year.

I still don't agree with "the champ should be competing on house shows, fighting every week on TV" argument, but I do agree that he should be around a lot more than he is at the moment.

The Viper

Reaction score
In all fairness, a lot of this can be attributed to the booking. WWE knew what dates he wouldn't be able to work months in advance. I have no objection to him being champ, my objection is to the timing. Sure he may be all over the media these next few months, but it's been counter productive to the WWE product at it's most important time of the year.

I still don't agree with "the champ should be competing on house shows, fighting every week on TV" argument, but I do agree that he should be around a lot more than he is at the moment.

That's exactly what I was telling my self yesterday (yeah, I talk to myself about wrestling. it's great). WWE knew exactly what dates he could fully commit to and the ones he couldn't, yet they still decided to put the title on him. I get it's a business decision, but I don't understand putting the title on a guy who obviously isn't fully committed to the WWE right now. Especially during a time when he has 4 movies coming out in the span of a few months.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You see the idea of the WWE Title match at WrestleMania is to have fantastic build. It's not supposed to be a "the match will sell just because it's Rock/Cena"

The Viper

Reaction score
You see the idea of the WWE Title match at WrestleMania is to have fantastic build. It's not supposed to be a "the match will sell just because it's Rock/Cena"

I do think the match will sell regardless (probably not as much as last year) but yeah, Rock should still be there for the build. This is "crunch time". 3 weeks until the show and he will only have been on a total of, I believe, 3 Raw's since Elimination Chamber.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

That can only work the first time they meet (and it did, let's be honest). The second time, the mystery and unpredictability is gone, you need something more to get people involved.

Time for another positive post. I should be able to make the LD for this show.

The Viper

Reaction score
Re: WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread [3/15/13 SMACKDOWN SPOILERS!]

Added:

As announced on last nights Smackdown, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Ryback will be taking on The Shield!

Very much looking forward to this.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Re: WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread [3/15/13 SMACKDOWN SPOILERS!]

Added:

As announced on last nights Smackdown, Randy Orton, Sheamus and Ryback will be taking on The Shield!

Very much looking forward to this.
we all know it'll end up being Big Show

Castiel

Reaction score

I thought Big Show was in the middle of feuding with The Shield? Or i he not a full face yet?