WWE vs TNA: Which is better?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chavoheat

Reaction score
Are you serious? Shelly, Styles, Daniels, and Senshi are low card guys on TNA for a reason. They don't know how to work a Pro Wrestling match. They know nothing about psychology, progression, or selling.

I don't choose sides when it comes to wrestling because unlike everyone else, I don't own a stake in WWE, TNA, or ROH.

However, if you're going to tell me that WWE matches are filled with psychology, progression, and selling, then I'll argue with you until the sun comes up.

I grew up on an era of wrestling that saw wrestlers going at it for an hour. Not just an hour of stalling either, but an hour of actual wrestling.

Aside from Finlay, Undertaker, Flair, HHH, HBK, and Regal, there's not too many instances where a WWE match has psychology. The roster is just too young and inexperienced to know how to include it in matches.

The two guys that are world champions (Batista and Orton) have no understanding of long term selling. Orton's translation of ring psychology is to slow things down every few minutes with a headlock. Batista claims to be a great storyteller in the ring, but he's not able to do it without Undertaker or HHH in the ring with him.

The last WWE match I saw with brilliant psychology was between Punk and Striker on an episode of ECW a few weeks back. Surprised the hell out of me that Striker could work that style of match. I knew Punk could from his matches in ROH, but Striker really earned my respect that night.

CenaMark54

^^^Orton is one of the best sellers, if not the best, in the WWE right now.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I don't choose sides when it comes to wrestling because unlike everyone else, I don't own a stake in WWE, TNA, or ROH.

However, if you're going to tell me that WWE matches are filled with psychology, progression, and selling, then I'll argue with you until the sun comes up.

I grew up on an era of wrestling that saw wrestlers going at it for an hour. Not just an hour of stalling either, but an hour of actual wrestling.

Aside from Finlay, Undertaker, Flair, HHH, HBK, and Regal, there's not too many instances where a WWE match has psychology. The roster is just too young and inexperienced to know how to include it in matches.

The two guys that are world champions (Batista and Orton) have no understanding of long term selling. Orton's translation of ring psychology is to slow things down every few minutes with a headlock. Batista claims to be a great storyteller in the ring, but he's not able to do it without Undertaker or HHH in the ring with him.

The last WWE match I saw with brilliant psychology was between Punk and Striker on an episode of ECW a few weeks back. Surprised the hell out of me that Striker could work that style of match. I knew Punk could from his matches in ROH, but Striker really earned my respect that night.

I really hate this "the vets are the only ones who know how to work" fucking bullshit. It's such crap. Most of the best "stories" in the past 3 years have involved one man, John Cena.

Cena/Umaga
Cena/Jericho
Cena/Khali
Cena/HBK
Cena/Edge

This business of "oh man these young guys dont know shit" is being taken to extreme. While I do agree to an extent, Finlay, HBK, HHH, and Taker are far from the only ones who understand psychology.

Orton was taught by his father. When he grabs a rear chin lock its for the same reason it was done back in the day. The point of the match is to tell the story of trying to win and trying not to lose. When Orton grabs a hold he just doesnt sit there, he works it. If the blueberry he has in the lock doesnt sell, whats he sposed to do? Well I would MAKE him sell it but that could lead to problems later. So please dont tell me that only the vets know psychology.

And yeah, Carlito and Benjamin were given midcard pushes and they fell flat on their faces everytime. Why? Because Benjamin has no charisma and Carlito is fucking lazy. This is a case where the young guys dont know shit. Benjamin had the title for how long? And when he got in the ring, how much did he make it worth? Almost nothing. And before you give me the "he wasnt booked right" spew that crap at me, know this. The booking of the title doesnt reflect on its value insomuch as its the only thing. The most important way to establish value in a title is to have consistancy. A solid champion who takes on all comers and wins (if a face) or a bitch who holds on to it anyway he can (in a heel). Benji couldnt have been booked any stronger as a face. He went over everyone when the title was on the line and he FAILED TO DELIVER IN THE RING. It's that simple. It's not the WWE's job to get you over when youre in the ring, it's YOURS. Benji went out there and did his "spots" and didn't listen to the crowd. That's why he's a failure, he doesn't know how to listen. And THAT is what most young guys dont get. They plan a match out in the back and do it because they think its the right thing to do. THen they get out there, have their match, and the crowd shits all over it. Who's fault is it? Ohhh poor Shelton didn't get over because the WWE restricted his moves. WRONG. WWE booked him to look weak. WRONG. He failed to get over because instead of giving the crowd what they wanted, he gave the crowd what he wanted to give them. Now I can hear you all saying "well thats what the WWE does, look at Cena." If the fans didn't want to see him, the rafters wouldnt shake with a reaction when he comes out. The WWE gives fans what they want and allow the wrestlers to impress them. Trouble is, the wrestlers underneath dont get that they have to give the fans what they want, thats what Cena, Orton, Edge, and the rest get. They give the fans what they want, something to cheer wildly for or booo obnoxiously against. That's what the average crowd wants. They want to suspend their disbelief and say "Orton, you're a whiny smurf, get in the ring and fight the guy straight up" and Orton keeps giving them a reason to say it. If Shelton is booked as a face, he gets in the ring and "gets his shit in" and because the fans clap at the pretty moves, he thinks he got over. And guess what, he was wrong. No TNA fans want to stab Chris Daniels in the heart for a heelish tactic. They want to cheer his fancy moves and then go "whats next". However when Christian Cage is out there, the fans wanna rip his god damn throat out.

PeepShow

Now I can hear you all saying "well thats what the WWE does, look at Cena." If the fans didn't want to see him, the rafters wouldnt shake with a reaction when he comes out.

Again, the little kids. 75% of the fans that actually know the business could care the fuck less.

The WWE gives fans what they want and allow the wrestlers to impress them.

That is the most asinine comment I have ever heard on this forum, bar none.

No TNA fans want to stab Chris Daniels in the heart for a heelish tactic. They want to cheer his fancy moves and then go "whats next". However when Christian Cage is out there, the fans wanna rip his god damn throat out.

And your point.....?

the dark knight

Excuse me for not wanting some washed up power tripping 40 year old like Triple H to run my flagship show all the while squashing some of the most promising talent the WWE has. Although, you could argue the same point for Jarrett in TNA, but Jarrett hasn't been on T.V. in months.

To reiterate, I'm not in support of TNA, I just think that between TNA and WWE (Again the lesser of two evils) that TNA is the better choice. So if you could, please, explain to me exactly how this makes me a "sheep"?

1) forget about JJ, kurt angle and sting are more washed up than triple h and HBK....

2) i was just talking about sheep in general aka people who have no opinions, follow their idol's opinions no matter what! just cuz the sheep thinks that his idol's "cool". and when it comes to TNA fans, most of em are sheep, sorry. if they knew anything about wrestling, they wouldn't have said that TNA's better than the WWE. you can say that you like TNA more than you like (damn im copying from my other post in teh bill and douche thread) TNA more than you like the WWE for whatever reason. but when it comes to WWE vs TNA from a wrestling company's standpoint, WWE is the 3 times better than ANY (including ROH) wrestling company working at the moment.

Are you serious? Shelly, Styles, Daniels, and Senshi are low card guys on TNA for a reason. They don't know how to work a Pro Wrestling match. They know nothing about psychology, progression, or selling.

Sure they pull off some fancy moves and move around real fast, but you can see that at your local circus.
exactly what i used to tell luke everyday...ROH and TNA fans just dont get it or pretend that they dont get it.

^^^^

i also find it really funny how TNA fans always use Shelly, Styles, Daniels, and Senshi to back up their promotion. When its a known fact that they were used better in ROH, more over in ROH, and they actually meant something, not getting destroyed by someone bigger than them each and every week
lmao go read peepshow's post in the bill and douche thread, tna section. he says that TNA made daniels and AJ styles...
W/e happened to pushing Carlito and Benjamin. O wait, they are on Heat. :(
CM and kaedon took care of that.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Again, the little kids. 75% of the fans that actually know the business could care the fuck less.

No, thats not. Im not just talking about the cheers, Im talking about the boos. The combination of those two is as loud as your average Austin pop. What I'm saying is, the only BAD reaction in wrestling is NO REACTION AT ALL, which is what guys like Benji get.

And your point.....?

My point is people going "ooooo" and "ahhhh" is not going to continually bring in money, which is the name of the game for ANY WRESTLING COMPANY. The way to draw people in and thus DRAW MONEY is to get them so emotionally involved that they want to come back next time and say "Fuck you you god damn bitch, I want to see Samoa Joe beat your ass!" That is the reaction you need to draw attention and therefore draw MONEY.

the dark knight

No, thats not. Im not just talking about the cheers, Im talking about the boos. The combination of those two is as loud as your average Austin pop. What I'm saying is, the only BAD reaction in wrestling is NO REACTION AT ALL, which is what guys like Benji get.
same goes with most TNA superstars. which reminds me of another raeson why i call most TNA fans "sheep". all they freaking do is chant "TNA TNA TNA" no matter what happens (even on the forum, in the shitbox or a thread).

*a guy wins a match*
TNA TNA TNA

*an x-roh monkey does a 794.23*
TNA TNA TNA

*someone interferes*
TNA TNA TNA

*samoa joe farts*
TNA TNA TNA

*parking lot announcement*
TNA TNA TNA

its pathetic...

Wrestling Station

^ROFL...

Thats exactly what im talking about, they are just copycats of what was happening before in the old ECW.. fans chant "EC-Dub...EC-Dub!!" lol

Ballin

Reaction score
I love TNA but WWE will always be alot better. There diferent programs and i enjoy them both. I just never see TNA being better.

Reaction score
I think I have become one sided finally but will admit I still enjoy the handful of wrestlers in WWE. Sorry but when watching two hours of bad booking and constant predictability I tend to get a headache. Not to mention the man that represents Smackdown says one sentence and the entire arena goes nuts?!? That kind of stuff only makes my head want to freaking explode even more. TNA has its faults but its becoming more solid and a hell of a lot easier to watch each week without wanting to smash your head in like other wrestling shows that are on.

Christian

Reaction score
I clicked this thread and it brought me straight to this reply.

The WWE gives fans what they want and allow the wrestlers to impress them.

Lol. I'm leaving this topic and never looking at it again, just because this is probably the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. The WWE, give fans what they want? LOL.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
actually there is only one company that 100% gives the fans what they want, and thats ROH. the other two companies dont always do that....

and besides bringing back Jericho is only one fucking thing

Travis40

^They brought back Austin and DX, we have Orton as champion, we have better storylines than we did a couple months ago (except Hornswoggle's crap)...

Kaedon

Reaction score
actually there is only one company that 100% gives the fans what they want, and thats ROH. the other two companies dont always do that....

and besides bringing back Jericho is only one fucking thing

ROH are only trying to please hardcore fans. Its easy to do that. Problem is, they arent drawing significant money and they never will if they continue to do what they are doing.