• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE vs TNA: Which is better?

HBKristen

actually there is only one company that 100% gives the fans what they want, and thats ROH. the other two companies dont always do that....

amen! it seems like every time i watch WWE for any length of time, i begin to think to myself "wait...i'm supposed to be watching wrestling, right?"

TNA was superior to WWE once upon a time, but not i'm not so sure. sometimes they just seem like the poor man's WWE these days. they steal more ROH guys, though...making them worth watching. until they fire ROH guys.

addo

TNA, they have better wrestling and a more action packed product that isnt stale and boring like WWE

ROH owns all though :)

ROH>TNA>WWE

ROH puts on some great matches but how can it be better when it doesnt even have a weekly TV show.
As for the debate i dont have a answer because TNA has better or should i say can have better matches when they are not overbooked with intererence, but they can not really sell out big arenas and they concentrate to much on old WWE talent like angle like nash and all the rest, if they had Styles Or Joe holding the world belt it would be more interesting than watching angle be champ when we seen that in WWE/F

Markz

Just watch them all, you are Wrestling fans but will refuse to watch some wrestling shows. Put on a show that you hate, if you usually cringe while watching TNA because you think "why don't they let MCMG be the champs" or "anouther WWE wrestler?" Stop that and watch it as a clueless fan who wants to be entertained, then, you will have fun watching this show and watching your weekly dose of wrestling expanded:

RAW
Smackdown!
ECW
TNA
+ any shows you find via DVD or Internet.

STOP BLINDLY FOLLOWING SHOWS!!

Markz

Just watch them all, you are Wrestling fans but will refuse to watch some wrestling shows. Put on a show that you hate, if you usually cringe while watching TNA because you think "why don't they let MCMG be the champs" or "anouther WWE wrestler?" Stop that and watch it as a clueless fan who wants to be entertained, then, you will have fun watching this show and watching your weekly dose of wrestling expanded:

RAW
Smackdown!
ECW
TNA

Markz

RAW
Smackdown!
ECW
TNA

I currently watch Impact and Smackdown. My main focus the last 6 months has definitely been TNA. It just feels more honest and I love the modest production values. Making all 900 fans go nuts is more of a test. A match like Batista vs. Khali is barely watchable with 20,000. Imagine if they had to deal with the Impact Zone!

J

This question is pretty simple...I mean...If you would have asked me about a year or 2 ago...I would have easily said TNA...but as for now...Its like asking whats better...NFL Football or College...Because TNA has basically turned into nothing but a Division 2 WWE...So the question...WWE has it in the bag...

The Rated R CMStar

I currently watch Impact and Smackdown. My main focus the last 6 months has definitely been TNA. It just feels more honest and I love the modest production values. Making all 900 fans go nuts is more of a test. A match like Batista vs. Khali is barely watchable with 20,000. Imagine if they had to deal with the Impact Zone!

Yeah, but how about Batista and Taker firing up and getting going 80, 103 fans. It is easy to bash WWE when you try to make a point out of Khali.

Besides, everything gets cheered on TNA. Heck, even Test was cheered. Test.

WWE as a whole isn't inferior. However, there are things that make the fucking product stink like shit.

JBL
Hornswaggle
Khali
Mark Henry
Umaga
DX
Shelton Benjamin disappearing
ECW really became Extremely Crappy Wrestling
HHH's lack of suspense in his matches since his return
Ric Flair's "retirement" matches having bullshit results
Blowing Chris Jericho's return after 2+ years
Carlito becoming another joke
Vince still on tv wasting time feuding with Lashley
Making Booker T a scapegoat

I'm not saying TNA is flawless, I AM saying they aren't this severe.

The Rated R CMStar

WWE as a whole isn't inferior. However, there are things that make the fucking product stink like shit.

JBL
Hornswaggle
Khali
Mark Henry
Umaga
DX
Shelton Benjamin disappearing
ECW really became Extremely Crappy Wrestling
HHH's lack of suspense in his matches since his return
Ric Flair's "retirement" matches having bullshit results
Blowing Chris Jericho's return after 2+ years
Carlito becoming another joke
Vince still on tv wasting time feuding with Lashley
Making Booker T a scapegoat

I'm not saying TNA is flawless, I AM saying they aren't this severe.

Carlito had his chance, and blew it. Now he has to wait for another one and hope to get it right this time. Benjamin is being pushed so he is not dissapearing. DX is fun, gets old quickly but it's fun. JBL could be better if he reduces his promo lenght.

The thing that I can't believe you mention is Booker T being a scapegoat. Just because he says he didn't use roids and WWE suspended him without a reason, it doesn't have to be true. Or do you think WWE just decided, hey, let's suspend Booker for 60 days, not 30, but 60, just as it were his second offense. C'mon, if it were 30 days, you could make a point(not really, but still), but 60? Not even Booker believes that.

All the other things I didn't mention, I agree with you.

Now that you made a list for WWE, I will make one for TNA:

Don West

The 6-sided Ring

Kurt Angle being on practically every segment of the show

TNA fans not accepting that Kurt Angle is the Cena or HHH version in TNA. Hell, he even wanted to gave Jeff Jarret a run for his money on backstage influence.

Using the name of WWE constantly, either for bashing or as advertisement for a new signing.

Depushing of originals only to then try to build them again, not achieving the same effect.

Samoa Joe not being champion by now.

VKM

Scott Steiner

Kevin Nash

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^ don west deserves to be included twice. my mum asked what was wrong with him (because he wouldnt stop yelling). i said hes Blue. anyway if tna is better then wwe, how come tna tries to get whoever wwe lets go?
(waits for tna fanboys/ roxxi fanboy to tell me im wrong with bullshit reasons)

Now that you made a list for WWE, I will make one for TNA:

Don West

The 6-sided Ring

Kurt Angle being on practically every segment of the show

TNA fans not accepting that Kurt Angle is the Cena or HHH version in TNA. Hell, he even wanted to gave Jeff Jarret a run for his money on backstage influence.

Using the name of WWE constantly, either for bashing or as advertisement for a new signing.

Depushing of originals only to then try to build them again, not achieving the same effect.

Samoa Joe not being champion by now.

VKM

Scott Steiner

Kevin Nash

This is a good list. However, the 6-sided ring is the only one of its kind in the United States. It didn't take me long to adjust. I love it.

What you said about Kurt Angle is true. I believe that was why TNA wanted him in the first place. He's by far the biggest draw on the roster and they're really trying to sell that. I don't think he crossed into HHH territory until he won the title 2 days after BFG. That was fuckin crazy!

Scott Steiner still has a little fire. He could be used to help out some younger guys if he can manage that. Hey, he put over Joe 2 years as being Joe's toughest test.

Everything else looks good to me.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^ youve disappointed me
(waits for other tna fanboys to come to tell me im wrong with bullshit reasons)

Rell

I used to watch TNA over WWE, but now I don't bother with either product. I haven't watched TNA in 3 weeks, haven't watched WWE since the anniversary show (which wasn't bad)

but if it means anything, I'd still waste my time with TNA rather than wasting my time with WWE.

Kaedon

Are you kidding me? Pleasing 900 people is harder than 20,000? Explain how that is so? If you have one person, its easier to please than two. Because X may not like what Y likes or vice versa. So please explain to me this Blue logic.