WWE Treating 1000th RAW Like a Top Pay-Per-View

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
WWE will be treating the July 23rd 1,000th RAW as a major pay-per-view with all hands on deck. They have reached out to the usual Legends like Jim Duggan, Gene Okerlund, Sgt. Slaughter, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Hart and Dusty Rhodes but are looking to use other stars we don't always see on nostalgia shows. Bobby Heenan's name was brought up but his bad health would likely play a factor.

The idea going around is to have both an old school and a new school production vibe to the show. They want to lock The Undertaker's return in and start advertising his appearance in hopes that it will help ratings. The plan is to promote the show hard with a three week TV build, including announcing a pay-per-view quality line-up. They are also looking to introduce new talents on the three-hour show.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Fantastic!
We better be seeing some :eek:tunga:

You think we will be seeing Ambrose?

Only problem is all those legends will probably be in matches against heels like Miz Otunga and DZ and those heels will most likely be beaten, i get sick of past legends coming back and squashing current stars.

Reactions: Big Hoss Rambler
Reaction score
Mattam said:
Fantastic!
We better be seeing some :eek:tunga:

You think we will be seeing Ambrose?

Only problem is all those legends will probably be in matches against heels like Miz Otunga and DZ and those heels will most likely be beaten, i get sick of past legends coming back and squashing current stars.

Yah we better see :eek:tunga:.

Not sure but I hope so.

That's true. Hate it when that happens. We'll see how it goes.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I am so looking forward to this show. If they go into it with the mindset of making it a survivor series/Wrestlemania/Royal Rumble quality show then we are in for a treat.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I am so looking forward to this show. If they go into it with the mindset of making it a survivor series/Wrestlemania/Royal Rumble quality show then we are in for a treat.

Only problem is last RR and Wrestlemania were pretty boring, i feel like such a pessimist but with recent Raws im finding it hard to expect much. :facepalm1:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Umm... when was the last good WWE Top PPV?

Oh, well, should be an improvement. It can get worse than it is now though.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Rainman said:

Oh, well, should be an improvement. It can get worse than it is now though.

What if Great Khali was WWE champ, would it be worse then? :ace:

Crayo said:
I sense an Ambrose debut.

Definitely, would be the perfect opportunity with Foley being there, any other time would just feel random

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Mattam said:
What if Great Khali was WWE champ, would it be worse then? :ace:

Exactly. Crayo's said for the past 2 weeks "be optimistic, at least it can't get any worse", and then it got worse. So Crayo, stop it. :ace:

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Exactly. Crayo's said for the past 2 weeks "be optimistic, at least it can't get any worse", and then it got worse. So Crayo, stop it. :ace:

IT WILL BE MUCH MUCH WORSE!!! :eek:tunga:

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Looking forward to it.. hope its good :((

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Rainman said:

If you mean the big 4, quite a while. If you mean in general, Extreme Rules and Over the Limit were of high quality imo.

Rainman said:

To be honest, last weeks got a rating over 0 for me, the week before didn't. So it was better. #Optimism

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
If they're putting so much emphasis on the show, it'll probably be decent. I hope the legends don't get much air time, and that if there's a debut in the show, I hope it's Ambrose.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Wrestlemania was a good show IMO.

They could make this a fantastic show. I think they may well do and.. if I were in charge I'd be half tempted to do something like a Lesnar return with him destroying half the legends or something.

One thing that gets me though..why isn't this at MSG?

TheXtremeDiva

Jobber
Reaction score
i want to see some classic matches and not just have Cena, Punk, kane etc i want to see some old rematches. love to see steve austin give McMahon a stunner just for old times lol