WWE to reveal new WWE Title belt?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
PWTorch said:
During a Q&A session Saturday at the Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia, WWE champion C.M. Punk said WWE is planning to reveal a new WWE Title belt to replace the spinner belt. However, Punk says he doesn't think it is an improvement over the current belt.

"I email people that you people don't know exist and I bother them constantly about this damn thing. There is a new title. I've seen it. I'll probably get in trouble for saying it, but I don't think it's any better than the current one." Punk re-assessed and said, "It's better than this (current WWE Championship). They literally just made it. It's about 20 pounds heavier than this one (once again, current WWE Championship he is speaking of). I keep preaching that I want to be the guy - if I'm not the guy who doesn't produce a new title, then I'll be a liar, and I don't want to be a liar. It's out there, and it's coming soon. Probably a lot sooner than the ice cream bars.

Punk's comments pick up around the 33:00 mark below.

[video=youtube;Jw3qbS4l59o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jw3qbS4l59o#t=1982s[/video]​

Good news and I like the fact that he said it's coming very soon but who knows since he mentioned that it will be probably coming way sooner than the ice cream bars which I think probably won't ever come tbh. Could it be around next years WrestleMania season? Tbh, I think it will be at the 1000th RAW since it's the major RAW and starts them going 3 hours each week. It's the perfect timing to do it. It's good to have one of the current top guys in CM Punk unveil it since he has had such a long reign. And since he also mentioned that if he isn't the guy who doesn't produce the new title then that makes him a liar, he will most likely be the one to unveil it. Should be good when it does come. But wow, the fact it's 20 pounds more than the current belt is insane as the current one weighs well over 20 pounds doesn't it?

The current championship belt is so outdated and ridiculous. Looks so ugly and shit compared to the past championship belts and is a disgrace to have some sort of hip hop accessory as the championship belt for so long (that's what the belt was relevant to; Cena's hip hop gimmick). I always wondered why that belt stuck around. Austin got his own belt but it always went back to the original when he lost it so I assumed the same would happen with Cena as was the case with his US title. If I had the choice to buy a championship belt, I'd take the WHC over it.

Last edited:

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Anything would be better then that damn spinner belt it should've gone back to the original the moment they took it off Cena the first time around.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Precisely the reason why I said the current one should stay because look at the awful execution of the tag team titles and divas championship, what gives people faith that they would suddenly churn out an awesome looking WWE title?

Also, IT'S NOT A FUCKING SPINNER BELT, IT HASN'T SPUN IN YEARS.

Ryan

Reaction score
The old Undisputed Championship belt was probably the best and if not that, then the Attitude Era belt which was also awesome. I'll be pissed if they ever redesign the WHC.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
It's a spinner belt, it hasn't spun in years but that's what it is. Stop the spinners on your rims, their still spinners.

Honestly I don't love the title but I didn't mind it that much, I would prefer any other WWE title from the past but I didn't think it that bad I just hated that the prestige of the company had "Champ" on it.

I'll also say I've been worried about a change because the ECW Title I didn't like, the Divas title I don't like, and the tag team titles I don't like. I just hope they keep it simple and don't try to go crazy with the look all you need is a slab of gold with a nameplate and I'll be happy, but by the sound of it being 20 pounds heavier isn't very promising. Crossing my fingers it isn't silver, whatever material the ECW title was made out of, Bronze or copper, isn't too big to look bad on someone, and actually looks like a championship title.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Good news I guess, but it sounds like the design will be a lot more bloated.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Didn't most of the wrestlers hate the _______ belt because it was one of the heaviest belts they have. This one is 20lbs heavier than that? or did I misread it.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Doesn't that mean this new belt will be almost 50lbs? Jeez.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Still don't really care what the belt looks like. It's about the matches being fought over it to raise the prestige and right now after a few solid PPV matches with I'd say it's doing fine. Every now and then it is good to revamp this stuff, though.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
As long as it shows some resemblance to the history of WWE and all that it has worked for to become. It's a shame how they destroyed what prestige the title itself held, the people holding it bring it prestige, but the belt itself, not so much, so a new belt that showcases the companies history would be nice.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Who wants to carry a 50lb pound belt as the current one weighs a little over 30lbs with the gold and diamonds. How do you even add 2p more pounds, platinum? I'd hate to carry it, get hit with it, and take it thru airport security especially. Hell i would probably shit bricks if I fucked up and it got stolen with how much it has to be worth

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This has to be for the 1000th RAW. They refresh the titles often but this design has been around for what feels like close to a decade, it is time for a change. I doubt that this one weighs 50 pounds, I think that Punk must have mixed up his words a bit because it would be crazy to make a title that heavy.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
This appears to be it

wwebelt.jpg

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
EWWWWWWWW The Spinner one is better.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hope that is some kind of sick joke.

Why can't they just bring back the old winged eagle belt.