• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE to ban chokeholds?

Soulpower

As a result of the Benoit family tragedy, Vince has put a ban on using any sort of chokehold in WWE matches. Talent and producers have to get special permission from McMahon before using a chokehold in a match. Vince feared the media would use WWE footage of wrestlers in chokeholds. At this point, no media outlets have shown any footage relating to chokeholds.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

In related news.... In accordance to the banning of choke holds. Randy Orton has been released from World Wrestling Entertainment today. But, they wish him the best in all of his future endeavors >_>

phantomgerald

Erm, joke boy. Sp hates Orton because he keeps doing all this jokehold.

In other news, half of WWE have no more moves and would start the match with their finishers

3lions

This 'ban' is ridiculous. It's a wrestling hold. Maybe they should ban any sort of physical contact from their matches, just incase the Media ump on it and protray it as encouraging its audience to knock the crap out of eachother. WWE are pussies.

Btw, good joke about Orton ... although I think people over-dramatise the Orton/restholds situation.

Nation

What the fuck? First vince gets rid of the high impact moves (powerbomb,piledriver etc.), the best crusierweight moves(Shooting star press, 450 splash,etc.) now chokeholds this is why the wwe's wrestling sucks more than half the moves are banned. I bet vince will ban every move that benoit used.

3lions

I agree with most of the moves banned by WWE (piledriver, etc.), but chokeholds shouldn't be banned. I know how the Media 'could' use the footage to their advantage, but that could be said about any aspect of WWE TV.

Bradders

So no more STFU and many other chokeholds which are needed in matches to help with the flow, this is just more overreaction from the WWE but I can't blame them I actually blame the media.

★Chuck Zombie★

Well, Nation, about the SSP and 450...if they aren't allowed to be used, just imagine what it will be like when they finally use it in a big match....say at Wrestlemania. Freaking awesome huh?

LKP

This orton thing is pissing me off. Ok here we go for you idiots who think orton uses the chokehold a lot. HEELS USE THESE HOLDS TO GET HEEL HEAT FROM THE CROWD. SO THEN THE CROWD CAN CHEER ON THE FACE AS HE GETS UP OUT OF THE HOLD.

Wow, this is getting ridiculous. I knew WWE banned a lot of high risk moves, and now the choke holds, but piledrivers and powerbombs to!? Vince is losing his mind...

Nation

Batista does the sit down powerbomb and cor von has used the powerbomb once or twice. Maybe the powerbomb isn't banned but it's rarely used anymore.

LKP

They banned the normal powerbomb not the protected sit out powerbomb. They keep banning moves then no moves will be left to use.