• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Television Ratings

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 10/7 edition of Smackdown did a 2.04 rating with 3,034,000 viewers.

Another solid rating for Smackdown. Henry as champion = ratings. They have averaged close to 2.0 since he has been champion.

pwinsider said:
The 10/10 Raw rating hour one did a 3.49 rating with 5,375,000 viewers while hour two did a 3.02 with 4,667,000 viewers.

Take note WWE. Fans liked what you did with the first hour but you killed the storyline too soon yet again. Please wake up WWE and listen to the fans. Clearly they hated the result of the storyline.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 10/14 edition of Smackdown did a 2.26 rating with 3,167,000 viewers.

Excellent rating for Smackdown. They are taking advantage of the poor quality of RAW and are gaining more viewers each week. I am happy for Smackdown since it always puts more focus on the wrestlers than ridiculous outside storylines. Hopefully the rating will continue to increase leading up to a huge rating for the Live Smackdown next month.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 10/17 edition of Raw did a 3.1 rating, with 4,475,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.05 and 3.2.

They did well to actually get more people to tune in as the show went on. Very surprised that they kept it above a 3.0 rating because it was a shocking show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 10/21 edition of Smackdown did a 2.21 rating with 3,112,000 viewers.

Another solid rating for Smackdown. Liking how they have managed to keep it above 2 for so long.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As noted before, this week’s WWE RAW Supershow did a 3.31 cable rating with 4.70 million viewers. RAW this week beat both ESPN’s Monday Night Football and the World Series in the teenage male demographic.

In the segment breakdown, the show’s opening quarter did a nice 3.85 rating but the second part of the Triple H and Kevin Nash angle lost 612,000 viewers. Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Christian and Cody Rhodes gained 232,000 of those viewers back while Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 445,000 more.

The segment with CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio and John Laurinaitis gained 466,000 viewers while Alicia Fox vs. Natalya lost a whopping 981,000 viewers. John Morrison vs. Wade Barrett gained 16,000 viewers and the main event of John Cena vs. The Miz and R-Truth gained 723,000 viewers bringing the overrun to a 3.42 rating.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

That is a great opening rating but obviously it went on too long, anything longer than fifteen minutes is too much. This also shows that comedy doesn't sell and that the Divas aren't over especially when one of them is someone who most fans don't know.

Seak

Reaction score
Triple H and Nash / Johnny Ace went WAY too long, and the rating represent that perfectly. I wonder how Triple H responded to that drop, as he always claimed he was a huge draw. Santino and Dolph losing sucks, especially since Dolph has been featured decently lately, but this match had nothing to do with anything and was really just a squash so you can't expect much from it. Alicia and Natalya is no surprise that they lost big. I don't remember the last time Alicia mattered so there was no real reason for people to stay tuned in.

I'm really happy the Punk, Del Rio, Johnny Ace segment gained. That's a great sign for the future Del Rio / Punk Title feud they are building, and is further proof that Punk draws!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I fear that Vince, HHH and Steph aren't paying enough attention to these ratings. The rating keeps dropping from one hour to the next and that is a really bad sign yet they aren't doing anything about it. Opening promos should only take ten minutes and then it needs to move into a match. Too often they drag the opening segment out.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 10/28 edition of Smackdown did a 1.96 rating with 2,843,000 viewers.

Damn it dropped below a 2.0 rating again. Was hoping it would remain around the 2.2 mark. I would have thought that people would have tuned in to see the fallout from Henry and Show breaking the ring.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 11/4 edition of Smackdown did a 2.22 rating with 3,265,000 viewers.

Good to see that it bounced right back up to the 2.2 rating it was getting before. By WM next year I want Smackdown getting close to 3.0's so that WWE start considering it as an equal to RAW and promote it a bit more.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 11/7 edition of Raw did a 2.9 rating with 4,015,000 viewers. Hour one did a 2.94 while hour two did a 2.81.

Once again the rating drops between hour one and hour two. Clearly fans are giving it a chance but are tuning out as they don't like what they see. Surely Vince, HHH and Steph can see this pattern and realise that they need to make some big changes to the show. Being a taped show would have hurt it and the NFL game did a 12.32 rating but it should never drop from hour one to hour two it should always grow as the show goes on.

Diablo

Reaction score
Smackdown continues to impress with their ratings...I really think that the show has a more interesting dynamic with harder worker stars. It's just more fresh...they don't try to be shock television as much as Raw and they do without the cornier segments.

Raw wasn't that exciting last night and I'm not entirely sure what WWE was thinking with the main event. Getting heat back onto R-Truth and The Miz didn't require putting them in a match with Cena and a partner--that's 75% of the main event for Survivor Series. It makes me really disinterested..and although I'm not that keen on using ratings as an example of who can or can't draw(there are many factors...competition on other networks, general disinterest not pertaining to any one superstar)..I do believe that they've given Ryder too much too quickly. I love him in the underdog role in the US Title picture..but teaming him with Cena so soon probably wasn't a good idea.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Smackdown continues to impress with their ratings...I really think that the show has a more interesting dynamic with harder worker stars. It's just more fresh...they don't try to be shock television as much as Raw and they do without the cornier segments.

I agree. Smackdown is the show that I would rather watch because they focus more on wrestling and give more wrestlers a chance to succeed.

Diablo said:
Raw wasn't that exciting last night and I'm not entirely sure what WWE was thinking with the main event. Getting heat back onto R-Truth and The Miz didn't require putting them in a match with Cena and a partner--that's 75% of the main event for Survivor Series. It makes me really disinterested..and although I'm not that keen on using ratings as an example of who can or can't draw(there are many factors...competition on other networks, general disinterest not pertaining to any one superstar)..I do believe that they've given Ryder too much too quickly. I love him in the underdog role in the US Title picture..but teaming him with Cena so soon probably wasn't a good idea.

I don't think it helped that they booked that exact same mainevent a couple of weeks ago on RAW. It wasn't an interesting match-up and it would have been much better if they went with two singles matches instead of the tag team match.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The actual number for the 11/11 edition of Smackdown was a 1.98 rating, with 2,950,000 viewers.

It keeps switching between 2.2 and 2.0. I wish WWE would allow The Rock to appear on Smackdown as well as RAW so that he can give Smackdown's rating a boost as well.

pwinsider said:
For the three hour period, Raw did a 3.2 rating off of hours of 2.9, 3.4 and 3.4. Overall, the show averaged 4.7 million viewers.

Good rating thanks to The Rock. 3.4 in the normal time period is a 0.5 jump from last week. I wonder if they will be able to keep any of the extra viewers next week.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
-- Last night's WWE RAW scored a 3.24 (3.2) cable rating, with an average of 4.72 million viewers, almost the same as the 3.25 (3.3) for last week's Rock-themed three-hour show.

The show was ranked #2 for the night in overall cable TV, as well as #2 in the male 18-49 demographic.

The overall viewership was up 5.3 percent compared to the previous five weeks and up 7.2 percent compared to the previous ten weeks.

Ewrestlingnews.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not too bad but it still could be better. Hopefully they can build on this and eventually, close to WM28, get it back to 4.0