WWE Teaming With E! For New Divas Series

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's all well and good and everything, but it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference in a 2 minute meaningless match every week.

As far as the others being over on personalities well I completely disagree, they were over because back then they pushed the whole sex appeal and what not. How many times were the majority of those names involved in Bra & Panties, Lingerie Pillow Fights, Mud Wrestling etc, nothing to do with their personality at all. You really think people cheered Stacy because she was an interesting character because i'm pretty damn sure they cheered her because she was hot, had a somewhat provocative entrance and often ended up in her bra & panties.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah those girls you named PSYCH outside of Stephanie pretty much existed in WWE because they pretty much half naked anytime you saw them. Sex appeal doesn't = personality, Torrie was as bland as they came, Stacy was known for bending over and her legs. That stuff worked for those girls but if you put them in today's WWE without sexual stuff they wouldn't be any different than the current crop of girls in this reality show except for the fact that these girls can work in the ring better.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Terri got over as a manager and part of PMS. Ill give you Stacy but she got over as the Dutchess of Dudleyville and talking for the team. I know Torrie got mad over after playboy, but she started out getting over just talking as the mouthpiece for Tajiri during the invasion. All those girls could string coherent sentences together in front of a crowd without looking out of place and create a persona, then they took their clothes off to get more over. This generation the girls who can't work can't talk either, and hell even those who can work can't really talk outside AJ teenie bopper ass. I think the show will at least help define some girls as good and get them over with sympathy or get them heat as catty bitches. Least I hope that's the point, build personal connections to the audience for the divas and then refresh the division

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am surprised that WWE didn't attempt something like this a lot sooner. They say that over a third of their audience is female so making a show like this to appeal to that market makes sense. Interested to see how it does, there are so many terrible reality shows out there so there is an audience for this kind of show. Interesting to see how the new divas go in that environment and if they actually last.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
For what its worth

- WWE taped two matches for Total Divas at tonight's tapings - Alicia Fox defeated Naomi before the tapings and Aksana defeated Cameron after the tapings. The Total Divas logo was on the big screen for both matches.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yep, they hating on the black girls lol.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Since 95% of the women in the WWE eventually want to move on to television/movies, the WWE will be able to keep women around longer.

I disagree. It'll get them noticed quicker. Because people who don't watch WWE (including producers and casting agents) are more likely to watch a channel like E Not to mention all the casual viewers that could push for someone to be cast in a role. Bellas will be gone again in two years because of this, Possibly Fox as well.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I disagree. It'll get them noticed quicker. Because people who don't watch WWE (including producers and casting agents) are more likely to watch a channel like E Not to mention all the casual viewers that could push for someone to be cast in a role. Bellas will be gone again in two years because of this, Possibly Fox as well.
If wwe has them locked up, they can lease them out like a talent agency and make money off their outside ventures, then bring them back for important seasons like Sslam and WM.

pimps and hoes to be blunt if you're wwe.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Right like they did with Rock but first time contract is up they'd be likely to leave.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
But they goofed and let Rocks expire then lol. It wasnt like rock wasnt willing to sign back, Ace goofed much to rocks own admission. Still though if they can turn the divas into commodities which they haven't been since Trish and Lita or playboy, then hell milk what you can while you can. Some may stay off loyalty, some may even try to return like Kelly or Maryse if they see dollar signs in their eyes, but at the end of the day this still gets more out the girls than they've being getting out Of them for years now

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think thats a big task for a division that is last in WWEs mind. I don't honestly think they'll care enough to treat it that well. In my mind its something they intended to put on the network, they used it to leverage the Bellas return and then the network went to shit, so they had to get it somewhere.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So wait are they actually showing matches on that show as well? I assumed that it would just be about them outside the ring and not actually feature full matches. Looking at the trailer that was up a few days ago I can see it doing alright on E! seems pretty similar to most of their other work which is somehow so popular. Just need to ensure that there are plenty of cat fights and arguments plus the odd pregnancy scare and it will fit right in.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I don't know, it might do the division a little bit of good. It won't improve their ringwork or mic skills, but some feuds might be established, thereby making the divas a tad less painful to watch...

...if they do it right.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yep, they hating on the black girls lol.
They have to make it seem like a white girl actually has a chance in a fight with a black chick.