WWE: Rebirth by Lethal Banks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Loocha outta nowhere

- Nice opening with Angelo. You really get his urgency across in this. Ricochet winning his KotR qualifying match is alright. A bit sad he goes over Gulak though.

- Just like with the opening, you get Shayna's character across perfectly in very few lines... and I'm all for dominating, asskicker Shayna. In hindsight, it would've been a good chance to maybe bring someone new in, hidden between the "local Wrestlers", like one of them stepping up and being added into that Gauntlet later on... but that's not a notch against it overall.

- Zayn beating Jeff is nice to see and Angelo getting more spotlight shined on him is also pretty nice. I can really imagine how this segment with Heyman played out and you did a good job to make the reader want Angelo to get his hands on Roman later.

- New Day winning is the right choice, especially in this case, with the Letharios seemingly start to split up. Then it's Shayna's time to shine and kick all the asses. I love it. To be fair, it's not the greatest thing for the other four in this, who basically got buried. Of course in the grand scheme of things, it's probably for the better, but that depends on how you put together the upcoming parts.

- Smart booking of the Main Event. Very smart. Angelo looks strong at first, due to his anger, but then the same fury costs him the Match. Be that as it may, as a reader you still sympathize with Dawkins and doesn't hold it against him and then you put the cherry on top of it with how you involved Montez and the Usos. Great ending for Smackdown, which made the Street Profits look like stars.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
- Angelo Dawkins hunting for Roman is an interesting start to the show - don't know if this ends well for him

- Ricochet beating Gulak - is always the right choice.

- I like the idea of local talent - refusing work from the fed LOL

- Corbin losing to Mustafi is meh for me though - Ali is supa underated

- I'd rather Jeff win - but I can fucks with Zayn.

- I like the misdirection locker-room scene though - good build up.

- The intentions of the Gauntlet match were clear - although personally Shayna as a character bores me. But she is a monster and would make for a good title challenger.

- Main-event made sense for what you are doing. All in all decent enough show

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Fightful:

* In the next few weeks on Raw, we've heard rumblings that the product may be a little more edgier in the last 30 minutes of the show. This is a throwback experiment to the Warzone days of Raw
* Expect an announcement regarding a new championship to debut soon
* WWE are looking to go big for the King of the Ring PPV event, and have sent feelers out for some SHOCK appearances

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Fightful:

* In the next few weeks on Raw, we've heard rumblings that the product may be a little more edgier in the last 30 minutes of the show. This is a throwback experiment to the Warzone days of Raw
* Expect an announcement regarding a new championship to debut soon
* WWE are looking to go big for the King of the Ring PPV event, and have sent feelers out for some SHOCK appearances

King of the ring sounds hype especially if done right. Roster is stacked with enough to make a good one just with Raw and Smackdown

JDBengal

Reaction score
I'm really enjoying the first few shows. A few highlights though:

- Roman Reigns and the Street Profits. You've somehow made the Street Profits feel like they belong on the same page as Roman Reigns, while also not bringing Roman down a level. Great work with this feud.
- Robert Roode. Love that he's back to his Glorious stage and that he's just downright refusing to mess with Dolph.
- Can't wait for the King of the Ring. One of my favorite events in wrestling.
- Shayna is a monster.
- Unexpectedly liking Lashley and Rey. I actually got a chuckle out of Lashley coming back in for seconds with the chair.

Really looking forward to more of this!

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Raw.png

Monday Night Raw
June 28th 2021
Winter Park, Florida

Video from the parking lot shows Robert Roode arriving with a security detail. He has the TV title fastened around quickly scurries into a locker room that is locked from inside. The camera pans back to show Dolph Ziggler standing in the hallway, a subtle shake of his head. He turns and heads off towards Triple H's office

Joseph: Welcome everyone to another Monday night edition of Raw! This is the final Raw before the King of the Ring event this Saturday, live on pay-per-view

Saxton: An imminent coronation, championships at stake, rivalries settled, Vic this is going to be one amazing night of action

*PROMO*

The music of Rey Mysterio hits and he makes his way down to the ring. He is met with warm applause from the WWE fans, and is walking with a noticeable limp and favouring his mid-section. He gingerly makes his way into the ring and collects a mic

Rey: Gracias por su cálida bienvenida. Pero esta noche no se trata de bienvenida, esta noche se trata de venganza (Thank you for your warm welcome. But tonight is not about welcome, tonight is about vengeance)

This pops the crowd, and Rey clears his throat

Rey: You see it's one thing to beat up on me, an experienced veteran who has battled men of all shapes and sizes around the world. But....when you target my family, my familia, that is a different story. That is crossing the line. Bobby Lashley you son of a bitch, you crossed the line by putting your hands on my boy. And I'm not going to let it slide. I'm here tonight to challenge you, Bobby, and I want to take your championship alongside it

More pops from the crowd but they are interrupted...

MVP: Hang on a minute. Hang on a minute. Rey, hombre, what exactly are you planning at here? Are you stupid?

Rey: Stupid? Montel this isn't the ti...

MVP: Time for what? You're out here throwing around a challenge for a fight, and I think you have to be stupid to go through with it. Haven't you been beaten down enough the last 2 weeks?

Rey: As I said, P, I'm fine for a beatdown, but you do not touch a man's family. I want to fight Bobby and I want to do it TONIGHT

MVP: Well, Rey, that's not going to happen. You aren't in Bobby's league. He has feasted on you, your boy, and he wants to look ahead now to his next opportunity to put a beat down

Rey: So he's running scared? What an honourable champion

MVP: Scared? Of you? Rey, you really are stupid. I have half a mind to come beat some sense into you myself

Rey: Well, you're right about the half a mind

MVP: Insults and threats huh Rey. I tell you what - how about we have ourselves a fight tonight. One on one. You win, I'll get Bobby to fight you for the title on Saturday. But when I win, Rey, Bobby gets your son inside a steel cage

Rey: You're on!

Both men cast laser beamed daggers at one another

<=================COMMERCIAL BREAK=================>

Match 1: Big E vs Seth Rollins
King of the Ring Quarter Finals Match

Summary:
Big E controls the early onset with his power game, which leads Rollins to becoming frustrated. Every aerial move that Rollins attempts, Big E catches him and throws him around like a ragdoll. E continues to dominate, but takes too much time and Rollins starts to utilise his educated feet to gain the upper hand. His speed starts to work in his favour with a variety of moves, but E rallies back with power. E attempts a spear but Rollins counters with a superkick, followed by a curb stomp for the win

Winner via pinfall: Seth Rollins (9:27)

Match 2: Damien Priest vs John Morrison
King of the Ring Quarter Finals Match

Summary:
Morrison starts off with the flash but Priest just obliterates him with a flurry of offensive kicks and punches, before executing a modified chokeslam for the win

Winner via pinfall: Damien Priest (2:19)

Post-match, Seth Rollins appears at the top of the ramp. He and Priest have a stare down leading into Saturday night

*PROMO*

Rhea Ripley is standing inside the ring. "For the last 2 weeks, some weird things have been happening to me. Objects falling behind me backstage. White masks being left near workout equipment. Coloured robes in my locker room. Late night phone calls with no-one responding on the other line." Ripley readjusts herself, before getting a bit of anger in her voice. "But these games will stop now. I am the WWE Women's Champion and I will not be disrespected. I am a woman of action, of power, of dominance." Ripley adjusts the title on her shoulder, holding it up high. "So I am throwing it out there to ANY woman backstage, that this Saturday night, I want to defend my championship and reclaim my status as the alpha female" Ripley stares into the camera, when the lights start to flicker. The white masks scurry across the tron, and then hundreds of them drop from the rafters. Rainbow swirls now cross the screen and tron, before a dragon face flashes brightly. Ripley stands there in a state of wonder, when suddenly ASUKA emerges behind her and locks Ripley in the Asuka-Lock. Ripley squirms and frails about before passing out. Asuka then grabs the title and microphone, "You're....not....ready....for....ASUKA!!!!"

Match 3: Sheamus (c) vs Randy Orton

US_Title.png

WWE United States Championship Match

Summary:
Orton and Sheamus start off with a flurry of fists as they look to gain the advantage. Sheamus gains the upper hand, his superior size and strength giving him momentum. He focuses in on Orton's back, wearing him down gradually. He hits a back breaker, followed by a suplex, and then clubbing blows to the chest. Sheamus is full of confidence until Orton starts to mount a comeback, chipping away at Sheamus' knee, slowly causing him to struggle a bit. Orton desperately tries for an RKO, but Sheamus counters it into an Irish Curse. Sheamus charges in for a brogue kick, but Orton ducks, and counters with a scoop slam for 2. Orton then starts to work the upper body, and his barrage of elbow strikes cause a trickle of blood to appear on the forehead of the celtic warrior. Orton again goes for the RKO but Sheamus counters into a backslide for 2. Sheamus then quickly hits another Irish Curse, followed by a stiff clothesline. Sheamus starts to taunt for the Brogue Kick, when the crowd starts to stir as CHAD GABLE hops the barricade and grabs a hold of Sheamus' foot. Sheamus swats down at him, as Gable backs away, and Sheamus turns around into a devastating RKO and Orton covers for the pin

Winner via pinfall and NEW United States Champion: Randy Orton

Gable gloats at ringside as Sheamus is absolutely seething. Orton looks down towards Gable and is a little bit pissed off, but he raises the title appreciatively

Match 4: Carmella & Zelina Vega vs Liv Morgan & Dana Brooke
Women's Tag Team Match

Summary:
A run of the mill tag team match where all 4 women get to showcase their talents with some familiar spots. Vega & Mella gain the ascendency on Dana, before Liv mounts a comeback. Liv has Mella in a bad spot before a blind tag, and Zelina hits a code red for the victory

Winners via pinfall: Carmella & Zelina Vega (4:08)

Match 5: Rey Mysterio vs MVP
(If Rey wins, he faces Lashley at KOTR. If he loses, Lashley faces Dom inside a cage)

Summary:
MVP does a lot of stalling to start the match, trying to get Rey agitated. He backs into the turnbuckle, and Rey advances over, with MVP then poking him in the eye and hitting him with a clubbing blow to the pack of the head. MVP stomps around on Rey, then leaves him prone, as MVP starts to mouth off and talk trash to Rey. He takes too long, and Mysterio musters a counter offensive, delivering a range of leg kicks and aerial splashes that repeatedly take MVP off of his feet. MVP rolls to the outside to catch his breath, and Rey gives chase. Bad move as MVP starts to stomp him again, but Rey catches the foot. He gets to a standing base, and with renewed aggression, Mysterio delivers more strikes. He delivers the 3 amigo suplexes, and then dropkicks MVP into the ropes. He then delivers a 619, followed by a frog splash for the win

Winner via pinfall: Rey Mysterio (15:34)

Bobby Lashley charges the ring, looking to get him some of Rey, but Rey unloads with a dropkick to the knee of Lashley, followed by a snap DDT. Rey mounts the fallen champion and hammers away with a flurry of fists. Lashley pushes him off, gets to his feet and charges again, at which point Rey drop-toe-holds him into the ropes. Rey then executes a picture-perfect 619 that sends Lashley reeling and he rolls out of the ring to the floor. Lashley is grabbing at his head, clutching his title, as Mysterio stands tall

<=================SHOW END=================>

KingOfTheRing.png

King of the Ring Match Card
July 2nd 2021
Winter Park, Florida

WWE Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) vs Rey Mysterio

King of the Ring Semi Finals
Damien Priest vs Seth Rollins

King of the Ring Semi Finals
[Shinsuke/Corbin] vs [Zayn/Ricochet]

King of the Ring Final
[Priest/Rollins] vs [Shinsuke/Corbin/Zayn/Ricochet]

Unified Tag Team Championship
AJ Styles & Omos (c) vs ?

WWE Women's Championship
Rhea Ripley (c) vs Asuka

WWE Women's Television Championship
Invitational Battle Royal

Open to all contracted women on the roster​

Last edited:

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
- Robert Roode as the TV Champion is a plus in my book and apparently he's feuding with Dolph, I assume? Can't wish for a better midcard feud, really. Those two could easily put on sleeper hit after sleeper hit. Intrigued by what Dolph wants from the H-Man.

- Good stuff between Rey and MVP there. Not sure why MVP puts himself into that position at the end, because if he loses, Lashley's gonna be more than pissed, I imagine. Rollins beating Big E is okay. I'm always high on Seth, but since it's the KOTR, I kinda would've liked to see Big E maybe go all the way. Seth doesn't really need it at that point in time. Damien Priest winning fits perfectly though. Also quite a good candidate for winning it all, if I think about it.

- Great segment with Ripley and ASUKA. Very good way to show ASUKA as an actual threat to Rhea, which you simply have to do with Ripley as Champion. I dunno the backstory of Gable/Sheamus, but this was a good set piece. I personally prefer, in story moments like this, that the Title rather goes to someone, who also gets lifted onto another level by it, but I'm still looking forward to see, what you are going to do with US Champion Orton.

- Carmella & Vega winning over Liv and Dana is alright in my book. Rey Rey winning means that MVP's gonna be in trouble, I bet. I think there could've been a better story within the Match, though. I know it's just a summary of the Matches, but like, you mentioned earlier in the show how Rey's (slightly) limping, but you didn't factor that in at all in the Main Event, by the looks of it. That makes it, at least in my eyes, a bit less rounded out... if that makes sense. It's great to see Rey being portraited so strong though, with that aftermath. I don't think he's gonna win the Title, but at least he isn't just some cannon fodder.

All in all a satisfying go-home RAW before the KOTR. :D

Reactions: Lethal

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
You convinced me in the chat box to read this thing, so here goes (I went back to the beginning so that I can understand what's going on, thankfully it was only a couple shows)

A few notes:
  1. I assume RAW is 2 hours again? It feels like the number of matches/segments make it a 2 hour show. If only we can actually get that.
  2. I like the Mysterio promo (and feud in general). My only 2 nitpicks would be that Rey calls MVP "Montel" then "P" during the promo. Both are uncommon, but also you'd typically stick to 1 name. Also, for someone protecting his family he put his son in danger and didn't have an ace up his sleeve to guarantee victory in the main event.
  3. You can never go wrong with a King of the Ring. Love everything about it, especially having only the Semi's and Final on the PLE.
  4. Good stuff with Gable/Sheamus. I'm intrigued as to where Gable/Orton go, as I wondered why Gable would help Orton, with whom he has no prior relation.
  5. There was no timestamp on the Orton/Sheamus match. I assumed it was probably around 12-15 given the length of the writeup.
  6. I love that you're making Asuka look like a threat (same with Shayna on SD).
  7. The TV Title, is it a traveling championship? I assume so, but I guess it does not have to be defended each TV just once a week on TV?
  8. It feels weird to have Dolph/Roode in the cold open before the show, only to never see them the rest of the night. At the very least I'd have Ziggler come out of HHH's office later (smiling) and an interview where he explains that he'll tell everyone why (or if you want to wait tell them to tune in Friday and he'd explain).

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Nice little segment between Ripley and Asuka. Also quite like the idea of Rey Rey vs Lashley as a feud to keep Lashley going along as Champion and the build to KOTR was decent here as well. Was shocked to see Randy win the US title but could have a fun run with it

Reactions: Death By Looch

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
futurama-were-back-baby.gif

You heard right. New episode coming this weekend.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler