WWE Raw Supershow Live Discussion - April 23rd, 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
263.jpg

This week, Brock Lesnar and John Cena will confront one another face to face in the ring as they sign the contract to confirm their Extreme Rules match. Last week, Brock Lesnar had some harsh words for Cena in a taped interview. For Cena, questions remain about his focus after surprisingly losing to the recently debuted, Lord Tensai. Questions have been asked about whether Cena has been in the right frame of mind since losing to the Rock at Wrestlemania 28, and with an even more dangerous opponent around the corner, it seems that Cena doesn't have a long time to get back to his best. Tune in to this blockbuster three hour Raw to see what happens between these two volatile and controversial athletes.

Also on Raw

Last week, Lord Tensai shocked the world by defeating John Cena in the main event. Who could be next for Tensai and can anybody stop his momentum? Also last week, Chris Jericho once again tried to make his rivalry with CM Punk even more personal. Punk successfully defended his WWE Championship against Mark Henry in a no disqualification match and, with a Chicago street fight against Jericho coming up, has the first ever Undisputed Champion only served to fuel Punk in his quest for revenge? We also saw the Big Show and Khali team up and defeat the tag team Champions, Epico and Primo. Could a tag team championship match be looming for them? And with Santino and Brodus Clay's rivalry with Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger gaining more steam, expect to see more between these four this week. With just under a week until Extreme Rules, this is set to be an exciting Raw Supershow.

Just a reminder that tomorrow's show is a THREE HOUR special, so make sure to get here at 8PM EST instead of the usual 9PM if you're going to be around to watch it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Once again is this the draft?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Watch Cole and Lawler at the beginning of the show say "we've just been informed that this is going to be the annual wwe draft".

I'd lulz, but I doubt it very much. Apparently they're looking at early-June, but honestly, there's no reason to even have a draft. I've already explained why in the other thread though.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'd lulz, but I doubt it very much. Apparently they're looking at early-June, but honestly, there's no reason to even have a draft. I've already explained why in the other thread though.

I can see why you feel that way but I disagree. While the stars may be appearing on both brands, it's still somewhat limited. For the most part SD competes with SD and raw competes with raw. Who cares if they appear on the same brand. Being drafted to SD or raw can refresh a stars career. And besides it's exciting when the stars flash on the screen and your on the edge of the seat waiting on who's gonna be drafted

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
And besides it's exciting when the stars flash on the screen and your on the edge of the seat waiting on who's gonna be drafted
It lost its appeal to me last year when Cena was drafted to SD and then back to Raw later in the same night. I could care less about the draft now and I don't think WWE does either, or they would have been using tomorrow's show for it.

And as for your argument, just last week alone you had Daniel Bryan (SD) vs. Kofi Kingston (Raw), CM Punk (Raw) vs. Mark Henry (SD, and in this case a SD wrestler was competing for the WWE Title, which is technically branded to Raw) and Brodus Clay (Raw) vs. Hunico (SD). I haven't gone back any further, but I'm willing to bet there's at least a few matches each week that are cross-branded.

By that logic, to me anyway, the brand extension is dead and therefore the draft should be too.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
Yea, that Cena situation was just garbage.

I used to be a big fan and advocate of the brand split, but this was when they actually maintained a pretty decent separation. Even if tomorrow was a draft, what big bomb could they drop that would even matter since there's little separation right now?

I hope at the very least that if that June date is actually a draft, then Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis have settled their feud and Teddy has regained control of SD and keeps his roster as far from RAW as possible so the brand split would actually mean something.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Guess what the opening segment is. Brock Lesnar and John Cena's contract signing.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Guess what the opening segment is. Brock Lesnar and John Cena's contract signing.

I wonder if there'll be any shenanigans?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's almost time, hope everybody's here.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler