WWE Raw & SmackDown! GM Swap

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Teddy needs to go. He is the longest tenured non McMahon authority figure since the days of Jack Tunney. He has ran his course and I can't think of a blander, more stale character anywhere on the roster. Ace has been pretty awesome the past couple of months.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Ace is pretty awesome, yeah, but I don't like the concept of 1 GM unless you end the brand split, which makes the belts worthless...

...HOWEVER, I joked in the shoutbox that a feud between Punk & Bryan for an undisputed champ to end the brand split at the end of all of this would be preferable (especially if they keep selling that neither can beat the other) and it would be the icing on the cake for the Punk/Jericho feud... I'm now starting to think that it's less a joke on my behalf now when I talk of this idea...

I do agree that Teddy needs to go though.

Airfixx

Reaction score
re: Unification

For a number of reasons it's absolutely begging to be done, but will they? Hmmmmm... Probably not without Cena carrying one of the straps.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^To be fair, who in the Hell thought Jericho would be the guy to go over Rock AND Austin in one night to unify the straps? I don't necessarily believe they would NEED Cena involved in it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^That could be >_>...

...but, if it were to happen with the 1 GM and brand split, with the way they've done Punk/Bryan, it'd be the perfect matchup at SummerSlam if both of these guys were still champ.

Reaction score
I'm hopin. Danielson has just been awesome and Punk is stepping his game up too. If they give them the freedom they will give Taker and HHH at Mania, that would be match of the year, no doubt.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Punk v. Dragon work post-WWE was pretty damn awesome. They work a lot of spots into their matches, but they change it up more-so than most people do/would. Regal/Benoit-esque, minus the ultra-stiffing and headshots. They compliment each other so well though (and Bryan's done a great job as the heel this time around compared to their Indy work with Punk playing the heel). I'd love to see it...

Airfixx

Reaction score
^To be fair, who in the Hell thought Jericho would be the guy to go over Rock AND Austin in one night to unify the straps? I don't necessarily believe they would NEED Cena involved in it.

True, but they still had their top top guys involved in the unification angle/tourney.

Whatever their plans for Cena post-Rock, I don't see him drifting around in an almost mid-card capacity indefinately (Same as Orton).

Personally would love to see them rock a HHH-endorsed 2-Man Power Trip-esque duo... The extra beauty of which being that we never got to see said angle play out first time around so no repetition to cause irritation.

Airfixx

Reaction score
He's painfully vanilla in the same way that face Cole was.

nation

Reaction score
Funny how many love interests Teddy has had. Fuck, they never even really explained how Teddy came back after the heart attack. You would think that would have some story development but he just came back and somehow was fine.