WWE RAW November 26th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I was looking at the "records" earlier.

In 9 days, Punk will have been WWE Champion for 381 days, which will make him the longest-reigning WWE Champion since the 1980's, when Hogan had the last multi-year WWE Championship reign. The current longest reign was 380 days by John Cena.

Strangely, that hasn't been picked up as a WWE "Did You Know?" blurb.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
deth said:
What the hell is a chairs match?

A match where you are allowed to beat someone with a chair. Often they are hanging from the roof.

MarkyMark

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
A chairs match where you aren't allowed to hit each other over the head will be boring.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:
In all honesty I have no problem with Ryback in the main event. He has proven for the last couple of weeks that he is making up for his HIAC work and that he wants this. Kudos to him. I like to look at things in the long run. HHH is high on Bryan. His day will come.

I have no problem with it anymore either. I hope you're right and it's just what Deth said DB over for months and months and didn't feel like he was ever pushed this hard. Even when he won the WHC it seemed cowardly because he said he would win it at mania and won it before. Either way it's nice to have him around and he probably doesn't have as big of a problem with it as me so it's all gravy. I'm done bitching for tonight lol.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Did Jerry just make a rape joke?

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
I'm just getting worried that DB will be stuck in this kind of act forever meanwhile other guys get all of the opportunities.

I have a feeling this will happen. I really don't see DB becoming WWE champ ever, WHC at best. :sad1:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
deth said:
I have a feeling this will happen. I really don't see DB becoming WWE champ ever, WHC at best. :sad1:

If that's the case i'd rather see him go back to ROH and I can drive 45 min to see him in matches that showcases him as the main event

Stopspot

Reaction score
lol this thread has become like the wrestlemania one. Just crying over Bryan. :eek:tunga: No offence guys but the last ten or so pages are probably mostly this debate on if Bryan is a joke or not. How can he be a joke when booked so strongly and still showcasing a competent moveset? It's not like Santino who has a comedic moveset to go with it.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
A match where you are allowed to beat someone with a chair. Often they are hanging from the roof.

Kinda silly. Why not just make it a nodq match? :pity1:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
lol this thread has become like the wrestlemania one. Just crying over Bryan. :eek:tunga: No offence guys but the last ten or so pages are probably mostly this debate on if Bryan is a joke or not. How can he be a joke when booked so strongly and still showcasing a competent moveset? It's not like Santino who has a comedic moveset to go with it.

Just shows how interesting RAW has been :dawg:

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Since Ambrose very little has happened tonight very hit an miss RAW.

Stopspot

Reaction score
deth said:
Just shows how interesting RAW has been :dawg:

In all honesty we have gotten a lot of build towards TLC but at the cost of a lot of ring work.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
I'm just getting worried that DB will be stuck in this kind of act forever meanwhile other guys get all of the opportunities.

You have to remember the basic reality of storytelling is that villains are flat-out more interesting than heroes.

Who's the more interesting character: Superman or Lex Luthor? Batman (the ost interesting hero in existence) or Joker? Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader? Harry Potter or Voldemort? Edward or anybody out to kill Bella in the Twilight books?

Add to that the reality, in the world of pro wrestling, that the big, muscular guys always end up being the heroes (Hogan (in his prime), Cena, Rocky, now Ryback - same list from earlier, but I digress). Meanwhile, the leaner, meaner, smarter guys end up being the villains (Punk, Edge, Michaels in his early work, HHH before he bulked up) and most of us think that Daniel Bryan is more in that latter category than the former, which suggests that he'll end up spending most of his career as a heel. Somebody's gotta be around to take on the Rybacks, Cenas, Rollinses, Sheamuses, etc., of the WWE. Since the future boss is so high on DBD, that does bode well for his future and for his future success. He'll end up having multiple world title reigns, if for no other reason than the fact that most people find it more interesting to watch the hero chase the title than hold it and beat everybody in defending it, which most fans tend to find very boring (as we did during that 380-day WWE Title Reign by Cena about 6 years ago).

So, relax. DBD will be around for a long time and will always have something to do.

wk

Stopspot

Reaction score
Wacokid27 said:
You have to remember the basic reality of storytelling is that villains are flat-out more interesting than heroes.

Who's the more interesting character: Superman or Lex Luthor? Batman (the ost interesting hero in existence) or Joker? Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader? Harry Potter or Voldemort? Edward or anybody out to kill Bella in the Twilight books?

Add to that the reality, in the world of pro wrestling, that the big, muscular guys always end up being the heroes (Hogan (in his prime), Cena, Rocky, now Ryback - same list from earlier, but I digress). Meanwhile, the leaner, meaner, smarter guys end up being the villains (Punk, Edge, Michaels in his early work, HHH before he bulked up) and most of us think that Daniel Bryan is more in that latter category than the former, which suggests that he'll end up spending most of his career as a heel. Somebody's gotta be around to take on the Rybacks, Cenas, Rollinses, Sheamuses, etc., of the WWE. Since the future boss is so high on DBD, that does bode well for his future and for his future success. He'll end up having multiple world title reigns, if for no other reason than the fact that most people find it more interesting to watch the hero chase the title than hold it and beat everybody in defending it, which most fans tend to find very boring (as we did during that 380-day WWE Title Reign by Cena about 6 years ago).

So, relax. DBD will be around for a long time and will always have something to do.

wk
This. There will always be a place for Bryan in the WWE after the year he has had. HBK's apprentice will keep up his legacy.