WWE RAW November 26th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Lawler never talks about wrestlers talents if they are leaning towards being a heel. Which Bryan does as a part of the tweener team Hell No. Lawler as a face only focuses on talking down on heels.

This is one of the reasons you really need a three-man booth in pro wrestling television.

Lawler and Ross were great as a two-man team in the Attitude Era (and they really spoiled us into thinking two guys could always get the job done), with Ross being the face pbp guy while Lawler was the heel color guy. It actually worked fairly well when we had Cole's heel pbp guy and Lawler's face color commentator, but not nearly as well (Cole's very good, but he's not as good a foil as JR was). Joey Styles really spoiled ECW fans by being able to do it all by himself (he's still the single greatest pro wrestling commentator in my opinion, just because he could do it all.

But, the reality is, you really need a heel color guy, a face color guy (both should probably be former wrestlers) and a neutral pbp guy. The best commentary on the night has been when Barrett was out for the match with Kofi earler, where Lawler's face character had a foil in Barrett's heelishness and Cole could just call the action. Frankly, the Smackdown team just works better than the Raw team right now, even though Josh Matthews is nowhere near the commentator that Cole is, but JBL covers a multitude of sins there.

wk

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
Exactly what i'm thinking. I don't want to bring this up but why does Ryback get more consideration for serious matches than DB. I get that DB is one half of the tag team champions but that isn't good enough.

Ryback is over for a couple weeks -> instant main event
Bryan is over for months and months -> comedy act no one takes seriously

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
deth said:
Ryback is over for a couple weeks -> instant main event
Bryan is over for months and months -> comedy act no one takes seriously

I mean we were pretty hard on Ryback but that is what i'm talking about. How much better would tlc be if it was DB vs Punk in a TLC match? I mean the possibilities are endless compared to the 20 min carry match. If this happens to any members in the Shield then i will probably stop watching for awhile.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
I mean we were pretty hard on Ryback but that is what i'm talking about. How much better would tlc be if it was DB vs Punk in a TLC match? I mean the possibilities are endless compared to the 20 min carry match. If this happens to any members in the Shield then i will probably stop watching for awhile.

No offence Danny but this seems to be the fanboy in you talking. I would mark just as much but I have no problem with Bryan's current position either since he is a big part of almost every show and is protected as fuck and will help him in the long run. Kane will most likely turn on Bryan or wise versa and it will become a long running feud between the two probably ending at Mania with Bryan going over.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
Exactly what i'm thinking. I don't want to bring this up but why does Ryback get more consideration for serious matches than DB. I get that DB is one half of the tag team champions but that isn't good enough.

:happy: "looks like a champion".

HHH isn't as big on this as Vince is, but it's still a consideration (also, several people seem to be of the opinion that Ryback is Vince's last "chosen one" champion-type (Hogan, Rocky, Cena, now Ryback). Some of you are saying, "What about Sheamus?" Sheamus is HHH's workout buddy. Don't forget that.

God bless :goatface:, but he doesn't have "the look". He's more like an HBK, Jericho, or Punk, where he has to rely on ability and charisma to get over than big muscles and power moves.

wk

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:

I felt like the Punk/Bryan feud that happened some months back could have been amazing, and even something similar to Rock/Austin (not at the same level obviously, but still).

BITW vs BITW, indy star vs indy star, self made man vs self made man etc

It could have been a great feud and rivalry between the two.. but instead we got soap opera garbage, now Punk is a cowardly heel, and Bryan a comedy act :downer:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:
No offence Danny but this seems to be the fanboy in you talking. I would mark just as much but I have no problem with Bryan's current position either since he is a big part of almost every show and is protected as fuck and will help him in the long run. Kane will most likely turn on Bryan or wise versa and it will become a long running feud between the two probably ending at Mania with Bryan going over.

Fan boy or not it's fucking true.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:

btw i'm not cursing at you. Just at the fact that it's true lol

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Stopspot said:

I'd love to predict what you're saying, but I'm still leery about #wwelogic.

Either way, I hope you're right.

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
DannyWoods said:
Fan boy or not it's fucking true.

In all honesty I have no problem with Ryback in the main event. He has proven for the last couple of weeks that he is making up for his HIAC work and that he wants this. Kudos to him. I like to look at things in the long run. HHH is high on Bryan. His day will come.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wacokid27 said:
:happy: "looks like a champion".

HHH isn't as big on this as Vince is, but it's still a consideration (also, several people seem to be of the opinion that Ryback is Vince's last "chosen one" champion-type (Hogan, Rocky, Cena, now Ryback). Some of you are saying, "What about Sheamus?" Sheamus is HHH's workout buddy. Don't forget that.

God bless :goatface:, but he doesn't have "the look". He's more like an HBK, Jericho, or Punk, where he has to rely on ability and charisma to get over than big muscles and power moves.

wk

I'm just getting worried that DB will be stuck in this kind of act forever meanwhile other guys get all of the opportunities.