WWE Raw live discussion thread 4/11/11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Sorry I am late on this, I did not see one but so far it has been a pretty sloppy Raw. First Cena comes out and wants to win the WWE title, Orton then comes out, and surprisingly Morrison comes out, no Punk, but then afterwards Ziggler comes out and then we have out of nowhere R-Truth come out and wants his shot at the title. So the Raw GM makes a gauntlet match for later tonight. Could be interesting.

Divas title match, and Eve decides to mark one of the Bellas, the plan works well but Eve loses the title in what I call a * match, and then we see Eve mad backstage saying all the diva's "don't care"

Then wow! Not saying this match was phenomenal but they gave time for both Primo and Sin Cara, and besides the botch from Sin Cara this was a nice TV match to watch ** 1/2.

Also Edge talking about retirement? Wow I am interested in this I do not know about you guys.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
So now we have the Corre in the ring and they get into an argument, and then Santino comes out and he has form his own group called Apple. Leading to a match between the two teams.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Corre picks up the win and actually looked really good as a team here. Glad to see them pick up the win here, and nice tag match by all men here **. So far match wise Raw has been pretty good, and now JR is out and we are going to have King and Swagger (again), and if King wins we will have a Wrestlemania remtach, with King as well picking up the stipulation, but if Swagger wins Cole retires "undefeated". JR comes out and beelines too Cole and Swagger comes out to attack. So is the match still happening? We will have to wait and see as we are at commercial.

Reaction score
I wouldn't really say it was a Sin Cara botch. Primo lost his footing and fell straight down. Sin Cara tried to make the best out of it and act like Primo countered it.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
So basically King and Swagger was a pretty decent match *1/2, basically just used to keep on promoting the feud of King and Cole more, hopefully they will do right with the match at Extreme Rules. Instead of having Michael Cole getting any offense, they should just have it where King beats the living tar out of Cole.

Now Cole is yelling at Swagger and slaps Swagger ooooo bad move Michael, Swagger now is pissed and King is now announcing the Extreme Rules match. He made it into a tag match King. So the match at Extreme Rules will be King and JR vs Cole and Swagger. This should just be a beat down on Cole which should have been at Wrestlemania.

Showing a recap from the awesome Triple H and Undertaker match at Wrestlemania. They have superstars talking about the match itself, really good video package by the WWE, Edge and John Cena are talking and now Edge is going to come out and make his announcement.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
I wouldn't really say it was a Sin Cara botch. Primo lost his footing and fell straight down. Sin Cara tried to make the best out of it and act like Primo countered it.

Looked like a botch to me as Sin Cara kind of lost his footing there, but he does have a neat little finisher. Thanks for coming into the chat with me bud. Gets kind of boring talking to yourself lol.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Edge is out here now and I can not wait for what he has to say.

Edge said this

" You may have to bare with me a little bit I am going have to ramble and make no sense, but bare with me.... a lot of people believe that the WWE may not hurt that it is all smoke and mirrors, I wish that was the case, and any one in the the locker room would know that... 8 years ago I had broke my neck and had neck fusion surgery.... so I have been on borrow time, but a lot lately and I have been losing feeling in my arms, and I passed all the test and made it through Wrestlemania, so the WWE made me go through more taste, and I have to retire, thankfully for them finding this out as I do not have to end up in a wheel chair.... This is a lot tougher then I thought it would be. (Thank you Edge chant) No thank you guys.... This is an emotional week for me, and until I talk to Christian, and if you do not know Christian has been my best friend for 27 years.... I have been angry, I felt angry at myself, I feel a lot of depending on me, and that is is not ending on my terms.... Like all of you I am WWE fan... I went to Wrestlemania 6 and watched Hulk Hogan fast forward years later and I main evented against the Undertaker.... if you would have told me that I would have won all these championship and that it is just crazy... My first match in the WWE was when I was 23 years old... I went from the cool guy in new york, went from the guy wearing a trench coat in the ring, then I went from the man that went to doing 5 second pose with those who had benefit of flash photography with Christian, to a vile man who got thrown in a long island sound, I had a live sex celebration with Lita and thankfully not Vickie Guerrero... I hope I have the respect from all the guys in the locker room and you guys too... I am going to go home I do not have to suit up in tights, and I am going home and eating ice cream... If you asked me if I wanted to do it again, from the day where I got signed with JR, from all the matches, the injuries, the surgeries, and metal rods in my teeth.... and if asked to do it again in a heart beat I will do it again, thank you, thank you very much"

Thank you Edge, Thank you Edge, Thank you Edge.

Not word for word but good enough.

Last edited:

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
WWE gauntlet match time, the Miz is out here and will be an interesting match can't wait to see. They are giving this match a lot of time.

Reaction score
you also have to wonder what is going to happen with Smackdown? Edge was one of their biggest stars and their World Champion. Are they going to have Del Rio-Christian ladder match for the title? Smackdown could be hurting with lack of star power besides Rey Mysterio.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
wow you got his speech word for word...very nice

Not really word for word tried it, mainly for people who are not watching Raw and are interested in it. Now New Nexus interfered on Randy Orton's match and cost him a shot at the WWE title. Ziggler is moving on in the gauntlet, and we have Dolph moving on, so most likely Cena is winning this thing, only logical person besides Morrison. I think though Morrison has some heat on him.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
you also have to wonder what is going to happen with Smackdown? Edge was one of their biggest stars and their World Champion. Are they going to have Del Rio-Christian ladder match for the title? Smackdown could be hurting with lack of star power besides Rey Mysterio.

This is true, I mean really Rey is there top face they have no one else. Maybe if they play there card rights they could make Swagger a face considering where he is going with this whole Cole situation. Maybe it is time for Christian to shine and get over big with the fans.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
If Edge thing is for real and it definitely looks like it is, I would expect Christian and Del Rio to feud and Edge to be on SD to forfeit the belt. Del Rio wins and feuds with Christian and Mysterio for a while Rhodes is up there as well.

Reaction score
we are forgetting about Kofi Kingston on Smackdown....of course if he survives the yearly cuts...They could make Drew McIntyre a star heel or a face

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Well there goes Ziggy, and now we will get Morrison vs the Truth. It is obvious Cena is winning here now.

I hope Kofi survives the WWE cuts, although he is not selling merchandise, he is talent that can be used in the near future for sure.