WWE RAW December 17th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: WWE RAW December 17th 2012 Live Discussion Thread

deth said:
Probably at first, but he totally lost all his momentum after losing to Superman.

Lol no, keep on reaching for reasons to hate Cena though

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
deth said:
Probably at first, but he totally lost all his momentum after losing to Superman.

Nah.

Seabs said:
Doubt it tbh, Brock is a huge star but Rock is an A LIST celebrity.

I know Brock drew huge for Summerslam with HHH, but I have no idea what impact he has on ratings. He is probably still ahead of Cena and behind Rocky though.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Is Brock not close?

Nah. He is probably #2, but a very distant #2

Not exactly an exact science, but this sort of gives you an idea

http://www.googlebattle.com/?domain=Dwayne+Johnson&domain2=Brock+Lesnar&submit=Go%21

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Brock is over a year removed from being a successful UFC fighter. Not too many people outside of wrestling really care about him anymore.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Brock is more like 2.5-3 years removed from being UFC relevant. He looked like dog shit against Cain Velasquez and everyone knew Uberreem would punish him.

but yea, Brock provided some crossover appeal from WWE -> MMA when he first started fighting, and then UFC -> WWE crossover when he came back, but he doesn't really draw in eyes that aren't normally watching like Rock does.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they already announce the slammy winners at the pre-show?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
leojay said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they already announce the slammy winners at the pre-show?

For the "technical" /"web" awards yes. I'm guessing "big" awards like superstar of the year and match of the year are handed out tonight

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Ah. Were these ones also voted on by the du-b-u du-b-u e universe? Or are these ones actually rigged?

acailler

Reaction score
So, Who will be using...

THE WWE APP?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Danielson said:
Any returns expected tonight?

According to loldirtsheets

We reported last week that WWE is interested in bringing back several former names to help fill out the main roster mid-card, and PWInsider.com is reporting that it's very possible we could see some familiar names return for the Slammy Awards edition of Raw tonight.