WWE RAW 2nd January 2012 - It Begins LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I feel the same way as Dale. Everybody expected the biggest RAW of 2012 thus far but WWE screwed this once again. Exactly how I said it´s gonna go down.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I feel the same way as Dale. Everybody expected the biggest RAW of 2012 thus far but WWE screwed this once again. Exactly how I said it´s gonna go down.

isn't this the first raw of 2012 so where does the thus far come from.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Lance Storm Training With Jericho
Lance Storm tweeted the following last night after Chris Jericho made his return:

Since he's back yes @IAmJericho did come back and train with me at SWA. We spent a couple days in the ring including a 17 min match #norust
Tue Jan 03 04:02:46 via Twitter for Android
Lance Storm
@Storm_Wrestling

Nice. Not sure if this has been posted here in this thread yet or not.

Vita

Reaction score
thought raw was very very meh. Quick thoughts:
Punk / Ziggler is good, but feels like a placeholder since it's the rumble. Wasn't dolph doing the exact same thing last year?
Kane is stupid. Seriously. So he's dragging people to hell in 2012, huh? Why don't we have Taker come back and fire lightning out of his ass #realism
Still not sure where Cena is going. Still like that he's going somewhere.
Ryder feels much better in the role he's in now, 1 interview and 1 quick backstage deal per show max.
Punk / Laurinaitis is awful.
jericho return can't be measured yet. it's like watching a movie with a cliffhanger ending and not judging it on the sequel. obviously this is a new character / direction, you can't judge it on literally no words.
Raw "Super Show" may as well be called "Smackdown get us started". SD vs SD champs to start, followed by Barrett. lol. Also didn't like the booking of bryan. he's clearly got to be booked ala Benoit. Is he as jacked as Benoit? No. Do you book him as a wirey kind of guy who knows way more submissions and could catch you at any time? Yes. it's not rocket science.

Thats it... for now I guess. thoughts on my uh...thoughts?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't know how anybody that watched Raw could have trouble figuring out Truth is now face.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Jericho in full troll mode.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
from 25 seconds to the end was amazing troll work.

:Clap:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Havent read the thread (its nearly 50 pages, gimme a break) but thought it was a real good Raw.

Missed the Danielson match as I was watching paint dry, but caught the end where Cole was trying to get him over to no avail. I'm guessing the ratings will be low for this part as 'Daniel Bryan match' is a codeword for piss break.

Barrett/Santino served its purpose, short squash match, right guy went over. Santino did his job in being funny and overselling shit Shawn Michaels_style.

Sheamus v Miz was nothing, obviously only done to further the R-Truth feud (which I love btw). Only notable point was Sheamus' stiff ass shots to Miz' chest. Sheamus looked pissed off. Loved Truth beating the shit out of Miz, and the Little Jimmy bit in the crowd. Feel sorry for Miz having to sell a water bottle to the head like a knockout blow though.

Looks like Swagger & Ryder will be feuding soon. I can dig that.

Punk v Ziggler is match of the year so far :p Great stuff, some cool spots ruined by a cheap finish. It fooled quite a lot of ppl into thinking Zigs won the title even though it was a countout. If it means they go again at the Rumble though, all for it.

I've already seen a load of people elsewhere moaning that it was Jericho. I would of prefered someone else too, but it was done really well, liked the 'earthquake' bit and creepy hype vid. My problem was that he should of cut a promo, he milked the crowd far too much, and I dont believe any of this talk that it was a masterclass of trolling by Jericho. It wasnt at all.

Didnt watch the main event, sounded boring.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
so you was watching paint dry for 5 minutes then huh?, and i don't know what you was watching cause i did not hear cole put him over even once. you maybe wanna watch the match again wait i mean just skip it and go to 05:49.

[video=youtube;pKsQKqc1p0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKsQKqc1p0Q&feature=related[/video]

TROLL ALONG MY FRIEND.

Deuce

Reaction score
I was disappointed in Jericho's return, he came back and got a huge reaction but after a while... I wanted him to speak on his return but he didn't! He just walked around apprasing the fans and getting a reaction, then he left. Boring! I hope to see him actually talk next week.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I for one, did not enjoy Bryan vs. Rhodes. Felt it was short and a bit sloppy... Bryan is hardly over with the crowd and should turn heel if he wants a reaction, everytime he wins he over-reacts which is now annoying.

Don't get me wrong, he's great but he needs something to grab the attention from the crowd.

Deuce

Reaction score
Agreed Andrew, he does over-react when he wins. Bryan as a Heel would be a great move by the WWE since he hasn't gotten that big of a reaction as a Face, as a Face he became World Heavyweight champ and still didn't get that big of a reaction but if he was World Heavyweight champ as a Heel..... ratings would sky-rocket... in my opinion. I'm a fan of Daniel Bryan and if he turns Heel, I'll be an even bigger fan. I'm a fan of both Rhodes and Bryan but I have to agree with Andrew again, it wasn't that great. They both have great move lists so they could've had a much better match then they had.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I felt disappointed because every other match was short and I believed Rhodes/Bryan could have gone a bit longer and put on another good match. They're both champions and it just left me puzzled to why they had such a short match, the main event didn't even go for long either...

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Agreed Andrew, he does over-react when he wins. Bryan as a Heel would be a great move by the WWE since he hasn't gotten that big of a reaction as a Face, as a Face he became World Heavyweight champ and still didn't get that big of a reaction but if he was World Heavyweight champ as a Heel..... ratings would sky-rocket... in my opinion. I'm a fan of Daniel Bryan and if he turns Heel, I'll be an even bigger fan. I'm a fan of both Rhodes and Bryan but I have to agree with Andrew again, it wasn't that great. They both have great move lists so they could've had a much better match then they had.
ratings would sky rocket because he's a heel? :lmaolmao:lmao