WWE RAW 2nd January 2012 - It Begins LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
so let me get this right, its only one mans fault that ratings are bad.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
so let me get this right, its only one mans fault that ratings are bad.

Well, when ratings are bad and Cena is champ, its his fault and everyone calls for him to stop hogging main events.

When ratings are bad and IWC golden boy Punk and Danielson are champs, its someone elses fault.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i never said it was anyone elses fault, and the way WWE has pushed Cena i think i'm aloud to say its his fault.

Deuce

Reaction score
Cork, you do realize he was using sarcasm right? God, I think we've found someone worse than me here.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
i never said it was anyone elses fault, and the way WWE has pushed Cena i think i'm aloud to say its his fault.

The way WWE has pushed Danielson I think I'm allowed to say its his fault.

Cork, you do realize he was using sarcasm right? God, I think we've found someone worse than me here.

So was I, but thanks for the pointer.

Deuce

Reaction score
Why post it then? Why waste your time by posting something pointless? I know I'm not the smartest poster here (not even close) but at least I put some thought into my posts...

Warren Static

Reaction score
He doesn't get that much of a reaction as a Face, so a Heel turn would be great for him. I can see him being a great heel and having some great feuds as a Heel, plus more reactions = more ratings. I should have put boost the ratings not sky rocket.

It's probably because mainstream people don't give a shit about him. The reason Punk was so successful is because he has a personality, Bryan doesn't really. The whole I'm going too kick your face in thing he had going on in NXT was good, however he just lost it. He could have went the same path of Chris Benoit, but let's face it, it's not like Benoit was entertaining enough for mainstream audiences anyways. Sure Bryan can wrestle, but do you honestly think that casual fans care that Daniel Bryan can out wrestle someone for 60 minutes? I think not. Save that stuff for ROH, that's why if ROH stays how it is now, it will never get big, and that's how it should be.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The way WWE has pushed Danielson I think I'm allowed to say its his fault.
In your opinion then how much have they pushed him, because as far as I can tell he hasn't had that much of a push where he is literally the focal point of every show and such.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
hes barley been pushed bro. What did he do before winning MITB, jobbing after winning MITB they gave him a losing streak and we all knew he was not gonna cash in @ wm so they gave him the title.

Vivido

Reaction score
I'm not gonna say Byran has had a huge push until he beats Big Show or Mark Henry clean.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well, when ratings are bad and Cena is champ, its his fault and everyone calls for him to stop hogging main events.

When ratings are bad and IWC golden boy Punk and Danielson are champs, its someone elses fault.
I've never seen a single person say the ratings are low because Cena is champ. There is a lot of bitching about when he is champ whether it be they don't like his matches, his promos, want others to get pushed, etc. But the show rating is not in the top 10 of things at least that people bitch about when it comes to Cena so idk where you got that from.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'm not gonna say Byran has had a huge push until he beats Big Show or Mark Henry clean.

I'm agreeing with this post here.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I just thought I'd add this, another thing I hate about RAW and one of the current champions is Zack Ryder. The guys in-ring ability isn't even half great and he overacts his segments and such, also oversells. I think someone else should deserve the US Championship over him.

Save the corny overacting shit for your repetitive YouTube show, Ryder.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I enjoyed Ryder's TLIS to start with then after a while I kind of got sick of it, he's really over with the crowd but since he's US Champion I felt he shouldn't have had that Championship.

Really hoping Swagger can take it off him, it'd add credibility for Vickie if Swagger wins and Ziggler ends up winning the WWE title down the point and that's what should happen.

Aniking

Reaction score
I like Zack Ryder and all, and a part of me really wanted him to become United States Champion, but sometimes I just can't bare to watch him. As Hatred said, he oversells and overeacts in his segments, but even then that's definitely two things that shouldn't have gotten him to the position he used to be in. It could have been too early to give him the United States Championship, something I think the WWE will realise in the coming months and will act appropriately.

My guess is Ryder will still be US Champ past Wrestlemania, but not too far. Maybe sometime in April or May he will lose it, hopefully to Swagger. That guy has the look, is great in the ring, and has decent mic skills, but he's booked to look so weak. Imagine Dolph Ziggler as WWE Champion and Jack Swagger as United States Champion, both of them still alongside Vickie. That would make Vickie look like a very credible manager as her credibility has dipped ever since her split with Edge.