WWE RAW 27th August 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Not as epic as I wanted it to be...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Cena felt like being lazy lol. I liked the aftermath though the match itself I knew it wasn't gonna be any good.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Shitty show.

Started off real well with CM Punk burying King and just went downhill from there. The Kane anger management was fun, the rest was fucking terrible.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This show is a D grade to me.

Punk beating up a feeble old man does it's job, but other than that, it doesn't really do anything. It's not like we were lead to believe that Cena and Lawler had a JR/Stone Cold type of friendship outside of the ring, so Cena wanting vengence for this just looks like meddling from him.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
RAW needed more Anger Management. Please give us at least an hour of that next week!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't know what to say other than I wish I was getting smashed during that shit storm.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Really poor show. Too many comedy segments, it was like they were trying to make it into a variety show. The matches didn't last long enough, they all ended before they could get out of first gear. Not enough storyline progression and not enough matches announced for Night of Champions.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Opening seg was awesome, anger mangement was great and the aftermath to the cage was great. That's about it though. I already knew 3 hour Raw's weren't gonna work the way people thought they were so that's why I'm not all up and arms about lack of match time cause it was obvious they weren't gonna use it for more in ring time due to it now being the same length as a PPV now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Appearing as Harold in the anger management class vignettes with Daniel Bryan and Kane was California independent standout Scorpio Sky, who recently worked as Mason Andrews in TNA.

TNA has been interested in signing Sky but he hasn't signed as there was WWE interest in him. He worked a WWE tryout last week in Los Angeles.
The vignettes were filmed last week in LA as well and will continue for at least one to two more weeks on Raw.

Nice appearance from him and he must be the only guy other than Christian to appear on Impact and RAW this year. Hopefully he can get a deal with either WWE or TNA in the near future, seems like he is holding out for WWE which isn't a bad idea.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
After slightly redeeming itself last week raw is back in the crapper now.

Horrible show where almost nothing happened and like Troy said they seem to forget that they had a ppv in three weeks to promote.

Only highlights for me were Punk's opening promo, anger management (althrough Kane actually stole that one, and there have been better involving DB) and I didn't mind the Vickie/AJ segment as long as it leads somewhere as those two could have a good feud, AJ needs to get back in the ring.

Great posting guys much more entertaining than the actual show. lol.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I missed the opening segment cause I was watching Regular Show. Freakin awesome cartoon :D

But I did enjoy the Aj/Vickie segment. I also enjoyed the Anger Management segment with Kane... although I thought Kane was the one that burned the parents, not Taker. And hearing Kane bring up Katie Vick I was like... WHAT!

But other than those two, the show was a downer.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Kane retelling his history was the highlight of the night, I am also pretty sure it was Taker who burned his parents, while Kane was in the basement(hence why he wore the mask, he was supposed to be horribly burnt).

I actually watched Raw twice last night, because I was flipping between Hotel Hell & Hell's Kitchen durring the first time. Swagger & Ryback although they did have some serious botches, looked better than HHH/Lesnar at Summerslam, and thats really the only match I can put a possitive comment on.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I missed that match cause of King of the Hill... but now I'm curious about the whole Taker/Kane/burning parents thing.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Just watched it. The first thing that comes to mind is...

RAAAAAARGH!!! Another Cena vs Punk main event?! Really?! For the twenty somethingeth time?! There is an
entire locker room that will put on a better show than...Braaaargh!!! I watch this show because I want to be
entertained, god dammit and there is nothing, NOTHING entertaining about watching the same damn match
over and over and over again.

Now with that out of the way, I really hope Trips has one more match before he retires, not because he's still
got it (he doesn't) but because I don't think Lesnar has done anything worth being the one to put him away.
Orton vs Trips or Punk vs Trips would have been understandable, but Lesnar? He sucked in the UFC and he's
just okay in the WWE. Trips shouldn't go out on someone who's "just okay".

The Miz put on a great match as always, until the end...you know, John "I will never sell my matches" Cena
does it again. He really wouldn't be that bad if after a tough match, he acted like he had a tough match.

The Divas match was good. Natalya was great which is par for the course with her, and as far as Layla goes,
anyone who loops her in with the likes of Kelly, Fox, Eve and whoever else they still have in the division
(I've seen that happen frequently) should take another look at this one. On the other hand, maybe my
standards have dropped a bit with the Divas after seeing boring botch fests week after week, and find myself
approve of the mediocre just because it's better than the usual.

Speaking of botch fests, I hope Swagger at least complained to management to get Ryberg pulled. He is going
to hurt somebody and I don't mean kayfabe. If I was Swagger I would have gone as far as to threaten quitting if they
ever even considered putting me in the ring with him again.

I actually watched the whole show this time (I usually skip over these kinds of segments). The thing with
Bryan and Kane was terrific! Speaking of Kane, he should win a slammy for announcer of the year! That was
hands down THE most entertaining and informative commentating I have EVER heard!

The Punk vs Lawler cage match? I liked it. I like everything that involves Jerry Lawler getting beat up.
Except Wrestlemania. The only thing better than Lawler getting beat up is Michael Cole getting beat up.

*replays Bryan tie choking Cole again* Ha ha ha!!! I just wanted an excuse to replay that.

I still can't get over how good C.M. Punk is at selling his matches, he took on someone as over the hill as
Jerry Lawler and still managed to make him look like a million bucks. Proof that the WWE finally has
someone that they can call "The Best In The World!!!"

Last edited: