WWE RAW 27th August 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
20120819_LIGHT_raw_preview_HHH_loss_C-homepage.jpg

As summer winds down, WWE finds itself facing more questions than ever before. What, exactly, is WWE Champion CM Punk planning next following his controversial attack of Jerry “The King†Lawler last Monday on Raw? Will he, in fact, take up on John Cena’s offer for a title match at Night of Champions in Cena’s hometown of Boston? And what will Triple H have to say when the vanquished King of Kings makes his first public appearance since losing to Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam? Here are five things to watch out for on this week’s Raw.

Long live the king?

20120820_raw_hbk.jpg

One week after Brock Lesnar unceremoniously announced he was leaving WWE via Tout, his now-injured SummerSlam opponent, Triple H, is set to return to Raw to give the WWE Universe an address of his own. Speculation about whether it’s truly “Game Over†for Triple H has been running rampant for the past week, and it seems like every Superstar except Triple H himself has weighed in on the state of the COO’s in-ring career. Expect The Game — re-broken arm and all — to set the record straight.

What's next for Ziggler?

20120820_raw_ziggler_jericho.jpg

True, Chris Jericho won the “big one†at SummerSlam by defeating Ziggler, but The Showoff won the BIGGER one last week when he sent Y2J packing in a Contract vs. Contract Match that put Jericho’s WWE contract up against Ziggler’s Money in the Bank contract. With the biggest thorn in his side out of the picture, the world is Ziggler’s oyster at this point. Who will Mr. Money in the Bank challenge next as he prepares to cash in his contract for a World Title opportunity?

Give a moment or two to the angry young man

20120820_raw_tg_match.jpg

Man, we can’t wait to see how this plays out. Raw General Manager AJ Lee has mandated that the apoplectic Daniel Bryan attend anger management classes following yet another outburst last week on Raw. The irritable submission technician’s treatment is slated to begin this week. The real question here is, while D-Bry is off learning meditation techniques and secret Inuit safe words to curb his rage, what will Kane do without his current enemy of choice? The Devil’s Favorite Demon isn’t done with Bryan by a long shot, and we’re pretty sure he doesn’t take kindly to pacifism. This should be a good one.

Schemin' Eve

20120820_raw_diva_match.jpg

Something sinister is brewing in Eve’s mind following her upset loss to Kaitlyn in the Divas Battle Royal last week that saw the former WWE NXT stalwart claim the No. 1 contender’s spot for Layla’s Divas Championship. Though Eve gave an ominous, ostensible display of sportsmanship to both women on SmackDown, raising both Layla and Kaitlyn’s hands following a Divas Match, we’re pretty sure she’s got an ulterior motive at play here. But what is it?

Do ya feel lucky, Punk?

20120820_raw_cena_punk_promo.jpg

WWE Champion CM Punk seemed to reach his breaking point last week when both John Cena and Jerry Lawler refused to acknowledge him as The Best in the World, kicking “The King†in the head from behind after Cena laid down a potential challenge for Punk’s title at Night of Champions. With The Second City Saint growing more disgruntled by the day, and with the power to name his own No. 1 contender, will he take Cena up on his offer? And who else will be asked to pay respect or pay the price when Raw reconvenes? Find out this Monday at 8/7 CT.

Join the discussion with fellow WS members as RAW happens, tonight!​

AF.

Reaction score
Seems like there isn't much going for RAW at the moment. Need more feuds like the Jericho/Ziggler one to keep RAW ticking over IMO.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ I agree but overall I did enjoy last weeks raw and it seems like SD is starting to go down hill again so I might give this a shot.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There are so few actual storylines happening at the moment which is crazy since they have three hours to fill each week.

Cena will get the title match and he and Punk will talk about it for fifteen minutes. Ziggler really needs to find a new opponent and I struggle to think of who he can actually feud with, there aren't too many big names that are free. Bryan attending anger management classes is probably going to be a segment that drags on too long, hopefully Bryan will be able to make it entertaining but I doubt it. HHH will talk for a long time and say that he is done only for him to come out of retirement in a couple of months to set up something big at WM. Hope to see some more progression for the tag team division this week, they had the big brawl on Smackdown involving all active teams but it now needs to lead somewhere.

Feeling pretty negative about RAW this week which is never good. Won't be online for the show anyway.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'll be online but for once I have low expectations of the show, didn't enjoy last week's as much so... hoping to see something here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Surely with a three hour show they should be able to produce some memorable moments. The trouble is how much other crap there is that fans have to sit through to see the good stuff. I just want more storylines for the midcard so that there is something to get me interested in some of the midcarders. Give them a reason for turning up each week rather than giving them random matches.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Unfortunately, I don't have cable so I won't be able to watch it with the rest of you, posting between segments and all :(,
but I will see it on Youtube tomorrow, and give my commentary then.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Are you not able to stream it?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Won't be able to watch it live tonight, but I'll record it and hopefully get to it by tomorrow. Not really expecting too much from this show myself.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Just type Big Events and WWE Raw into Google.

I'll be on for this just need to catch up with SD! at the moment.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
BigEvents.TV | :D

Should do you fine providing you've got the internet connection to handle it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
There is a Steel Cage above the ring at tonight's RAW & Brodus Clay' disco ball.

Wonder if the steel cage will be dark match?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'm hoping it's a Steel Cage on RAW and not a dark main event.

Been a while since we've had a Steel Cage match and I always enjoy them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There was one at NWO, not exactly long ago.