WWE RAW 23rd January 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think it looks more like it's just another day at the job for him.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
:lmao He's just waiting for it acting completely normal with no struggle or fear. :fp:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Is taking a knee to your face from Punk much different from kissing Mr. McMahons ass?

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Ryder must be in the dog house big time or must've suffered a legit injury to have the crap beaten out of him like that thats gotta been the most brutal beating Kane has given someone ever.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
That's what I was thinking, and it's going to put him out for quite some time and he is most likely going to miss out on the 2 biggest pay days of the year which is Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, as much as I'm not a fan of the guy, it must really suck for him considering he worked his ass off to get to where he is.

All that comes to my mind for me is, there's the;
Dog house
Fucked up with the wellness policy (highly unlikely)
WWE aren't a fan of him and his current gimmick where they'll eventually return him with a revamped gimmick and what not

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Or they realised there was too much over exposure with him being on there every 5 minutes and decided to keep him off for a bit so he doesn't get X-Pac heat.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I guess so but why would they want to take him out for that long?

Aniking

Reaction score
So first of all I didn't mind Raw. Thought it was decent, like they usually tend to be. Decided I would use this post for highlighting various things members had to say while Raw was on. What can be concluded is there are toooooooo many from the one person. Here are my findings:

And will SD possibly set an Orton vs Barret match at the RR? If they do, the odds on favorites to win the RR would be Cody or Sheamus.

And again we see Chad throwing Rhodes' name around. I think the majority of us could agree that we'd love to see Rhodes win, but he is DEFINITELY NOT a favourite to win. Time to stop letting your love for Rhodes cloud your judgement.

Hurry up Ziggler. This promo isn't even that good.

Are you a fucking blueberry? Seriously you say this every week. He's been speaking for litterally 2 minutes.

Prodigy - Respect members here in WS.

I will respect you but quit with the stupid comments, you never give the promos chance and never ever explain why they're boring...

LOL, really? I think the bridge of respect was burnt years ago in this case...

Where's Jerry Springer to Guest Host this opening segment?

Thankfully he's nowhere fucking near a segment that has absolutely nothing to do with the problems of inbred, racist lunatics.

Cena's dead meat. Way to be PG here lol

Dead meat is beyond PG? What lol

It'd be funny seeing a kid run around saying to people, YOU'RE DEAD MEAT! Quite a good line to use.

It's just you Andrew.

BREAKING NEWS - The term "Dead meat" has been reported as being considered on par to being classed alongside 'fuck', 'shit', and many more words that have no home in the PG world. How about that.

And no, that's not funny.

Punk wearing shorts like it's 2004.

You say that when he's in the ring with Cena??

CM took his shorts off during the break.

Game, Set, Match - John McHenry.

I swear he's [Jericho] slowly turning into a modern day Eugene.

Now all we need's Bischoff and we'll live happily ever after!

Ryder claiming he has to wrestle. He has pride.

And no other Face would do the same?

Eve has some bangin tits.

:Drool:

Kane just fucking killed him!

Sure did.

It's a shame Ryder is gonna be off TV for a while...

Not a while, but forever. Apparently Ryder's dead.

William Regal on commentary, awesome. This guy is a great wrestler, great on the mic and a great commentator. He deserves a title shot, people respect him and love the guy.

In-ring career just about done and dusted? You deserve a title shot!

Regal/Clay feud would be awesome to see. It'd give them both something

Sooooo that's why it'd be awesome? Seriously, think about that.

Ryder has a broken back, no Ryder on TV for a long time.

For a long time? He died remember.

Might do this every time. It amuses me :piper:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
So first of all I didn't mind Raw. Thought it was decent, like they usually tend to be. Decided I would use this post for highlighting various things members had to say while Raw was on. What can be concluded is there are toooooooo many from the one person. Here are my findings:

In-ring career just about done and dusted? You deserve a title shot!

Yes, his in-ring career is just about done and dusted but the guy still has what it takes to be in a feud and deserves it by being in the biz for so long and doing what's right for the business helping out younger guys and what not. Give him a feud with one of the major titles but he doesn't have to win it, just let him have one last run. Or even the US Championship or IC Championship.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Looked like a good show.

Very happy that they had a match to determine the number one entrant in the Royal Rumble match next week. It adds to the hype for the Rumble when something like this occurs early and they make a big deal about how hard it is to win from number one.

Ziggler continues to look awesome on RAW and he is ready to win the title this year. Hope this Punk/Ziggler continues on past the Rumble.

Shame for Ryder that he will miss the Rumble, hopefully WWE have some good plans for him when they bring him back.

With Kane I hope that Cena doesn't win easily at the Rumble, he has been built up to be a monster again and they can't finish it so soon.

Jericho doing the Highlight Reel was genius. Again many would have expected him to talk, why else would they do the Highlight Reel, but again Jericho barely talked and came out with just one line.

Aniking

Reaction score
Yes, his in-ring career is just about done and dusted but the guy still has what it takes to be in a feud and deserves it by being in the biz for so long and doing what's right for the business helping out younger guys and what not. Give him a feud with one of the major titles but he doesn't have to win it, just let him have one last run. Or even the US Championship or IC Championship.

Does he still have what it takes to be in a feud? Definitely.

Does he deserve a feud for being in the business for so long? Definitely.

Should it be to give a young guy a rub? Definitely, that way the young guy goes over when he beats Regal.

The way you wrote it gave me the idea you'd like him to have a title shot fullstop. If he was to be involved in a feud like Booker was with Rhodes, then I'd be all for that. Regal being given a title shot and not be involved in a feud to put someone over shouldn't happen, and that's how I read the part I bolded. Turns out to be a little misunderstanding.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
What Happened After Raw Went Off-Air - WWE Title match, separate show-closing angle
After Raw went off the air, WWE champion C.M. Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and John Laurinaitis remained in the ring. Laurinaitis made a WWE Championship match between Punk and Ziggler.

Dark Match: WWE champion C.M. Punk beat Dolph Ziggler to retain the WWE Title. The match was good and had its fair share of nearfalls for both men. Punk eventually hit the GTS to put Ziggler away.

During Punk's celebration, Kane's entrance hit, the lights went red, and Kane made his way down the ramp. Halfway down the ramp, Kane was attacked by John Cena, who rushed him from behind. Both men made their way to the ring, exchanged a few blows, and Cena hit Kane with the Attitude Adjustment. Kane quickly exited the ring, words were exchanged between the two men, and the show wrapped with Cena celebrating in the ring.

Overall, the show was really good live and the Phoenix live crowd really enjoyed Raw. Half of the arena was split between Cena fans and non-Cena fans.

Was a good ep of RAW.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I hope Cena doesn't win the match full stop but I don't like the fact that Kane left the ring the moment Cena showed up I thought that was wrong but I guess in the end Kane has had the ball in his court the entire feud its time for the Underdog to pick up a win.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Although I loved every bit of the Ryder/Kane ending and the aftermath, Cena's convulsion thing into the camera was ridiculous.

I mean seriously

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
And again we see Chad throwing Rhodes' name around. I think the majority of us could agree that we'd love to see Rhodes win, but he is DEFINITELY NOT a favourite to win. Time to stop letting your love for Rhodes cloud your judgement.

I have to disagree. I think Cody has to be on par with Barrett and Sheamus as a favourite to win (all behind Jericho of course).