WWE RAW 22nd July 2013 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
300px-WWE_RAW_logo.svg.png

20130718_Light_RAW-Preview_BrockPunk_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Awakening the beast within Punk?
At Money In The Bank Paul Heyman turned on Punk and brutalised him with ladder shots costing him the All-Stars MITB match. Then the next night on RAW things got even worse for Punk when one of Paul Heyman's guys, Brock Lesnar, came out and destroyed him. Lesnar throw Punk around like he was a rag doll and left him laying battered and bruised. How does Punk come back from this betrayal and these beatings? Do you think that a SummerSlam match between the two will be announced on RAW tonight and if so will it be a gimmick match?

RAW_1051_Photo_240-1

Cena Says YES!
John Cena was given the opportunity, by current RAW GM Brad Maddox, to select his opponent for his WWE title match at SummerSlam. In the end Cena allowed the fans to chose and they clearly choose Daniel Bryan as the man that they wanted to see challenge Cena for the title. It continues the phenomenal way of popularity that Bryan has been riding and at SummerSlam he gets his big chance. Does Bryan have what it takes to defeat Cena and does Bryan remain face throughout this feud?

Big Show Returns
The Giant is back on RAW after a couple of months on the sidelines to rehab an injury. Before he left he had been in a feud with current WWE MITB briefcase holder Randy Orton and had lost an Extreme Rules match to Orton at Extreme Rules PPV. Who does Big Show target now that he is back and fully healed?

Trios Galore
The Shield have made a bad man angry in Mark Henry. They attacked the wrong man and now he wants to induct them into his Hall of Pain. He isn't alone though and is siding with The Uso's potentially setting up a six man tag at SummerSlam. Don't forget the other trio on RAW though, and no I am not talking about 3MB, the Wyatt Family have run riot since debuting taking out Kane, R-Truth, Justin Gabriel and 3MB. Who is next on the radar for the group? Will Kane return soon and get revenge on the group?

Tune in for all that plus a lot more on RAW tonight. Join in the LIVE discussion as always, the more the merrier.​

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE RAW 22nd July 2013 LIVE Discussion

1. Has Brock Lesnar awakened the beast within CM Punk?
CM Punk is undergoing tough times. He’s without his coveted WWE Championship, his trust in Paul Heyman has been ripped to shreds and now his body has been battered by Heyman’s monstrous client, Brock Lesnar.

But could Lesnar’s assault backfire for the Heyman camp? Could it actually motivate, rather than intimidate, the man who built his career on fighting through adversity and challenge? Chances are Punk has something up his straight-edge sleeve for this week’s Raw.

2. Big Show returns!
Ever since losing a match to Chris Jericho in May, The World’s Largest Athlete has been absent from TV, except for his participation on the WWE Payback and Money in the Bank Kickoff panels. During an exclusive interview in June, the angry giant revealed: "I'll take time off any time I want to, for as long as I want to!†Will the 441-pounder reveal who or what he’s after when he returns this Monday on Raw?

3. Is the Hall of Pain poised to induct three new members?
Last week, The Shield added Mark Henry to its list of massive Superstars the group has decimated with its signature Triple Powerbomb. The assault left The World’s Strongest Man down for the count. But Henry is certainly not one to back down from a fight. Could The Shield have bitten off more than they can chew with this latest assault of one of WWE’s most dangerous and unpredictable Superstars? Something says they better watch their collective backs.

4. Is GM Brad Maddox capable of running Raw?
He’s young and inexperienced … and he’s in charge of the longest running weekly episodic television show in history. Brad Maddox was put in power by none other than Mr. McMahon himself. Last week’s Raw was the first under Maddox’s reign, and the exciting night still has the WWE Universe talking. It remains to be seen if the young man has what it takes to truly lead. What do you think?

5. Who will The Wyatts target next?
First it was Kane and R-Truth on Raw, then it was Justin Gabriel and 3MB on WWE Main Event who were brutally attacked by The Wyatt Family. After weeks of hints about when they would officially debut in WWE, the group came out swinging. Now, it’s clear no one is safe from their twisted agenda. But so far, the ragged trio has only offered cryptic clues as to what it’s all about, and especially why Kane was targeted first. Will we learn more about what makes them tick on this week’s Raw?
DISCUSS

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sorry [MENTION=547]Dale[/MENTION] I beat you by three minutes :p

As always I am looking for WWE to build towards the next PPV, this time SummerSlam. I want them to announce at least one more match tonight to give them an entire month to push the match. I can see them adding Lesnar vs. Punk to the PPV card tonight and I see them going for a Last Man Standing style match. Allows Lesnar to beat the crap out of Punk but Punk can also show how tough he is by continuing to get up.

Looking forward to more build for the tag team champions and challengers this time with Henry in the mix as well. Six man tag should occur at SS and it should be a good match.

With Show I have no clue who he will go after next. Could try to get the MITB briefcase from Orton since they were feuding before he left. Then again he could really go after anyone, they may put him back in the World title scene again.

I don't think that Kane returns tonight but I hope he is back before SummerSlam, setting up a PPV match against one of the Wyatt Family.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Here's hoping that the storyline between The Wyatt Family and Kane goes somewhere tonight, and not another jobber ambush with the announcers being like 'Oh where's Kane! By gawd he's been missing for a whole two weeks!' But I can't complain too much because they're honestly the best thing to happen on RAW since The Shield first came around (I'm seeing a trend here.)

Also I doubt Lesnar will be in tonight, but I can't wait to see another segment with Punk and Heyman together, and maybe we can see what kind of match Lesnar and Punk will have at SS. It should be stellar, to say the least. Here's hoping that RVD will have another awesome match on RAW tonight, maybe even having one against Randy Orton, who also has a great match last week. I mean if Maddox wants to look like a true GM, then they should have him book it. Please?

What I'm NOT looking forward to is the whole Aj/Ziggler/Big E love triangle bullshit. Oh and anything having to do Del Rio minus Ricardo (please come back soon!)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What I'm NOT looking forward to is the whole Aj/Ziggler/Big E love triangle bullshit. Oh and anything having to do Del Rio minus Ricardo (please come back soon!)

I don't mind the love triangle, I would rather they play it out rather than dropping it immediately. Finish it off at SummerSlam with a match between the two. There seems to be a trend with Del Rio, whenever he wins that title the interest in that title diminishes, he just hasn't been able to draw in the majority of fans.

Will be good seeing RVD again, was great that he was given a 20 minute mainevent last week. Can't see it happening again but still even a ten minute match would be nice.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ The triangle needs to end soon for everyone's sake, its dragging AJ down too as she should be focused on keeping the women's division afloat.

A feud with Kane seems a good way to start the Wyatt's off.

Loved the Heyman/Punk/Lesnar segment from last week, but agree that Heyman and Punk can carry a lot of the TV stuff from now until the PPV.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It needs an end though, I don't want to see another angle finish without a clearly defined ending. I don't mind if they end it on RAW or Smackdown and not PPV but give it a proper send off. AJ is suffering because there are no other divas for her to feud with that are near her level both character wise and in ring wise. That is why it would be nice if Paige shows up on the main roster soon.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I was gonna say that Punk looked too small for Brock, but then I glanced at the Bryan/Cena picture. Damn!

Dash

Reaction score
Hoping for some more build for the Sandow/Cody feud other than Cody attacking Damien. Would like to see Cody get a good match this RAW and hopefully go over yet again. After the reaction he got on RAW last week, WWE really need to take advantage of this opportunity to elevate Cody's career to give him the opportunities that he's never really had.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Hoping for some more build for the Sandow/Cody feud other than Cody attacking Damien. Would like to see Cody get a good match this RAW and hopefully go over yet again. After the reaction he got on RAW last week, WWE really need to take advantage of this opportunity to elevate Cody's career to give him the opportunities that he's never really had.

Exactly, and plus he looked strong on SD when he beat the hell outta Sandow. The only thing that would make things right is to announce a SummerSlam Match tonight. and then have a contract signing a few weeks down the line.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I have higher hopes for this Raw I still consider the majority of last week a disappointment. Now we should actually have in ring action thats a build instead of randomly thrown together crap.

Also while the big matches are quiet nice and do have some good build I find myself wanting to have more story for the mid card matches, and I just don't think I'll really get that.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Looking forward to the show tonight, if it's anything like last week's then we're in for a treat.

Doubt Lesnar will be appearing tonight but Heyman and Punk alone should be able to develop this storyline even more.

Also looking forward to seeing where they go with Cena and Bryan heading into SummerSlam. I don't think Cena's promo last week really gave us an indication of what their storyline will be about, one minute he was downplaying the 'Yes' chants and the next he announced him as his opponent.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Looking forward to the show tonight, if it's anything like last week's then we're in for a treat.

Doubt Lesnar will be appearing tonight but Heyman and Punk alone should be able to develop this storyline even more.

Also looking forward to seeing where they go with Cena and Bryan heading into SummerSlam. I don't think Cena's promo last week really gave us an indication of what their storyline will be about, one minute he was downplaying the 'Yes' chants and the next he announced him as his opponent.

Really hope the Bellas stay out of it but we all know that's not happening.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Should be a good RAW, am on for it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Really looking forward to a Show squash, hopefully he's still got the beard.