WWE Raw 20th Anniversary Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Proof that you shouldn't believe everything the interwebz reports. I remember reports of WWE wanting to get loads of former talent on board, and all people got last night was Ric Flair, and Jamie Noble & Finlay breaking up a fight.

-CM-

Reaction score
No HBK no SCSA... Average show really. Rock was pretty funny.

The Viper

Reaction score
I laughed really hard (like really hard because it was out of nowhere) when Rock said "no beotch, you look horrible tonight...". One of the best things he's said since he came back in '11.

Other than that, pretty average show. A really bad anniversary show. I'd like to think a 20th Anniversary show is much more important than a 1000th episode of Monday Night Raw but that's probably just me.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think that because they were so close together in time that they layed off overdosing us with guest stars plus they wanted time for some of the matches...the finish sucked but the main event was pretty long for Raw

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I actually have to admit nothing was really wasted last night. Every segment had a meaning. We didn't have to see Khali, Hornswoggle, and Natalya.

Anyway here's the reason for Stone Cold and HBK no showing.

- Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels revealed on Twitter that they did not attend last night's RAW 20th anniversary show because they were at the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT) convention in Las Vegas. Austin tweeted:

"Hitting the hay in Las Vegas. Hope RAW was a fun show. I was already booked here at the Shot Show in Vegas, as I am every year. #hunting"

Michaels was also previously booked for the convention. He ruled out an appearance at tonight's SmackDown tapings in San Antonio also.

Well I'm not sure how that's more important than raw 20 but whatever.

The Viper

Reaction score
I thought I saw Austin walking around the strip yesterday....

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I actually have to admit nothing was really wasted last night. Every segment had a meaning. We didn't have to see Khali, Hornswoggle, and Natalya.

Anyway here's the reason for Stone Cold and HBK no showing.

Well I'm not sure how that's more important than raw 20 but whatever.

A booking is a contract....you don't break contracts period. Don't be such a kid.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I thought the show wasn't so bad.

Main event was solid, so was the Divas title match, and Orton vs Barrett. I also enjoyed the Miz TV segment, Punk's promo, and The Rock Concert.

Did anyone else notice the reaction from Ambrose when Ryback's music hit? I thought it was priceles.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm fine with them not being there anyway. We just had all that stuff for Raw 1000, video packages were good enough really. Plus they got to focus on the current stars. I really enjoyed the show, watched on Youtube a little while ago. John Cena was the MVP. That's right. Great match, really enjoyed his interview naming off legends and then Braden Walker and such, and he made a Beastie Boys reference during his entrance! "Get ready cause this ain't funny, my name's Johnny C and I'm about to make money" I marked for that.

Kaitlyn's title win was great, one hell of a spear and I'm just glad she got the belt. Rock Concert wasn't bad, loved seeing them brawl because it felt like they really wanted a piece of each other! It was great seeing Rock and Foley together again, "You Rock Bottomed me last year" "Nobody remembers that!" :lol:
Hoping Foley stays involved in this angle with The Shield, I like Ryback, Orton and Sheamus going against them. Alone they're all alright too, Orton doesn't give a fuck, Sheamus was just a boring champion and I hated Ryback's win streak garbage because those are pointless. I'm starting to not mind Ryback honestly, he gets a reaction and he brings intensity. His promos though... uhh.. well, they're something.