WWE RAW 1st October 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It was fantastic, Sandow's best WWE match so far as he really got to show what he could do. He has so much talent and could be one of the top WWE stars in the near future.

It was such an intense match. I think Sandow could easily headline Mania within a year or 2.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was a good RAW in the end. Sandow/Sheamus was a fantastic match and it really helped make Sandow look like a star. Ryback and Punk having another little staredown was good to continue hinting at a feud. The finish was obviously great and I am glad that the tag team champions are looking like stars yet again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It was such an intense match. I think Sandow could easily headline Mania within a year or 2.

I will be shocked if he doesn't hold a world title within the next twelve months, he has the whole package and WWE are pushing him accordingly.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
CM Punk and Jim Ross having their promo now. So far I'm enjoying it. But the whole respect thing from Punk is getting repetitive. Jim Ross just said an awesome! Crowd getting behind him. I'm really enjoying this segment.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I will be shocked if he doesn't hold a world title within the next twelve months, he has the whole package and WWE are pushing him accordingly.

Right now, I'd like to see him and Rhodes hold the tag belts and bring the belts some glory.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Right now, I'd like to see him and Rhodes hold the tag belts and bring the belts some glory.

I agree, keep them as a team for a bit longer and then later on split them up and send Sandow right to the top.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Rhodes up there too, which is why teaming with Sandow is perfect for him hopefully.

My God, that JR speech was fucking epic. Punk getting butthurt now. He JUST STOMPED ON THE HAT! What a punk ass! That's a legendary hat! Would be epic if Stone Cold came out right now. Punk is getting a little stale on the mic. Picking a fight with JR, lol. Kind of getting annoying. Someone cut Punk's mic now! Sorry, it's getting really rinse and repeat with him now. Paul is kind of awesome though, with the way he's holding the belt. I may have to turn off my tv now...

Reaction score
Until football is over, I'll be extremely late to these discussions because I'll watch Monday Night Football and than watch RAW after.

I'd love to see more Mysterio and Sin Cara vs Primo and Epico. I just think those two tag-teams complement each other so much. Other than one partial botch from Sin Cara, that was a great match.

I was disappointed that they basically squashed Clay for Cesaro.

I'm waiting for Kane and Bryan to have a match that they're on the same page. It'll be hell on the tag-team division.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
My friend said the ending was boring. The only reason he watches wrestling, and really only Raw is because of Punk. So the thought of Punk losing hurts his butt. :Young: I can say it cause he's a good friend of mine.

Killz

Reaction score
I thought Raw was ok, pretty standard fare. It really shows the lack of depth in the main event though when Cena is off. They NEED to stay the course and continue pushing these tag-teams and pushing guys like Ryback and keep capitalising on the reactions. Don't let potentially low ratings put you off WWE.

I enjoyed the Mysterio/Cara vs Primo/Epico match, their styles gel. I enjoyed seeing Sandow get a decent length match in the A-show. I haven't seen too much of him as I don't really watch Smackdown but he certainly does have it all.

I really liked the main event dynamic. Tag champs standing tall just continues the build the division and Punk had enough spotlight in the show.

AJ looked crazy hot in her ref gear.

Highlight was, once again, Punk vs respected legend segment. Ryback's pop was pretty good and I loved his interaction with JR.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought Raw was ok, pretty standard fare. It really shows the lack of depth in the main event though when Cena is off. They NEED to stay the course and continue pushing these tag-teams and pushing guys like Ryback and keep capitalising on the reactions. Don't let potentially low ratings put you off WWE.

This is one thing that really stands out on the show. I wouldn't be able to tell you what the number two feud is on RAW for the WWE title. There are literally no options other than a few Smackdown stars. They are struggling to cover two world title divisions and their lack of depth is very obvious when Cena is down. People have been saying for a long time that WWE need to create new stars but they never really did and now things are getting a bit desperate.

Killz

Reaction score
This is one thing that really stands out on the show. I wouldn't be able to tell you what the number two feud is on RAW for the WWE title. There are literally no options other than a few Smackdown stars. They are struggling to cover two world title divisions and their lack of depth is very obvious when Cena is down. People have been saying for a long time that WWE need to create new stars but they never really did and now things are getting a bit desperate.

Exactly, you can see it in the show last night. I understand guys who are over like Bryan and Kane are helping with the tag-division and that's fine, I really do want to see an excellent tag division, but cutting guys legs out from beneath them over the years has really hurt them. I'm looking at Kofi Kingston, I'm looking at Ziggler not being handed the strap, I'm looking at the mishandling of guys like Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre. All of those guys COULD be champ now or could at least be contending in some capacity to be in for a future shot. They're forcing Ryback into the situation, almost as if he's the #2 behind Cena for the WWE title, and are relying on Big Show coming out of nowhere to sell a WHC feud. I'm just not buying it.

The time is now, whether you push those guys I mentioned with a rocket strapped to their damn back or start over with the NXT/FCW talent and really get behind some guys. They're struggling now, imagine in a couple of years?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They need to do a rush job and get some guys over as soon as possible whilst also bringing in some new midcarders to fill those gaps as well. Ziggler should have been a maineventer by now, he has been in and around the title scene for close to two years but hasn't been given the title for a decent amount of time yet. WWE just have to bite the bullet and take a shot at Ziggler as champion to see if it works. Rhodes is another that should have been a maineventer by now but has stagnated on Smackdown, I like this team with Sandow but after that both guys need to head towards the mainevent as they are two that should be maineventing WWE for years to come. Kofi is yet another that for whatever reason can't break through that glass ceiling even during a time where WWE are desperate for stars. They need to set him out on his own again and try him at the top to see if he can be one of those guys.

Others like Barrett, Swagger, McIntyre, Cesaro etc are going to be guys that WWE need to try to move from midcard to upper midcard/mainevent in the coming twelve months to fill some massive gaps.

By ignoring the midcard for so long WWE have created situations like this where there are so few guys to spread between two world title divisions and a massive gap underneath that to the midcard champions. They are doing the right thing by fixing the tag team division but next has to be the upper midcard to create some actual challengers for the WWE and World titles.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Heath Slater is another guy they could push, I enjoy his current character and enjoy his ring work. He's proven he's capable on the mic, not championship material yet, but I think a mid card title could be in the near future.