WWE RAW 1st October 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
300px-WWE_RAW_logo.svg.png

20120927_LIGHT_RAW-pre-ryback_R.jpg

Feed Me CM Punk
RAW closed last week with John Cena attacking Punk with a lead pipe, Punk managed to escape and went backstage only to walk into Mick Foley who he had words with earlier in the night. Punk decided to take out his anger on Foley and so he attacked him. Punk then turned to see someone standing behind him staring him down, that man was Ryback. Ryback had easily defeated Intercontinental Champion The Miz in a nontitle match earlier in the night and had decided to confront the WWE Champion. Where does this lead for Punk and Ryback? What was the reason behind Ryback confronting CM Punk? Does this mean he is Punk's next challenger or is he actually working with Punk?

20120926_LIGHT_HIAC_tagtournament_C.jpg

Tag Team Tournament
It was announced on Smackdown that there would be an eight team tag team tournament to determine who faces Team Hell No at HIAC PPV. We should see a qualifying match on the show tonight. Who will progress further in the tournament and what will Kane and Daniel Bryan be up to?

20120924_LIGHT_raw_v_main_C.jpg

Cena Drops a Pipe Bomb
Cena evened the odds against CM Punk on RAW last week by showing up armed with a pipe which he used to attack Punk. Will we see Cena on RAW this week and will Punk be ready this time for whatever Cena has in store?

Tune in for all that and more on RAW tonight. Join in the discussion and discuss the show as it happens with other members in this thread.

AF.

Reaction score
Why did they have Ryback run through Miz? Surely they could have had him run through someone who isn't the Intercontinental champ.

RAW has absolutely nothing going for it so I won't be tuning in.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll be tuning in, looking forward to what they do with Punk/Cena, Friendship, and THE RYBACK.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why did they have Ryback run through Miz? Surely they could have had him run through someone who isn't the Intercontinental champ.

RAW has absolutely nothing going for it so I won't be tuning in.

Beating the IC champ is a much bigger scalp so I can see why they did it. To complete the storyline they really should book them in a title match at HIAC where Ryback can take the title and continue his streak or Miz can get himself DQed, retain the title yet Ryback still continues his streak.

RAW has a few things going for it right now and Chris has listed the main ones. There is still plenty of filler that just doesn't add anything to the show.

AF.

Reaction score
Punk/Cena - mildly interesting
Team Friendship - not feeling it (sorry guys)
Ryback - they might actually be doing something with him other than squashing guys, interesting

That's about all really. With a 3 hour show, that is not enough going on.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True they need to do a lot more with the three hours that they have. They are addressing the Tag team division but need to start some midcard feuds that are actually interesting. Too few midcarders are involved in long term interesting feuds and RAW is suffering because of it.

Wonder what we will see from Dolph Ziggler this week. Hasn't had too much focus since his loss to Orton on PPV so maybe we will see Ziggler split from Vickie. That is something that I have wanted to see for a very long time. It just shows how few stars they have to carry two kind of seperate brands and four singles titles. I couldn't even name the feud beneath the WWE title feud that would set up who faces Punk next.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I believe Cena isn't at RAW tomorrow but Heyman and Punk have said they'd do a promo so.. Interested in tht.

Tag Tournaments = :mark: for [MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION] and I.

I look forward to Ryback, I hope he faces Punk and beats him then have Miz come out after it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Be smart to give Cena a week off as it gives Punk and Heyman something else to complain about, adds more fuel to the fire. Their promos have been fantastic so looking forward to that.

Tag team wrestling getting attention again makes me happy so looking forward to a match or two tonight from the tournament. Hope to see some more pre taped segments from Team Friendship again.

Ryback won't beat the WWE champion clean on RAW, that would be a terrible move. Would devalue the title to have it happen on RAW. Have to keep him away from Punk until Punk at least gets to the one year mark.

I would expect Punk/Heyman to open the show to talk about Ryback/Cena/Foley.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I hate that you guys get to watch Raw an hour before me. What the hell?!

But I expect some good tag matches for that tourney, TeamHellNo will have something interesting I'm sure. Ryback squashing Miz could easily setup for a good feud. Although I'm interested to see what happens from the confrontation from last week.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I heard no Cena on Raw tonight, but wasn't sure if that was confirmed or not. Interesting to see how they build Punk/Cena without Cena there, expecting Punk to open the show for sure and probably have another segment or two like last week throughout the show.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Last I heard they'd not made a decision based on the ratings of last week. Perhaps they should have announced meh Foley would be on. Announce meh Stone Cold or meh Rock and that'll bump the ratings and Cena can stay at home. Meh thinks.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yea he apparently isn't advertised for the show which could be interesting to see a Raw without Cena on it. Part of me still expects that he pulls a Rock though and just be there via satellite

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Think it's ridiculous that WWE is offering money back cause he isn't there. That has occurred for no previous superstar to my knowledge. Card subject to change.

I didn't get money back when Austin Angle or The Rock were injured.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i thinking they might just have a recorded message, but i do like the idea of not having Cena on the show full stop.