WWE RAW 19th March 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE-RAW-LOGO.png

20120316_raw_HHH_HBK_taker_R.jpg

End of an Era
This week The Undertaker, Triple H and Shawn Michaels will be in the same ring at the same time to talk about WrestleMania. What will happen when these three legends get in the ring together? Will things get physical?

20120312_raw_cena_mhenry_L.jpg

Cena and Henry to Collide
So far one match has been confirmed for RAW. John Cena will face off with Mark Henry on this week's show. Who will win and will this match be able to occur without any run-ins?

The Rock has a surprise in store for RAW
On Twitter The Rock wrote , “PHILADELPHIA! Damn good to be here – been too long. I have a little surprise for you on RAW. #EyeOfTheTiger.â€￾ What will The Rock do on RAW this week?

WWE Championship
Last week Jericho came out with the revelation that CM Punk's dad is an alcoholic and Punk reacted like he had just been shot. What is next in line for this feud and will they be given more time to build the WWE title match for WM?

The Miz
Can he make it to WrestleMania? He has been begging for a match these past few weeks, he mainevented WM last year but he can't even make the card this year. Will Johnny Ace concede and give him a spot on the biggest PPV of the year?

WrestleMania XXVIII
WrestleMania is now only two weeks away. Eight matches are on the card so I wouldn't expect anymore to be added. With WM so close RAW should go to the next level for the next two weeks so expect a great show.

Be sure to join in the fun and post in this thread during RAW. Discuss the show live with other WS members.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Really kinda hoping that The Rock and Cena take more of a backseat role this week. Really like the other matches to have some time to shine.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I somewhat feel that Johnny Ace will give him a match on RAW and if he can win he will be added to the team. He'll face Bourne who returns only to job.

The Rock on once again should be interesting, I hope things get psychical between him and Cena.

Jericho/Punk need some sort of main event tag match...

Jericho & Bryan v. Sheamus & Punk could be a nice touch for RAW.

I see this show as being another storyline show, so I wouldn't be wanting too much wrestling. Would like to see Kofi/Truth v. Epico/Primo however.

Vivido

Reaction score
Rock and Cena do need to get phyiscal, but not untill the go home eposide of RAW, 1 years build with very little contact, tease it in the coming weeks, but avoid it untill a massive brawl with every ref and backstage offical trying to keep them apart. That will work.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I somewhat feel that Johnny Ace will give him a match on RAW and if he can win he will be added to the team. He'll face Bourne who returns only to job.

The Rock on once again should be interesting, I hope things get psychical between him and Cena.

I see this show as being another storyline show, so I wouldn't be wanting too much wrestling. Would like to see Kofi/Truth v. Epico/Primo however.

Him being The Miz? Id kinda like to see what they'll do with him not being part of Mania a run in could be more interesting but not in the match he's rumored to be in.

I'd really hate to see Punk and Jericho in a tag match they don't have much story going so far so it'd be better if they had some space to build.

Like I said above really want to see some of the matches taking a back seat to HIAC and Rock Cena to get some more airtime.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Rock and Cena do need to get phyiscal, but not untill the go home eposide of RAW, 1 years build with very little contact, tease it in the coming weeks, but avoid it untill a massive brawl with every ref and backstage offical trying to keep them apart. That will work.

Maybe Cena and most of the Roster on one side and Rock a few legends and a few members of the roster on the other? The little effort it would take for a generations vs generations bragging rights is ridiculous.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Johnny Ace has already given him a match where if he wins he joins the team but he lost.

I agree that it would be nice if Rock/Cena take a back seat to allow the Jericho/Punk feud to get more airtime. Whilst I don't like the new revelations in that storyline I still think that it needs more time since it is for the WWE title.

I hope that Johnny Ace and Teddy announce some more members of their teams this week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Maybe Cena and most of the Roster on one side and Rock a few legends and a few members of the roster on the other? The little effort it would take for a generations vs generations bragging rights is ridiculous.

Holy moses if that actually happens I would be very happy. I want to see an eventual Survivor Series match between the attitude era guys and the new guys and this would be a nice touch to push it in the right direction. The newer guys can hold Cena back whilst guys like HHH, Kane and Mark Henry can be the ones holding Rock back. I can't see them doing it but it would be cool, more likely than not it would just be referees and security holding them apart and it will happen next week.

Vivido

Reaction score

If they are going to go down that path, wait untill after Wrestlemania. The current roster is currently to busy with their own WM committments.

Although Jobbers supporting Cena would be pretty sweet. What a team Cena, Yoshi Tatsu, Drew McIntyre and a few others would be. Also, The Rock, Funaki, Scotty to Hottie and Brooklyn Brawler. I'd pay for that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Holy moses if that actually happens I would be very happy. I want to see an eventual Survivor Series match between the attitude era guys and the new guys and this would be a nice touch to push it in the right direction. The newer guys can hold Cena back whilst guys like HHH, Kane and Mark Henry can be the ones holding Rock back. I can't see them doing it but it would be cool, more likely than not it would just be referees and security holding them apart and it will happen next week.

Yeah I think it's just our pipe dream. I really feel they should start to utilize "the rumors" of what the locker room has been saying right now you have John Cena out their claiming to speak for the fans and the locker room. But on screen you've never actually seen anyone else say it except for Punk like once or twice.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah I think it's just our pipe dream. I really feel they should start to utilize "the rumors" of what the locker room has been saying right now you have John Cena out their claiming to speak for the fans and the locker room. But on screen you've never actually seen anyone else say it except for Punk like once or twice.

As Vivido said above the best time to really push this is after WM. There are quite a few important matches booked for WM and once that is completed then WWE can start to push this generation vs generation feud a bit more.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I cannot wait for RAW, I'll be in here like usual and the Undertaker/HBK/HHH promo makes me tune in alone. Cannot wait for The Rocks' surprise. Wonder what it could possibly be?

This weeks RAW is big and especially tough for the creative team. Writing the episode of RAW that airs a week before the "go home" RAW can be challenging. Due to the longer than normal build for these more prestigious matches, there is more time to fill. All of the big matches for WrestleMania are announced no later than the second week of March so they can be properly promoted and advertised.

Check this:
I was at last years second to last RAW in Pittsburgh. It was the episode where CM Punk was threatening Randy Orton's tour bus and the poor actress who played Orton's wife. Not a good show when that's the highlight of the night. Again, not an automatic sign but I did think WrestleMania 27 was middle of the road. Not the best and not the worst.

I was at the second to last RAW before WrestleMania 17. The RAW took place in Washington D.C.. This was Paul Heyman's first RAW broadcast with Jim Ross replacing Jerry Lawler and Vince McMahon made Trish Stratus bark like a dog in lingerie. I enjoyed it and the went to WrestleMania two weeks later and feel I saw the most complete top to bottom WrestleMania ever.

So, as you're watching RAW tomorrow if it is a good episode does that mean Mania will be good? And if RAW is bad does that mean Mania will be bad?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Rock in Philadelphia? We are so in for a Rocky skit/parody of some kind not really looking forward to that. Interested to see if Punk does anything special or responds to Jericho. Don't expect that much from HBK/HHH/Taker match is already established.

AF.

Reaction score
HHH/HBK/Taker in the ring at once 'talking about the match'? We've had enough talking I think.

Also, would be nice to see Cena and Rock take a backseat just for this RAW.

Lewb

Reaction score
I agree. Enough talking. If this match had never happened before it would be fresh enough, but its all water that has been tread on before and you almost know the comebacks they are coming with.

Can see Punk playing a self-questioning role tonight, selling what Jericho said last week more.

Im still thinking The Miz will demand a match at Mania culminating in a return of a top superstar. What he'll do on Raw, I'm not sure.... job to Ryder?

Definite Rocky skit coming #EyeOfTheTiger. Funnier than Santinos at Elim chamber.... we'll soon see.