WWE RAW 18th March 2013 - HHH Responds To Brock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Franco

Reaction score
I'll be there at Raw next Monday. Unless they decide to hold another Slammy's show next week, the crowd should be ok.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't think the crowd could be any worse than it was this week, next week's crowd should be so much better. At least they get The Rock back next week because you know that he will always get a big reaction.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Just watched it, what an absolute clusterfuck of an episode. The Pancake Patterson thing with the PTP was cringeworthy, did nothing to build up the main-event of 'mania. Then you had Ryback taken out of the 6 man tag match and replaced with Big Show, like we all knew he would be. What was the point of putting him in there in the first place? Just looked like amateurish booking.

Great Khali and Fandango thing was pointless again, Khali is just useless. What on earth was that with Sandow and Truth? A count out, seriously? What's the point of putting the guys into a match on Raw if you have absolutely no idea what to do with them.

HHH vs Lesnar stipulation is a disappointment. Retire? Retire from what exactly? It's not like he's a central part of the roster. Disappointed it wasn't Heyman for GM or giving him some kind of immunity from being fired. No holds barred? Meh. Was always going to be something along those lines.

Only plus points were; a) Punk segment where he generated some good heat despite being left with the urn macguffin to work with b) Swagger's attack on ADR and Ricardo which was nicely worked c) the IC match which I thought was excellent. Hopefully be Barrett vs Miz at WM.

Next week's show really needs to be massively improved.

Reactions: 1 person

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Just watched it, what an absolute clusterfuck of an episode. The Pancake Patterson thing with the PTP was cringeworthy, did nothing to build up the main-event of 'mania. Then you had Ryback taken out of the 6 man tag match and replaced with Big Show, like we all knew he would be. What was the point of putting him in there in the first place? Just looked like amateurish booking.

Great Khali and Fandango thing was pointless again, Khali is just useless. What on earth was that with Sandow and Truth? A count out, seriously? What's the point of putting the guys into a match on Raw if you have absolutely no idea what to do with them.

HHH vs Lesnar stipulation is a disappointment. Retire? Retire from what exactly? It's not like he's a central part of the roster. Disappointed it wasn't Heyman for GM or giving him some kind of immunity from being fired. No holds barred? Meh. Was always going to be something along those lines.

Only plus points were; a) Punk segment where he generated some good heat despite being left with the urn macguffin to work with b) Swagger's attack on ADR and Ricardo which was nicely worked c) the IC match which I thought was excellent. Hopefully be Barrett vs Miz at WM.

Next week's show really needs to be massively improved.

that match was pretty good, but mostly cause of the Jericho/Miz stuff, I'd only be in for Barrett/Miz at WM if Miz gets the strap and then moves on to a feud with Sandow

Reaction score
I can't say I'm looking forward to Mania anymore. We have a champion that doesn't shpw up for weeks, a stipulation added to a match that doesn't make any sense (Brock/Triple H) and a distasteful feud (Punk/Taker) that I strongly dislike at this point.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Really a holding pattern show tonight. Taker could easily bring more interest by "breaking kayfabe" and do some worked shoots on Punk. Talk about his career and why people in the locker room respect him and why noone will ever respect Punk....y'know something along those lines.

And Trips putting his career on the line is fine with me, I don't know what other stipulation, anyone would want. Pretty ultimate in the eyes of casuals. Wrestlemania isn't for us, it's for the other million people who are going to buy this PPV who don't read dirtsheets or discuss wrestling everyday. It's for those people who actually Tout for Raw.

No Holds Barred is an OK gimmick, Trips can show clips of his last No Hold Barred match with HBK and tell Heyman and Brock this is my bestfriend and look what I did to him. Imagine what I'm going to do to you at Mania...so on and so forth.

One segment with Cena? Don't like it, liked Titus tho, give that man more mic time. Could be a giant black version of WCW Jericho.
I already named a stip that would be better which was the control of the company being on the line. Vince has been fucking with Paul ever since he has cameback and of course in reality put Paul out of business so what better way to get the ultimate payback than to take the company away from Vince, HHH and Steph? A retirement match with someone who basically was retired anyways just doesn't make sense no matter if it is IWC fans, casual fans, whatever. It is silly no matter what side of the spectrum you look at it from that the stip is HHH playing with house money basically in the biggest show of the year. Also the notion that only casual fans buy stuff is not true at all and doesn't make sense. The diehard fans who watch every week buying WWE merch and so on and so fourth are the main fans putting money in the company. Good amount of people on this forum have went to WWE shows, bought merch and things of that nature so don't know why it is assumed all fans of wrestling who happen to be on a wrestling forum in the internet age don't spend a dime on WWE related stuff therefore it is okay for WWE to have a stip that doesn't make sense.

SBS

Reaction score
I don't think the crowd could be any worse than it was this week, next week's crowd should be so much better. At least they get The Rock back next week because you know that he will always get a big reaction.

When you put on a lackluster show, that came off as something you'd see in WCW's heyday, of course the crowd reaction wouldn't be very good. As Fallen stated I feel like this Mania is just a mess. The undercard is changing constantly. The Main Event feuds are stale. Minus Swagger and Del Rio, but with Swagger's DUI we all know how that will end. Your main main event, you don't even have the champion on TV. (Another reason I hate the Rock). In the end it just isn't worth it and I can tell you right now I will not be watching Wrestlemania.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I already named a stip that would be better which was the control of the company being on the line. Vince has been fucking with Paul ever since he has cameback and of course in reality put Paul out of business so what better way to get the ultimate payback than to take the company away from Vince, HHH and Steph? A retirement match with someone who basically was retired anyways just doesn't make sense no matter if it is IWC fans, casual fans, whatever. It is silly no matter what side of the spectrum you look at it from that the stip is HHH playing with house money basically in the biggest show of the year. Also the notion that only casual fans buy stuff is not true at all and doesn't make sense. The diehard fans who watch every week buying WWE merch and so on and so fourth are the main fans putting money in the company. Good amount of people on this forum have went to WWE shows, bought merch and things of that nature so don't know why it is assumed all fans of wrestling who happen to be on a wrestling forum in the internet age don't spend a dime on WWE related stuff therefore it is okay for WWE to have a stip that doesn't make sense.

Naming a group of 5 people out 100 in an audience of millions is like saying one needle is worth a bail of hay.

Also, stockholders are stupid, they panicked when Donald Trump was kayfabe owner of Raw, a storyline based on the riunning of the company only worked in 98 with Steve Austin when the company was private, Also, been done before. Why does all solutions around here always have to be something that has alreaady been done?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Naming a group of 5 people out 100 in an audience of millions is like saying one needle is worth a bail of hay.

Also, stockholders are stupid, they panicked when Donald Trump was kayfabe owner of Raw, a storyline based on the riunning of the company only worked in 98 with Steve Austin when the company was private, Also, been done before. Why does all solutions around here always have to be something that has alreaady been done?
Obviously didn't mean oh a few people on this forum pay for stuff and no one else in the IWC. My point was casual fans who do just that watch casually aren't the main fanbase of WWE's let alone the main ones pumping money into the product like you're making it out to be when it is actually the diehard fans whether they happen to be on a wrestling forum or not. And I'm pretty sure the retirement match at mania has been done before not once but twice in the last handful of years so it isn't exactly innovative either so not getting your point on dismissing my idea because it was done before.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Obviously didn't mean oh a few people on this forum pay for stuff and no one else in the IWC. My point was casual fans who do just that watch casually aren't the main fanbase of WWE's let alone the main ones pumping money into the product like you're making it out to be when it is actually the diehard fans whether they happen to be on a wrestling forum or not. And I'm pretty sure the retirement match at mania has been done before not once but twice in the last handful of years so it isn't exactly innovative either so not getting your point on dismissing my idea because it was done before.

WM is a swan song for the biggest names in WWE, ofcourse Triple H would use this for his own Mania moment, like Flair and HBK. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is going to bomb. Also, stockholders.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Never said it would bomb just said it is silly. The stockholder thing I guess is a fair reasoning but thought that worry only happened last time cause it was trump who plausibly could own WWE all things considering.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never said it would bomb just said it is silly. The stockholder thing I guess is a fair reasoning but thought that worry only happened last time cause it was trump who plausibly could own WWE all things considering.

Thr Trump thing was just reeked of people reading headlines and showed just how many people who own shares, don't even watch the product. I'm guessing WWE knows this by now, and don't want to lose a few bucks over a storyline.

Call this either a Triple H ego strokefest, or Brock jobbing, which would make the most sense, seeing as he broke Trips arm twice.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Two reasons the HHH/Brock stipulations are disappointing:

1) Unofficially, Triple H is pretty much retired already. We, the IWC, know this and I think most fans in general have accepted it for some time now. Most of his rare performances over the last couple of years have been themed around how his corporate or family duties have taken over his life anyway. So we know, even in kayfabe, that he's basically moved on from the ring. So how much weight does this stipulation honestly have? Can't he just do the "One Last Match" angle instead? Because what's the alternative, Triple H's official in ring career continues? Or maybe he'll win, turn around and retire on his own terms anyway, in which case what's the point of having this stip in the first place? Makes no sense to me from any angle.

2) No Holds Barred is... Meh. I mean it's good the match will alow for no DQ's which is what this rematch needs. But wasn't their first match more or less the same? Just, you know, unofficially? I don't remember the match too well but I remember it being fairly brutal, and Triple H during the build up saying he didn't want the match stopped no matter what, which was worked into the match. The NHB rule will allow for more, but I fear it's only there so Triple H gets to use the sledgehammer.

The match itself will probably be enjoyable but they need to add something that fundamentally makes this match unique from the first one and Triple H *gasp* having to retire isn't it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
When you put on a lackluster show, that came off as something you'd see in WCW's heyday, of course the crowd reaction wouldn't be very good. As Fallen stated I feel like this Mania is just a mess. The undercard is changing constantly. The Main Event feuds are stale. Minus Swagger and Del Rio, but with Swagger's DUI we all know how that will end. Your main main event, you don't even have the champion on TV. (Another reason I hate the Rock). In the end it just isn't worth it and I can tell you right now I will not be watching Wrestlemania.

They weren't even loud from the start before they knew that it would be a bad show. They didn't even pop that much for entrances which is just weird. Even if it was a bad show they paid money to go there so I don't see why they wouldn't try to have fun and get involved, there weren't even any negative chants going around just nothing.