WWE RAW 18th June 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
no I've seen him do that to Johnny like 3 times. it's boring and did NOT deserve the main event. Cena is just a main event whore. I'm sure he has enough pulling power to say, hey maybe that match should main event RAW or main event the PPV. Not my match for once. Like Bryan v Punk should have main evented at OTL, not John v Ace.
The goal of the main event is getting people to watch the closing and overrun and for ppvs getting them to get what they pay for. People ain't watching Punk v Bryan over Cena, and they damn sure aint paying ticket and ppv prices for him. Cena is who every fan comes to see rather to love him or hate him, but they care about him, and they put money and time into him much deeper than Punk and Bryan who they vocally support but don't stick around to watch. Just is business 101

Stop hating the playa, hate the fact the others can't step up to his level and get in the game like the Batistas and Edges of the world could

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was talking about where the match is on the card, not the result.. :lol:

I know, but he always wins in the main event too. Honestly, if I was in Cena's position, I would just go with what they say. I'm not going to tell them that I don't want to be in the main event and be the focal point every week.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The goal of the main event is getting people to watch and for ppvs getting them to get what they pay for. People ain't watching Punk v Bryan over Cena, and they damn sure aint paying ticket and ppv prices for him. Cena is who every fan comes to see rather to love him or hate him, but they care about him, and they put money and time into him much deeper than Punk and Bryan who they vocally support but don't stick around to watch. Just is business 101

Thats cool and all but then why is Johnny there.

OH SHIT

Logic fault.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I know, but he always wins in the main event too. Honestly, if I was in Cena's position, I would just go with what they say. I'm not going to tell them that I don't want to be in the main event and be the focal point every week.

Why? He's been on top since '05. I'm sure he can share the spotlight and at PPVs the WWE Championship match should always be the main event. I'm sure he can go on the card before the WWE Cship.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thats cool and all but then why is Johnny there.

OH SHIT

Logic fault.

Because for some odd reason, that's the person they had Cena feuding with.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah it isn't like anyone would really want to give up their prime spot and say here book someone else in my position. I can see him wanting others to get up to his level since then everyone will make more money but I really don't see him going out of his way to ask to drop down the card. Plus WWE wouldn't let him since he is by far their biggest draw.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Why? He's been on top since '05. I'm sure he can share the spotlight and at PPVs the WWE Championship match should always be the main event. I'm sure he can go on the card before the WWE Cship.

Yes he could, but put yourself in his position. "Hey, John, you're going to be in the main event tonight alright?" Now what would you say? A. "Alright, what's going down?" or B. "No, I just don't deserve to be there, please put me lower on the show."

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The goal of the main event is getting people to watch the closing and overrun and for ppvs getting them to get what they pay for. People ain't watching Punk v Bryan over Cena, and they damn sure aint paying ticket and ppv prices for him. Cena is who every fan comes to see rather to love him or hate him, but they care about him, and they put money and time into him much deeper than Punk and Bryan who they vocally support but don't stick around to watch. Just is business 101

Stop hating the playa, hate the fact the others can't step up to his level and get in the game like the Batistas and Edges of the world could

You know your crowd loves John Cena when they chant "BORING" and "We Want Ryder" during his matches! John Cena vs John Laurinaitis is NOT captivating television. Why? Because we know what's gonna happen and seen it many times before. Whatever Cena does now, is just not interesting. That ending fell so flat. Seriously. What the fucks my motivation to tune it next week? Nothing at all.

And yeah. It's the reason why Batista left. Because of the shitty PG direction and same old Cena. It's known they're not the best of friends.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
This is the biggest most of the other band members have ever been their actually riding his coat tails and if you look at when they primarily tour it's just during the summer so through the rest of the year they do other things. The second CD wasn't that bad but wrestlers singing has never gone over good mainstream. While guys talk about how big Cena was it had nothing to do with Radio play and everything to do with the fact he was so over with the crowd.
Cena made the 106 and Park hit charts for weeks as well as TRL. He had mainstream play and acceptance from some mainstream rappers. Jericho, he just hadn't got that from the rock community and even when they promoted him at the height of the attitude era he still didn't get anywhere with Fozzy. May just need a new band

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You know your crowd loves John Cena when they chant "BORING" and "We Want Ryder" during his matches! John Cena vs John Laurinaitis is NOT captivating television. Why? Because we know what's gonna happen and seen it many times before. Whatever Cena does now, is just not interesting. That ending fell so flat. Seriously. What the fucks my motivation to tune it next week? Nothing at all.

And yeah. It's the reason why Batista left. Because of the shitty PG direction and same old Cena. It's known they're not the best of friends.

Cena got a massive pop tonight, yes they were the usual dueling chantings from people trying to be cool but it was mostly positive. The other chants would have been because Johnny Ace was in the mainevent but you don't need to worry about that anymore since that was his sendoff. That was the reason it was the mainevent because it was Cena getting rid of the guy that has feuded with him the last few months.

Batista left because he thought that he could make it in movies and in MMA. Now that he has failed in both he tries to claim that it was because of PG.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cena made the 106 and Park hit charts for weeks as well as TRL. He had mainstream play and acceptance from some mainstream rappers. Jericho, he just hadn't got that from the rock community and even when they promoted him at the height of the attitude era he still didn't get anywhere with Fozzy.

He also never eeevvver had the amount of backing from the WWE like Cena did or when he was as hot as Cena was. I mean you talk about how great Cenas record was but he's made one and Fozzy has 5. Have you ever listened to Cena's shit because thats what it is? Oingo Boingo had a hit to but doesn't make them gold.

I'm not saying Fozzy is god's gift to music I'm just saying it shouldn't be knocked when compared to Cena cause it didn't have the same kind of support.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He also never eeevvver had the amount of backing from the WWE like Cena did or when he was as hot as Cena was. I mean you talk about how great Cenas record was but he's made one and Fozzy has 5. Have you ever listened to Cena's shit because thats what it is? Oingo Boingo had a hit to but doesn't make them gold.

I'm not saying Fozzy is god's gift to music I'm just saying it shouldn't be knocked when compared to Cena cause it didn't have the same kind of support.
I rather listen to like 5 tracks from Cenas CD plus his track on the Fatherhood DVD with Snoop than listen to Fozzy.

Jerocho was in the company during its biggest period. The most success a track with his name had was his Agression track done by another artist. Jericho was pushed, just isn't that successful of a commodity in comaprison to what he should be for his resume. His tracks don't sell. His show got dropped by the network. He admittedly had a signing and only 15 people showed up. He has never drew in his career and always needed a strong champ or challenger to leech off of which is why he is Mr. Ic title or Mr B Brand/transitional champ. He just isn't a must see for a casual, let alone a must pay for, better than most, but the fault has to lie with him as Cena in the attitude era would have been much bigger just like Batosta would have been if their push happened then because they are simply better

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So then why are you comparing the two as if they are equals

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Because Jericho could possibly be wasting time on raw with the Fozzy bs yet again for hat the 4th or 5th time? The other thing is Jericho could be inserted in the title picture which is just silly as beating him and him winning it means nothing. I just don't get any excitement about his return to Raw, SD sure, but not Raw

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
After I assume the show went off air, Big Show came back out to beat on Cena, but John ended up getting the upper hand and hit an AA on Show. As Big Show made his way up the ramp, he passed Johnny still crawling around in pain. He stood Johnny up, lifted his shirt and gave not 1, not 2, but as the crowd requested, 3 big slaps to the chest of Big Johnny.

Johnny tried getting away again, but Cena said "We can't end the show like this" and brought out Zack Ryder. The Lauranitis beating continued with a Broski Boot. Of course, Triple H comes out to join the fun. The crowd is chanting for a Pedigree, but he said Johnny's front was all red, but his back wasnt, so they pulled up his shirt and delivered some more NASTY chops. Lauranitis was covered in big, red, visible hand prints. Johnny then gets his Pedigree, and it looked like he kind of botched it and slammed his face on the mat. Justin Roberts lead the crown in "NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE" while Cena and Ryder greeted fans at ringside. As Johnny finally made it to the top of the ramp, Vince's music hit, he appeared and kicked Johnny right in the nuts to send us home happy.

Johnny getting his ass beat badly. lol.

Last edited: