WWE RAW 18th June 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
*SPOILERS* This thread includes spoilers from No Way Out so if you don't want to know the score then look away now *SPOILERS*

WWE-RAW-LOGO.png

cena_no_way_out_mcmahon.jpg

The end of People Power
John Cena won his match at No Way Out and because of that Vince McMahon followed through with his promise and fired Johnny Ace. John Cena gave him a sendoff as well by sending him through the spanish announce table. Will this be the last time we see Johnny Ace? Who will be GM of RAW and Smackdown?

game_challenge_nwo.jpg

HHH challenges Lesnar
HHH appeared at No Way Out and didn't waste time declaring his intentions. He wants revenge on Lesnar for breaking his arm and rather than fight it out in the court room he wants to fight it out in the ring. He has challenged Lesnar to a match at SummerSlam. Will Lesnar accept the challenge? Will Lesnar and/or Heyman appear on RAW?

20120617_Light_NWO_cmpunk_kane_bryan_aj_2.jpg

Punk retains the title
CM Punk fought off his two challengers at No Way Out to retain his WWE Championship. AJ played a roll at the end of the match when Kane ran into her knocking her off the apron and Punk used this distraction to hit the GTS on Kane. Kane didn't leave empty handed though as he walked away with AJ in his arms. Who will Punk's next challengers be? Will AJ become the next in a long line of Divas that have fallen for the Big Red Machine?

20120617_LIGHT_NWO_v_primetime_C.jpg

Primetime Players big win
WWE added a Fatal Four Way Number One Contenders Tag Team match to No Way Out featuring The Usos, Epico & Primo, Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel and the Primetime Players. In the end the Primetime players walked away with the win and after the match we saw Abraham Washington raise the hands of the new number one contenders. Apparently he had switched teams and is now managing them rather than Epico and Primo. When will Primetime Players get their title shot? Will Epico & Primo get revenge on AW and will AW hire anymore wrestlers.

20120615_LARGE_raw_cyndilauper_L.jpg

Cyndi Lauper Returns!
Believe it or not but Cyndi Lauper played a big role in helping to make WrestleMania a success. Her crossover with WWF and MTV helped give WWF lots of publicity and exposure and now she is back. Can she do the same thing this time? Short answer no long answer no, but still she will be appearing as a guest star.

Tune in for all that and more on RAW tonight. Join in the fun and discuss RAW as it happens with other WS members.​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Oh fuck, Cyndi Lauper. I didn't want to remember.

Other than her being there, hopefully for under 5 minutes.... the show has a lot of potential.

I expect Heyman to come out and make an answer for HHH. Punk needs a new competitor but after what AJ did at the end with that cheeky grin... I'm keen on the angle but I feel Punk needs to face someone to where he'll drop the belt. Maybe a tournament?

Cena winning... What next for Show and Cena? Both have no feuds from here on. I wouldn't mind Cena/CM Punk even though both are face.

Tag title scene is interesting as well, AW screwing Epico & Primo for Primetime Players, keen to see how this works out. Overall should be a good show.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
- I don't see a new GM being named 2nite, I expect Vince to take over for the nite and build up the anticipation for the next week or two. I just hope Teddy isn't given back a GM spot and I pray to every God I don't believe in that he wont be the GM of both shows.

- Don't expect much progress in the HHH/Lesnar story, maybe just a video package or something.

- After that look from AJ, I see Kane challenging Punk heading into MitB in what is the weirdest love triangle angle I can remember. Best storyline since Mania by far.

- If I'm right about the above, then this mite free up Daniel Bryan; this mite be way off but I wonder is there any chance of a Bryan/Cena feud????

- Big Show/Brodus seems a no-brainer.

- Will we see Ryback or Tensai put in a meaningful storyline?? One can only hope.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that Vince will put himself in charge for the next few weeks until they can sort out a new replacement. Will be good having him there if it is to just book matches and push storylines along rather than trying to do too much comedy.

I really like the idea of a Daniel Bryan/John Cena feud. Would be a great way to use Bryan if it isn't involved in the WWE title scene and it may get him the mainevent spot on PPV.

I see Kane challenging Punk as well because of the AJ connection. I hope that we see AJ go to the darkside a bit in her appearance whilst she is beside Kane.

Show vs. Brodus will be okay as long as Brodus is booked to be a threat to Show rather than being completely inferior.

Can't wait to see what happens with the tag team division. Hopefully they can clear up what happens with the champions if Truth is going to be out with a broken foot. Maybe Epico and Primo will go face as well after being screwed by AW so that they can feud with the Primetime Players.

I really don't know what to do with Tensai. They could easily have put him in feuds with Cena or Punk after he beat them but WWE don't seem to want to go in that direction. There aren't many faces left that he can start an actual feud with. Maybe give him the US title and have him face a new midcarder each week.

With Ryback he really, really, really needs to stop facing to local jobbers because that has been done often enough. Take the next step forward with him. I actually see him being placed in the MITB ladder match.

MITB is a month away so hopefully WWE book some qualifying matches over the next four weeks on both brands.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'll be sitting 2nd row for this one near the ring/ramp. I'll be wearing a yes shirt with a few signs up saying The John Report and Shut Up Cole. I'm pretty excited because I've never sat this close and I expect something big to happen tonight. I wonder what legend will appear tonight for squash match. I'll be doing a live review about the show tomorrow.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You are so lucky to have such great seats. Hopefully it turns out to be a good show for you. Would be great if Lesnar appeared tonight to respond to HHH, not many will get to see Lesnar live back in a WWE ring.

I forgot about the regular legend squash match. I would go for New Age Outlaws, bring them in to beat Epico and Primo or have Primetime Players beat NAO. Road Dogg is already on the payroll and I am sure that Billy Gunn would be up for an appearance.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
New Age Outlaws would be full mark out moment! I got to see Austin and Piper the last time I was at a Raw so I'm pretty fortunate. I'd love to see Heyman return tonight, I saw him live only once at One Night Stand in 2005 and it was during the epic shoot promo that made me want to see Heyman in a WWE ring.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am pretty confident that one of Heyman/Lesnar will be there tonight to respond to HHH's offer for a match, Heyman would be more likely than Heyman so you could be in luck.

I hope that Johnny Ace is actually kept off television for a few weeks, I would hate to see him on RAW tonight. Actually stick to the storyline for a bit.

WWE.com are hyping Zack Ryder a lot for tonight since RAW is in his hometown. He hasn't been on RAW for a few weeks so will they use him on his home turf? I think that they would crazy not to, make him Kofi's partner for a tag team title match and then in true WWE tradition have him get pinned to lose the titles.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kevin Nash stated on his twitter account last night that he was going to be running Raw tonight. Take it for what it's worth.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be a good choice to return for the night to promote the 1000th RAW, can easily wrestle a three minute match and hit his signature moves. Hopefully it doesn't turn into one long plug for Rock of Ages.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Im interested for RAW tonight, and for what's soon to be three hours every monday. Alot more time to do angles and pushes.

Anyways we'll see the fallout of No Way Out tonight, and hopefully a new General Manager.

Also the Tag Team division actually has a chance to be relevant again, and HHH wrestling more then two matches a year? WHAT WHAT WHAT?

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
BREAKING NEWS: RAW Text via Mobile phone

I'm signed up for mobile texts from the E (because of the Mania contest, anyways here's what it said)

BREAKING NEWS: Tonight on RAW SuperShow (9/8CT) Brock Lesnar's camp will officially respond to Thriple H's challenge to a match at Summerslam.

The other one earlier read.

BREAKING NEWS: On the heels of his firing by Mr.McMahon at No Way Out, John Laurinaitis will deliver a farewell address on tonight's RAW SuperShow (9/8CT)

DashX

Reaction score
Re: BREAKING NEWS: RAW Text via Mobile phone

I hope Cyndi Lauper doesn't take too much air time tonight. The more segments the guest host is in, the worst the show seems to be. I am looking foward to the Lesnar vs. Triple H story.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Missed NWO due to horrible hours at work. Dont expect to see the Primetime Players (no affiliation lawsuit on file) on TV though not with any kind of time.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Missed NWO due to horrible hours at work. Dont expect to see the Primetime Players (no affiliation lawsuit on file) on TV though not with any kind of time.

I wouldn't say that. The E gave the tag teams a decent amount of PPV time to not use them on RAW, especially after the AW swerve last night. The Tag division seems to be on the up and up, they got great young tag teams they can finally start to build on again, and solid champions right now to carry the movement.