WWE RAW 16th January 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Raw overall was really good and did everything they were supposed to do. They built the rumble up for one pretty well esp with the possible Foley involvement. Added nice progression to Kane/Cena without going overboard with it. The Jericho troll stuff was nicely done And the final segment was just perfect in taking Punk/Johnny to the level it should be at to make it seem like a big deal and also puts over the title match. Shot it right into the most important storyline on the show as it should be.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I thought Jericho tonight was great, and I wasn't even a huge fan of the non talking thing. Him walking up the ramp just screaming yes was hilarious.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;sR-yfnk3u0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR-yfnk3u0k[/video]

Anyone else think Jericho needs new attire?

Killswitch

Reaction score
No. Because everything he's doing and wearing is absolutely brilliant. Did you hear the boos tonight when he walked out on the match after dancing in the ring? He's been back for 3 weeks. Not one word other than "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH", and he's done nothing but piss people off in the crowd. It's fucking genius.

Reactions: 1 person

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
No. Because everything he's doing and wearing is absolutely brilliant. Did you hear the boos tonight when he walked out on the match after dancing in the ring? He's been back for 3 weeks. Not one word other than "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH", and he's done nothing but piss people off in the crowd. It's fucking genius.

I agree, haha. A guy who doesn't even cut a promo or wrestle is the no. 1 thing on RAW atm. Shows how crappy the WWE Creative have been as of late. Jericho knows better than creative.

But I'm talking his trunks, it's the same purple crappy ones that he had before he left last time.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Johnny Ace shows everybody just who's show this is.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Just watched that video of Jericho's return match and I have to say that the guy is a genius. I like how he ups the ante a little bit each week, the crowd still cheer him each week, but then he lets them down and leaves and they boo him again. So well done and I can't wait to see what he does neext week.

Foley in the Rumble would be a really good move. Always like having these names from the past in the match and Foley is a great choice, would get a good pop from the crowd and then some young heel can eliminate him to get more heat.

Swagger winning the US title was unexpected but they gave Ryder a nice out since he was still selling the injuries from the Kane attack last week.

I like the idea of the over the top rope match involving Truth, Miz, Barrett and Sheamus four biggish names from both brands and a good sample of what we can see at the PPV.

Kane vs. Cena at the Rumble is a good move, keeps them out of the Rumble match since there is no need for Cena to win it as he already has a matched book for WM and gives the PPV another big match.

Lots of development with the Johnny Ace character, got more out of it tonight than the past month put together.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;jqPpV3jiebQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqPpV3jiebQ&feature=related[/video]

:lmao Someone needs to make a gif out of this but with better quality and a caption "Shut your mouth"

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;jqPpV3jiebQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqPpV3jiebQ&feature=related[/video]

:lmao Someone needs to make a gif out of this but with better quality and a caption "Shut your mouth"

Deuce

Reaction score
Jack Swagger became the new WWE United States Champion on last night's RAW Supershow after he defeated Zack Ryder. Ryder was selling the attack from Kane last week. We've been reporting for weeks that Zack Ryder's TV segments simply aren't drawing.
Ryder wrote the following on Twitter last night about his United States Title loss: "So I'm not the US champ anymore. Sorry to let my Broskis down. I will make no excuses for tonight…I will be United States champion again!"

I wonder what the WWE has planned for Ryder now, maybe a main event push? Doubt it, but it's possible..

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Did you even read what you posted?

Deuce

Reaction score
I missed the TV segments aren't drawing part... my bad.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I wonder what the WWE has planned for Ryder now, maybe a main event push? Doubt it, but it's possible..

da fuck is this, so his segments are not drawing so they take the title off him and you posted maybe a main event push. C'MON MAN.

I'm begging you read before you post bro, read it twice hell get someone to read it to you before you post.