WWE RAW 16th January 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Surprised this isn't up already.

Anyways, last week when we all expected WWE to debut Brodus Clay as a monster after putting his debut back week after week. They gave him a new gimmick which resembled 2 Cold Scorpio's & Rikishi's. So i'm sure we'll be seeing more of Brodus this week.

Perez Hilton is going to be making an appearance tonight on Raw *yawn*. For those who care, he's reffing the Divas match.

Jericho cried last week, what other awesome thing can the ayatollah of rock n roll-ah pull off this week?

Punk beat Jack Swagger last week and now Vickie and Jack are banned from Dolph's WWE Title match at the Rumble. I would expect some more Johnny Ace/Punk stuff tonight

Finally, John Cena/Kane/Zack Ryder. What's going to happen this week? I don't care

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Personally, I want the next installment in KANE's Horror Movie return. Maybe he'll kidnap Eve and breath on her for a good 5 minute promo.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I hope we get a Truth/Ricardo, Clay then Jeritroll back to back to back like last week.

I wonder what troll Technique Jericho will use this week, I'm gonna say strip or just before he speaks the mics cut out or he passes out.

Eve running away for 2 hours is gonna be fun.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Sometimes I hate reading these because it seems like no matter what WWE does, you guys will hate it, UNLESS it has Jericho in it.

The Monster Heel is SOOOOO over used, so I'm really glad Brodus has something we haven't seen in a while. And why the hell should someones gimmick hold them down? If hes good in the ring, he can dance for all I care. And still be champion.

This Jericho stuff is getting old. People are gonna lose interest soon.

The Kane/Ryder/Cena stuff is THE best part of the show now. You guys say you want masked Kane back. Check. You want Ryder in main feuds. Check. And you want Cena in a feud that doesn't involve the WWE Title. Check. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED. Oh, and it's giving Eve some TV time. Which is good for Divas. I don't get it.

Anyways, Raw has been REALLY good as of late, and tonight will be no exception. Can't wait to see what happens in this weeks show.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sometimes it isn't about what you do but how you do it. So people probably do like the fact Cena is out of the title picture and Kane got his mask and all that but how much someone enjoys it is gonna depend on how it's being done. Overall I don't mind it they just don't need to make it take over the show. Punk/Dolph has so much potential that they need to tap. Both have been two of the better in ring guys dating back to last year, Punk is at least top 3 on the mic Dolph is getting better by the week on the mic and his character. So hope they do some more with them and Johnny L in it. And for Jericho I think they should switch it up some kind of way this time on how they try and tease him talking but doesn't but what they're doing doesn't bother me as long as the payoff is great which I figure it will be.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Won't be watching once again.

Looking forward to reading results and what has happened, hopefully Jericho talks but my main happiness about the show is that Epico & Primo are tag champs which means more Rosa time!

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Will definately be changing the channel on most of this show. I'm not even gonna try with Jericho, I'm not stupid. I know what I'm gonna get and I won't have my time wasted. The garbage with Kane and Ryder taking over the whole 2 hours, I don't give a shit, probably changing the channel during that if something interesting doesn't happen fast, which neither of them can provide. I'll watch whatever Punk's doing but his segments aren't very good these days and the fact that he's feuding with the 3 dullest men on the planet doesn't help matters. I just hope they give Barrett a midcarder to smack around when the SmackDown guys get their time.

Last edited:

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I look forward to more Kane dominance.

I can see how Cena wins against Kane that makes Kane look strong in the progress and that is Zack Ryder coming back and interfearing in the match.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Will definately be changing the channel on most of this show. I'm not even gonna try with Jericho, I'm not stupid. I know what I'm gonna get and I won't have my time wasted. The garbage with Kane and Ryder taking over the whole 2 hours, I don't give a shit, probably changing the channel during that if something interesting doesn't happen fast, which neither of them can provide. I'll watch whatever Punk's doing but his segments aren't very good these days and the fact that he's feuding with the 3 dullest men on the planet doesn't help matters. I just hope they give Barrett a midcarder to smack around when the SmackDown guys get their time.

2zpk1g6.jpg

Dolph Ziggler dull? Go to some other wrestling site and share your idiotic thoughts you cancer.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
According to wwe.com, Zack vs Jack for the U.S. Title is scheduled to happen. But they're questioning whether Ryder will be ready to compete after what Kane did to him last week on Raw.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was about to say they put over on the site how he was supposed to be out because of the attack so guess maybe there is a chance he loses the belt if he tries to overcome it but loses to Swagger.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score

Clearly you are stupid because you have zero appreciation for how people/ feuds are built up, Jericho's segments are bizarre but interesting at the same time, kinda bringing something new to the table, clearly something you don't quite understand - It's fresh and pretty different.

How are you wrestling fan in the first place, you're part of it "OMG! It's gonna fast and action pack or it's shit!" kinda funny but at the same time, pathetic; for something to be effective, it's gonna be needed to be built up over time; something like Kane destroying people is entertaining and naturally they've been working up for a while now, this is basically the turning point in the feud between Kane/ Cena, if I'm right; Cena is gonna explode tonight actually take Kane on and get their match, simples... Just learn to be patient instead of being a lairy little ADHD five year old pumped full of E numbers.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think Jericho's mic cutting out several times would be a perfect way for him to troll one more time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That actually sounds like something he would do and would be pretty funny. They could stretch this out many ways without him talking until after the Rumble.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Push ups, have a steak with JR's BBQ sauce in the middle of the ring, or show off his dancing skills. That would be nice way to go at it Jeri-Troll.