WWE RAW 13th February 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well the good news should be that this angle will be finished next week after Elimination Chamber. Then as I mentioned before Ryder should "heal his injuries" and then participate in the MITB match at WM.
Yeah I expect that as well so wasn't really saying this angle was like burying the guy forever or anything but I wouldn't fool yourself into thinking that this is setting up Ryder for a big feud to move up the card. They needed a prop to use in this feud to make Cena embrace the hate or whatever and Ryder was the obvious choice.

Chadillac

Reaction score
What's with you and numbers?

I doubt it Chad, WWE RAW is nearly always sold out and the crowd was good and looked quite full when they showed it from distances. Pretty loud too and loved the chants, they were definitely into it. The arena they are at holds: Mixed Martial Arts / Wrestling: 16,100 - Arena Football: 12,000 - Ice hockey: 12,920 - Basketball: 14,500 - Concerts: 14,800 - Circus: 13,000

You need to look at the upper deck, which holds about 6,000. 70% of it was empty. So you can subtract 4500 of that number immediatly. then, you have to take into account that an additional 3,000 is cut off from the stage marker. So bring that up to 7,500. at max, 13,500 could have been held in that building for a wrestling event. Add an additional 4 or 500 for floor seating. so we can subtract 7,000 from 13,500. and you come up with 6,500.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't really see Ryder as a maineventer anyway, especially with this gimmick. He can maybe float around the upper midcard card but mainly his spot will be in the US/IC title scene.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I don't really see Ryder as a maineventer anyway, especially with this gimmick. He can maybe float around the upper midcard card but mainly his spot will be in the US/IC title scene.

I agree. I love Zack Ryder but he seems to goofy to be in the main event picture.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You need to look at the upper deck, which holds about 6,000. 70% of it was empty. So you can subtract 4500 of that number immediatly. then, you have to take into account that an additional 3,000 is cut off from the stage marker. So bring that up to 7,500. at max, 13,500 could have been held in that building for a wrestling event. Add an additional 4 or 500 for floor seating. so we can subtract 7,000 from 13,500. and you come up with 6,500.

The news outlets normally post the crowd figures every couple of weeks so we will be able to find out what the crowd was then. Even if it wasn't sold out I think that the crowd was fantastic all night, they were so loud and vocal and most importantly got involved in every single thing that happened tonight. Wish there were more crowds like that.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Am I really seeing a conversation about how many people in the crowd there was? The fuck.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Am I really seeing a conversation about how many people in the crowd there was? The fuck.

Clearly there were 7231 people there. Also I counted 327 signs, how many did you count?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
As far as Ryder being a main eventer never say never cause remember how many main eventers we've seen over the years have goofy or gimmicks you couldn't take seriously become main eventers. No one looked at HHH as Hunter Hearst Hemsley and said he could turn that into what he has become today. Maybe he will be a career midcarder but can't ever say for sure because guys can evolve.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Unfortunately you are, PHX. It doesn't matter how many was there because as Troy said, the crowd was so loud and vocal tonight. Every arena should be like that. If you remember back ten years ago, a crowd like tonight would seem lifeless because of how into it the fans used to be. Now everyone just sits down and eats there popcorn while they watch there rasslin. It shoouldn't be like that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As far as Ryder being a main eventer never say never cause remember how many main eventers we've seen over the years have goofy or gimmicks you couldn't take seriously become main eventers. No one looked at HHH as Hunter Hearst Hemsley and said he could turn that into what he has become today. Maybe he will be a career midcarder but can't ever say for sure because guys can evolve.

What I meant was with his gimmick the way it is there is no way he will never become a maineventer. There is a small chance that he will be able to make it there with a gimmick tweak but I still can't see it with him. I hope that I am wrong but he just doesn't scream maineventer to me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Unfortunately you are, PHX. It doesn't matter how many was there because as Troy said, the crowd was so loud and vocal tonight. Every arena should be like that. If you remember back ten years ago, a crowd like tonight would seem lifeless because of how into it the fans used to be. Now everyone just sits down and eats there popcorn while they watch there rasslin. It shoouldn't be like that.

I hope that WWE reward places like this and run events there more frequently. They have had a few excellent crowds last year where the fans went crazy and WWE should milk it for all it is worth. For me I have to admit that I look at how many signs there are because a lot of signs means that people are really invested in the product. Back in the Attitude Era the crowd had so many signs that you could barely see the people. Note that I know WWE do indeed hand out signs but it is normally pretty clear which ones are theirs and which are the fans.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Mid-card Champion at best. I do see him being involved in a few upper-card matches. Think Kofi Kingston.

I'd put Ryder in that boat.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ryder looks like a chump and acts likes a chump. Half of it is the way WWE books him and the other half is just him. He's entertaining to an extent but he just isn't credible.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mid-card Champion at best. I do see him being involved in a few upper-card matches. Think Kofi Kingston.

I'd put Ryder in that boat.

I think that Kofi actually has what it takes to be a world champion, WWE just need to get behind him and push him more. He showed me tonight that he can actually cut a decent promo, WWE now need to give him more promo time in the leadup to WM as he would be one of the favourites to win MITB.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I hope that WWE reward places like this and run events there more frequently. They have had a few excellent crowds last year where the fans went crazy and WWE should milk it for all it is worth. For me I have to admit that I look at how many signs there are because a lot of signs means that people are really invested in the product. Back in the Attitude Era the crowd had so many signs that you could barely see the people. Note that I know WWE do indeed hand out signs but it is normally pretty clear which ones are theirs and which are the fans.

I agree with you totally. When I don't hear the crowd and I don't see signs, it turns me away. Fans went crazy during the attitude era and even after it. I remember between 02 and 06, fans would still get into it. The crowds starting fading away in 07 and 08, and it just got really lifeless every show in 09.