WWE Old School RAW March 4th 2013 Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Mustafar Reginald said:
I just skimmed the results and I'd have to say it looks terrible. Most of the matches, or match cop outs as several don't even happen, seem more like WWE's attempt of visual torture than something that might actually be good. The few that I don't consider that seem to have one bad thing about them that makes me not want to watch them. Del Rio/Barrett is kind of excluded from those, is it worth checking out or is it just kind of average?

Anyway, what was worth watching and particularly was Cena/Rock's promo worth watching? Or was it just kind of the same stuff as last year except this time with Cena playing up "fall-and-rise" or "redemption" story?

Assume you're not interested in "reliving old memories". The whole feel of the show was pretty cool if you're into that sort of thing, but if you aren't just skip it.

Rock and Cena was basically what you'd expect. Cena's playing up his imaginary road to redemption, and Rock's just trying to get stuff trending on Twitter. Performances from both guys were good, but if you don't care about this feud this won't help.

Del Rio/Barrett was a five-minute squash... sadly that's becoming a great thing for a Barrett to last five minutes with the world champ. Shame that they've got two feuds for Barrett and can't figure out what to do with either.

The only thing I really liked was that after all this old-school stuff trying to grab your attention, your lasting image was CM Punk. They featured him very well, but that doesn't really give you any incentive to watch any particular segments.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Rain said:
Assume you're not interested in "reliving old memories". The whole feel of the show was pretty cool if you're into that sort of thing, but if you aren't just skip it.

Rock and Cena was basically what you'd expect. Cena's playing up his imaginary road to redemption, and Rock's just trying to get stuff trending on Twitter. Performances from both guys were good, but if you don't care about this feud this won't help.

Del Rio/Barrett was a five-minute squash... sadly that's becoming a great thing for a Barrett to last five minutes with the world champ. Shame that they've got two feuds for Barrett and can't figure out what to do with either.

The only thing I really liked was that after all this old-school stuff trying to grab your attention, your lasting image was CM Punk. They featured him very well, but that doesn't really give you any incentive to watch any particular segments.

Thanks for the write up. Yeah, those shows really don't do it for me, but I'd figured I'd ask because the first one they did was pretty good from what little I'd watch (namely, Bryan/Swagger) among other things like being a RTWM show. Not surprised about Cena/Rock, not wasting my time there. Reading that about the Del Rio/Barrett match is depressing on several different levels though. The biggest one being that I'm also not really surprised about it.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Mustafar Reginald said:
Thanks for the write up. Yeah, those shows really don't do it for me, but I'd figured I'd ask because the first one they did was pretty good from what little I'd watch (namely, Bryan/Swagger) among other things like being a RTWM show. Not surprised about Cena/Rock, not wasting my time there. Reading that about the Del Rio/Barrett match is depressing on several different levels though. The biggest one being that I'm also not really surprised about it.

To be fair they have plenty of time to kill before WM, there's still 3 Raws and 4 Smackdowns iirc, so they've got 20 more hours of programming to set this up (Geez, that's alot). They don't want to burn out the WM build now, may as well have a little filler show that interests some people.