WWE Officially Bans The Chair Shot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Yeah, I can see that. You'd still expect a certain amount of impact/weight behind it unless the person is particularly careful (which I believe HHH would be - He's a pro AND a company man.).... If you don't believe me, get a friends to test it out on you. ;o]

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Wow. First I notice that your not allowed to bleed, and if you accidentaly bleed the camera wont be on you and the ref gets a towel to clean it up.

Now absolutly no chair shots. People need to remember this is wrestling..... not a cartoon. I understand you want to keep the guys healthy, well try to find a way to make "soft" chairs.

Axis

It's funny, if you go back and watch Chris Benoit matches, you can sometimes think to yourself, "yeah, that must have helped convince him to go apeshit." Especially matches against Jericho, Regal, and the like, where they were open to hitting him like crazy, and he was open to taking it. It's a good thing guys like Jericho and Foley have taken/do take lots of time off and have other ventures besides wrestling.

csg370

Reaction score
I'm not surprised... This is the new era of Kid's WWE. Did you see Stone Cold talking, and "ass" was cut out twice? Oh, WWF, where have you gone?

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, because we can all see in TNA how much a chair shot can do for you, or how full out agression on another wrestler can do for the product, I mean, look the amazing effect it had on RVD's debut.

I personally don't mind. I think they mean unprotected chair shots, and even if they dont, I don't remember anybody taking a shot to the head, besides Taker, in quite some time, so it doesnt make any difference.

LadyHotrod

Chair shots are edited here anyways so it makes no difference.

Fucking pussy country.

noumenon

Unprotected chair shots have been banned for quite some time now. I wonder if they mean that, or just all together.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I guess this is a good thing for the long run of the talent but for the product it's not the best decision. To me it's just another way to water down the product but again if it is going to help prevent another Benoit esque incident then I'm all for it.

noumenon

With little to no hardcore matches, blood eliminated on sight really what's the point of a chair shot anyway? Sheamus' pump kick is the new chair shot.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Chair shots are edited here anyways so it makes no difference.

Fucking pussy country.

The freeze frame before the hit?

I am kinda dissapointed but at the same time I haven't seen one in so long I don't really miss it. Then I think about all the reports of concussions that happened this past season in the NFL and totally agree with it. But protected shots (like when they throw their hands up before getting hit) will still be instated, no?

Will chair shots to the back still be okay?

LadyHotrod

The freeze frame before the hit?

I am kinda dissapointed but at the same time I haven't seen one in so long I don't really miss it. Then I think about all the reports of concussions that happened this past season in the NFL and totally agree with it. But protected shots (like when they throw their hands up before getting hit) will still be instated, no?

Will chair shots to the back still be okay?

Well, Raw is 15 minutes later here so they use that time to totally eliminate anything that isn't 'appropriate' and Vintage Collection (a show we have of classic matches) they have the lame freeze frame for a second.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
But but but, what are they going to do during a Chair's match? Can they have that match without a shot to the head?

lol chair's match.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Well I do agree this is a good thing. We as fans more often than not, demand so much from these athletes, but when we find out one is not doing well medically or is dead from what they have given us in the ring, beit from trauma or drug usage, we sadden, pay our tributes, and go on with our own lives. I like watching wrestling, but I certainly don't want to see these guys and gals end up in wheel chairs, broken down walking with canes, or in a drug rehab. But if you read this, is this the whole rule now??? What I mean by that is it say a direct shot to the head. What if the 2 wrestlers work something out between them that one is going to swing the chair at the other's head, but the wrestler receieving gets his hands up in time. Essentially making it look like he's about to take a chair shot to the head, but doesn't really. Also, it says nothing about arm, leg, chest, or back shots to the body. So how much of the dynamic to the TLC match does it really change???