WWE offers Lesnar new deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Exactly just how the fuck is other wrestlers "stepping up their game" going to help? I would really like to hear an explanation for this considering it's not the wrestlers that peak the general public's interest in the product, it's the company itself. CM Punk, John Cena, and Randy Orton can up their promos and wrestle hard as fuck until they turn blue and it won't change a thing. Bringing in a celebrity that is familiar with people outside of the wrestling industry is always going to attract more attention. It has nothing to do with how much better they are at the WWE-oriented aspects of the company, but simply how popular they are among people that would watch the show. So Lesnar and Rock bringing higher ratings does not indicate the current WWE roster is not adequately performing their jobs.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Only thing I would say is wwe needs to stagger when they use Rock, Brock, Taker, and HHH outside wm season. They should alternate their returns and then only all be around for mania. Keeps them fresh and always a viable tto ruins option

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Exactly just how the fuck is other wrestlers "stepping up their game" going to help? I would really like to hear an explanation for this considering it's not the wrestlers that peak the general public's interest in the product, it's the company itself. CM Punk, John Cena, and Randy Orton can up their promos and wrestle hard as fuck until they turn blue and it won't change a thing. Bringing in a celebrity that is familiar with people outside of the wrestling industry is always going to attract more attention. It has nothing to do with how much better they are at the WWE-oriented aspects of the company, but simply how popular they are among people that would watch the show. So Lesnar and Rock bringing higher ratings does not indicate the current WWE roster is not adequately performing their jobs.
Thank you cause I'm tired of seeing people acting like these guys today don't work their asses off and the old guys they bring back do. Takes less effort to bring back a old household name than it does create one and that is why they do it. Only reason it didn't happen back in the day because those old names were already in WCW and got forced to go the homegrown route.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
There are some lazy young guys, the mid card is full of them because they get good money to stay home or work dark or work house shows, that's the biggest difference. Venis, Godfather, Hollys, Too Cool, Boss Man, Snow, Blackman, and even the lower tier like Kai En Tai used to be hungry and you could see it. Even the girls who couldn't really wrestle like Terri. There is a certain complacency with some of this generation

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
He needs to work a lot more then he did Rock works more dates then him and he had 3-4 movies booked and he was going to work basically 4 PPV's while Lesnar has only worked 2 and half the time he wasn't there to help the feud out but then Triple H didn't help things by not being there.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In the end the performer has to step up and show that they belong in the mainevent. If the performer gets over enough and sells enough merchandise WWE will push them. CM Punk is the perfect example of that, WWE didn't want him to succeed but he has been over ever since he debuted in ECW and he continued to get a great reaction and make WWE a ton of money and because of that he is one of their biggest stars. Ryder is another example, although obviously not on the same level. He was never used on television and would have been close to being fired. He made his own YT show, promoted the hell out of himself without WWE's help and he managed to get back on tv, win matches, win the US title, mainevent RAW and wrestle on PPVs. If someone wants it hard enough and works hard enough they will succeed.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Thank you cause I'm tired of seeing people acting like these guys today don't work their asses off and the old guys they bring back do. Takes less effort to bring back a old household name than it does create one and that is why they do it. Only reason it didn't happen back in the day because those old names were already in WCW and got forced to go the homegrown route.
Exactly and I'd also like to know just how these guys making an appearance a couple times a year is supposed to make those ratings stick once they've left. When these extra viewers tune in to see the celebrities, most of them aren't going to watch the show two weeks later after they discover they aren't regular to the show.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There are some lazy young guys, the mid card is full of them because they get good money to stay home or work dark or work house shows, that's the biggest difference. Venis, Godfather, Hollys, Too Cool, Boss Man, Snow, Blackman, and even the lower tier like Kai En Tai used to be hungry and you could see it. Even the girls who couldn't really wrestle like Terri. There is a certain complacency with some of this generation
Examples being?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He doesn't know.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Carlito, Shelton, Morrison, Kendrick, Morrison come to mind from past guys

Recent examples would be guys like Zeke who haven't improved a lick, Tensai who got his deal and is out of shape, there's Bourne who kills his own push for a high, there's a girl named Kharma who used them to finance a pregnancy and stay at home for a year of free money, there's Shaul who took the time and money for financial security to pursue other intents before even making it to TV, there's guys like Brayden Wlaker who get fit as hell once he gets that wwe contract etc

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And then you have guys like Tyson Kidd, Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd, Curt Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, hell even Ryder, and then Tyson Kidd who work their ass off as hard, but more than likely harder than the guys you named from the Attitude Era who you only remember because of their distinct character, not because they worked any harder. WWE just cared more about the mid-card and booked people smarter then.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wait... did you seriously just say Kharma was lazy because she didn't wrestle while pregnant? :lmao

Oh my.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
No I'm saying she used wwe. She conveniently got pregnant after signing with them and collecting their downside cause they wouldn't fire a pregnant chick after Dawn. Then she took months off and still collected a free check to her release. She got a vacation, well paid one at that because she basically pulled in years of TNA salary since the Los got paid shit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
No I'm saying she used wwe. She conveniently got pregnant after signing with them and collecting their downside cause they wouldn't fire a pregnant chick after Dawn. Then she took months off and still collected a free check to her release. She got a vacation, well paid one at that because she basically pulled in years of TNA salary since the Los got paid shit.

So you think she planned the pregnancy because it's so much more pleasurable sitting at home dealing with the pains of pregnancy than having and awesome push in the divas division?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And then you have guys like Tyson Kidd, Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, Tyson Kidd, Curt Hawkins, Tyson Kidd, hell even Ryder, and then Tyson Kidd who work their ass off as hard, but more than likely harder than the guys you named from the Attitude Era who you only remember because of their distinct character, not because they worked any harder. WWE just cared more about the mid-card and booked people smarter then.
To be fair I didn't knock slater, he's worked hard and gotten TV time, its a comedy role but he got one and Rees a place for comedy like Crash, Brawler, Mideon, and Kai En tai

i like Hawkins, just think he's never really been given a chance to fully develop after the edge head stick, and that he should be repackaged in NXT much like Stevens has as Sandow or Husky as Wyatt

mcIntyre, he married the crazy bitch that cost him the push as he had the world handed to him from day one until that domestic dispute which should have got him fired for consistency (Rhino)

Kidd is a hard worker, but I can't really blame them. They tried the Harts but DH is about as exciting as paint drying and Natalya falls under the same category without even the looks to offset it. I loved how he developed on Redemption week by week and think they had something there. I didn't like the thrown together team with Gabriel, but now he's hurt and I would like to see him return but with the spot Bourne had.

And Ryder, well I'm not signing off on that. Miz came up with the material, Cena came up with idea for the show to get him started, and he's admitted as much. Cena promoted him. Put anyone in those shoes and they can et over if they have any damn sense to follow thru with it. The fact is he hasn't improved as a worker or talker. Now he deserved better than Eve and Kane, but still he isn't a glowing endorsement of a person who got their 5 minutes of fame and actually ran with it and improved along the way, like say Ryback who got over and has actually improved steadily in that ring and on the mic because he's actually hungry. He's not Bryan who improved when he got the chance, or Punk for as much shit as I give him. Ryder used Cena and Mizs idea to get noticed but once he got noticed he never tried to be a better Ryder, he was complacent with being there