WWE offers Lesnar new deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Lords of Pain said:
- WWE officials have offered Brock Lesnar a new contract. They want him locked in for another year before WrestleMania. It's believed the new deal is similar to the deal he signed last year - several million dollars, a few major pay-per-view events and the TV shows building up to those events.

Lesnar has not signed the deal and probably won't sign any time soon because that's how he operates, likely negotiating until the end. Some within WWE are under the impression that he's in the creative plans for after WrestleMania 29.

Regarding a potential Lesnar vs. The Undertaker match, a source noted that Taker is really hurting bad and since Lesnar works a very physical style, officials are very leery of ever doing that match.

I hope Lesnar re-signs. Working a limited number of shows a year and getting paid millions of dollars can only be good for Lesnar & his family.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully he re-signs. I'd like to see him build up somebody like Ziggler.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Can see WWE's thinking here and it is always smart to try and get one of your biggest asscents signed early.

Problem is a guy getting paid that much for just three or four appearances may cause up roar in the locker room among the full-timers. Also is Lesnar really worth that much? I for one thought he produced a mixed resturn last year.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well he came in white hot. Then he lost to Cena and that sorta fizzled things down. After that he started picking things up with Trips... then we haven't seen him since then so that contributes a lot to him pretty much just getting cold.

They need to get him in a good feud... an actual feud this time. Even if it is Trips again. Just hopefully not a loss... cause then that'd pretty much throw off the influence that could be had if he signs another year and has feuds with some of the other guys like Ziggles.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He needs to make more appearances for sure, not really worth the money otherwise.

I only watch the shows with him or Rock on it, but you don't get the same buzz for a Lesnar appearance. That shitty Trips feud def. killed any momentum he had, I was really looking forward to it and it just panned out so wrong....the match was awful. His feud with Cena was class though so I guess they got something from him last year.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
His two PPV appearances were the biggest PPVs of the year. So it's a no-brainer for WWE to try re-sign him immediately.

Fuck the locker room if they don't like it, if they wanted to get that type of schedule and money, they better get to working on something that makes them big money players like Lesnar.

Reactions: 1 person

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
His two PPV appearances were the biggest PPVs of the year. So it's a no-brainer for WWE to try re-sign him immediately.

Fuck the locker room if they don't like it, if they wanted to get that type of schedule and money, they better get to working on something that makes them big money players like Lesnar.

Its easy to say that but surely you are aware that this sort thing does curse issues. I can understand why too, lets face it its not like other WWE stars are asking for the same amount it is just many will think it is unfair for there to be so much of a gap in pay between someone who appears four times a year and someone who wrestles around 200 matches a year and has to be in the spotlight every week.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[/B]

Its easy to say that but surely you are aware that this sort thing does curse issues. I can understand why too, lets face it its not like other WWE stars are asking for the same amount it is just many will think it is unfair for there to be so much of a gap in pay between someone who appears four times a year and someone who wrestles around 200 matches a year and has to be in the spotlight every week.
You've just reaffirmed what Deezy is already saying... If they want to be able to request that schedule and that money then they best get to making themselves a huge star, simple.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You've just reaffirmed what Deezy is already saying... If they want to be able to request that schedule and that money then they best get to making themselves a huge star, simple.

Not really because the reality is that only a select few can be a big, doesn't mean the rest are expenable. If Lesnar wants that sort of money then maybe he should work more dates.

Also like I said I don't think Lesnar's return last year really produced the kind of box office WWE were hopeing for.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I like Lesnar and all but I wish they'd book him better, no matter what he does. I thought they made a huge mistake having him immediately align with Laurinaitis and talk about money and contracts and all that bullshit. Nobody wanted to see that Brock Lesnar. But that's all through with anyway. He's not the huge star that Rock so it's not a huge deal to sign him, but it'd be an excellent secondary piece to any of their PPVs and would give them a small bump in sales too. Surely they'd push for more dates for the guy this time around though.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not really because the reality is that only a select few can be a big, doesn't mean the rest are expenable. If Lesnar wants that sort of money then maybe he should work more dates.
Nobody said the rest are expendable so where you pulled that one from I don't know. As far as your second point goes, it's so ass backwards it makes zero sense.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The thing that bugs me about this and even the Rock signing these huge deals and rarely doing anything is that I couldn't imagine WWE ever doing things like this back in the eras of those two stars. Why didn't they bring back retired big names in those days to only work 3 or 4 times a year? Well, it's because they were making stars like Lesnar and Rock which they aren't doing now.

Now I'll admit, I did enjoy seeing those two guys wrestle last year, but nostalgia isn't something WWE should get too comfortable with banking on. I really, really don't see how these guys are worth the money WWE is constantly throwing at them when they know those guys have no long-term effects or benefits to the company. I wouldn't have any problem with it at all if the WWE Championship wasn't in the picture and these were strictly mid-card gigs, but they're not. They're all main event one-shot roles that cease to exist the moment their matches are over.

Anyways, I thought their involvement would make me feel excited for WWE again, but it's just done the opposite considering most weeks we just hear other wrestlers talk about those guys when they're not even there and won't be for several more weeks/months and the payoff just isn't worth the hype anymore after a couple matches. WWE just knows they will draw and that's why it keeps happening, good for them, but the current era of young wrestlers continues to suffer because of it. When guys drop by every few months and are made to look instantly superior to the rest of your roster just because of who they are despite how little they've done lately, it really does bury your roster. It's a shame more people don't see it that way, but there's a reason ppv's draw more with than without these two guys.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have enjoyed his work so far and so I wouldn't mind him signing another one year deal. Really looking forward to seeing what he does this WM season because it has been so long since we have seen him.

I have no issue with someone like him, or The Rock, returning on huge money limited date contracts. They are huge names and proven draws so they are worth the money. As others have said the guys in the locker room should spend less time complaining and more time improving so that they can be the big star that can face these two.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Also like I said I don't think Lesnar's return last year really produced the kind of box office WWE were hopeing for.

He's a much bigger draw than the entire roster dude. So in my opinion, those guys need to step up their game, not the guy who's raised the bar.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Hoping he comes back to end Big E Langston's career. This would never happen, because "Big E Lashley" isn't a star, but I just can't stand that motherfucker.