WWE Names Top 25 Matches of 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Johnny Nitro Banner Request

Forum changed, so time to start a new look, I was rockin' the HBK last so I have decided to change to Johnny Nitro theme for awhile.

*Theme: Johnny Nitro
*Colours: Gold, Black, White
*Person(s): Johnny Nitro
*Text: No Pictures Please
Font: doesn't matter
*Size: decent size, maybe something like 500x200
Pics: 1 or 3 pics of Nitro
Name placement: center

Ben

Reaction score
WWE.com has listed their Top 25 matches of 2010.

They left the final two unranked, and fans can vote to determine who is #1.
You can vote at http://poll.wwe.com/bestmatch/

25. Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio - Smackdown - (Del Rio's first loss)
24. Evan Bourne and John Cena vs. Edge and Sheamus - RAW
23. The Miz vs. Jerry Lawler - RAW
22. Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger - Money in the Bank PPV
21. Michelle McCool vs. Beth Phoenix - Extreme Rules
20. Elimination Chamber for the WWE Championship - Elimination Chamber PPV
19. Christian vs. Ezekiel Jackson - Royal Rumble PPV
18. John Morrison vs. Sheamus - Falls Count Anywhere Match - RAW
17. Chris Jericho vs. Goldust - WWE Superstars
16. Rey Mysterio vs. Undertaker - Royal Rumble PPV
15. Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz vs. John Morrison - Hell in the Cell PPV
14. Edge vs Christian - RAW
13. Shawn Michaels vs Rey Mysterio - Smackdown
12. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton - Hell in the Cell PPV
11. Royal Rumble Match - Royal Rumble PPV
10. Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho - WWE NXT
09. John Cena vs Wade Barrett - Hell in the Cell PPV
08. Smackdown Money in the Bank Match - Money in the Bank PPV
07. Evan Bourne vs. Chris Jericho - Fatal 4-Way PPV
06. WWE vs Nexus - SummerSlam
05. Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Elimination Chamber PPV
04. Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk - Extreme Rules PPV
03. John Cena vs. Batista - Extreme Rules PPV

Tied for first place -
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - Wrestlemania 26 PPV
Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan - Bragging Rights PPV

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That tie is bull shit. Bryan and Dolph was damn good (deserved 2nd or 3rd), but they weren't HBK vs Taker great.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Did a bunch of ROH fans come in just to vote for Bryan or something. I mean I loved that match but it's not on par with Taker/HBK. Some of these matches shouldn't even be on the list.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Did a bunch of ROH fans come in just to vote for Bryan or something. I mean I loved that match but it's not on par with Taker/HBK. Some of these matches shouldn't even be on the list.

If I'm understanding right, WWE (or whoever at WWE compiled the list) positioned those two matches as equal so people could THEN vote to separate them. Regardless, it's a big way to put people over.

The list isn't actually too bad when you consider some of the garbage they spew up on wwe.com at a glance. I'm going to assume Joey Styles was responsible.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If I'm understanding right, WWE (or whoever at WWE compiled the list) positioned those two matches as equal so people could THEN vote to separate them. Regardless, it's a big way to put people over.

The list isn't actually too bad when you consider some of the garbage they spew up on wwe.com at a glance. I'm going to assume Joey Styles was responsible.
As far as the putting them over thing it depends if they decide to even use it that way. If they do then I'm glad they put that match that high. I do think it is easily in the top 5 just don't think it should be tied with Taker/HBK. Then again I' am biased towards that match since I got to see it.

On a different note glad Goldust/Jericho is in there. Could be in the top 10.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Agree with some of the matches, don't with others. Not a fan that they put it up early either. Imo Sheamus vs JoMo could easily be on this list. Its a ton better than Christian vs Zeke. Hell I'd put it above Taker vs Rey as well. Plus whose to say no top 25 matches happen tomorrow or next week? Not a fan of whoever putting the Rumble match itself on the list either.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Agree with some of the matches, don't with others. Not a fan that they put it up early either. Imo Sheamus vs JoMo could easily be on this list. Its a ton better than Christian vs Zeke. Hell I'd put it above Taker vs Rey as well. Plus whose to say no top 25 matches happen tomorrow or next week? Not a fan of whoever putting the Rumble match itself on the list either.
Tomorrow is possible, but aren't they going with just best of shows next week like they normally do around that time of the year?

???

Banned
Reaction score
I read that there's no Christmas break for the superstars this year, so I'd assume not.

Baller

Reaction score
Michaels vs Undertaker is easily number one, I don't care what the WWE's reason is, no match should be tied with it. Other then that the list is fine.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
You guys are joking right? The only reson Taker/michaels was good was because it was Michaels' last match. Otherwise, it was two stale, old men kicking out of finishers. Better than WM25, but still SEVERELY overrated.

Still gonna win number one though. *sigh*

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You guys are joking right? The only reson Taker/michaels was good was because it was Michaels' last match. Otherwise, it was two stale, old men kicking out of finishers. Better than WM25, but still SEVERELY overrated.

What is your number 1 then?

Baller

Reaction score
That's his number one. There is no denying that, he is just trying to be a douche. That was by far the MOTY, a bunch of stale, old guys kicking out of finishers is one of the one things that does not describe this match.

???

Banned
Reaction score

I didn't really like their WrestleMania 25 match, but this one had superb psychology. They did things logically by building on spots from last year, showing the two men knew each other better than the previous year. They had kickouts from moves that couldn't get the pin the previous year, again showing that they were building on a story. The leg work was done well and became a vital part of the match, especially with the moonsault onto it. And finally the finish was a great way to show respect between two great warriors who have been in the WWE for so long, with one wanting the other to go down with dignity and grace.

Hardly two stale old men just kicking out of finishers. There's an obvious story there, so I'm shocked that it managed to go over your head.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I didn't really like their WrestleMania 25 match, but this one had superb psychology. They did things logically by building on spots from last year, showing the two men knew each other better than the previous year. They had kickouts from moves that couldn't get the pin the previous year, again showing that they were building on a story. The leg work was done well and became a vital part of the match, especially with the moonsault onto it. And finally the finish was a great way to show respect between two great warriors who have been in the WWE for so long, with one wanting the other to go down with dignity and grace.

Hardly two stale old men just kicking out of finishers. There's an obvious story there, so I'm shocked that it managed to go over your head.
Thanks for breaking that down so I didn't have to do it. Pretty much spot on and I don't like when people try and just generalize it as two old dude's doing a bunch of finishers when it was obviously more than that. Which is why to me it is def the best match of the year without question.