WWE Names Its Top 50 Superstars Of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pumpt73

Reaction score
When it comes to WWE lists, I take them all with a grain of salt. Batista as a top 50 of all time???? Eh, no. It's already been said of Hogan, but with him being in TNA right now, I can't see him getting the top slot, but surely he should be higher. Look, I loathe Hogan, but I can't deny what he brought to the WWF in the 1980's. Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper were like peanut butter and jelly, peas and carrots, ham and burger. I like the fact that they've paid homage to guys like Jack Brisco, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr, and Harley Race, but really how long did any of them work for WWE??? I love the fact that Harley is 6th, but his WWF career wasn't anything to write home about. Neither were the Funk's. Same thing with Lawler. Lawlers WWF career, ring wise was garbage.

Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, Don Muraco, and Paul Orndorff I would have though would have been on a WWE list before some of the other names mentioned. Again, take any list WWE puts out with a huge grain of salt.

ThomC

Reaction score
I don't think the list is based on the wrestlers' WWE career, but overall career. Since they own pretty much all the footage of the past companies I think is their career in NWA, AWA, JCP, WWF/E, any where they worked. I mean Lou Thesz is on the list, and as far as I know he never worked for a McMahon.

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah, this is obviouisly considering all of the territories and not just the WWE run. In that case, I figured Andre would be higher. And by those standards, Rey is perfectly fine.

Kizza

Reaction score
Yeah, it's not based on WWE. It's the apparent top 50 superstars of all times. Nick Bockwinkel didn't even work for WWE.

CMS

Reaction score
TBH, the only thing I see wrong with that list is Hulk Hogan being that low, but then again, it was expected. There are some changes I would make, but overall, it's alright.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Hmmmm, considering WWE has the rights to almost every promotion from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and they're ranking guys who either never worked directly for them or only worked a match or two for them, Im surprised Sting isn't on this list then.

nation

Reaction score
Most bullshit list ever. Jimmy Snuka? the fuck?

Airfixx

Reaction score

The guy's only at #32 for fucks sake...

....Oh, I forgot, you don't know anything about his career therefor he's a "pointless" figure in wrestling history.

Get a grip! :roll:

nation

Reaction score
Yh and the guy hasn't done shit to deserve it. He was midcard talent and he is famous for jumping off a cage and getting hit in the head with a coconut.

Reaction score

You musn't know much of Snuka to make that post. He was their top draw before Hogan and should have been World Champ but the race card reared it's ugly head. And I know Pedro Morales was hispanic, but there was no Islander constituency in NYC to justify it.

Reaction score
You musn't know much of Snuka to make that post. He was their top draw before Hogan and should have been World Champ but the race card reared it's ugly head. And I know Pedro Morales was hispanic, but there was no Islander constituency in NYC to justify it.

Yet another worthless post. Institutional Racism against Pacific Islanders?

Are you fucking serious?

nation

Reaction score

To be honest, I don't like Snuka anymore. Sure maybe he is a legend but he is extremely overrated. So I guess it's due to that and the guy is a woman beater and killer. He obviously doesn't compare to the big boys Hogan, Flair, Savage, Rock, Austin, Sammartino, HBK, Undertaker etc. Hell he doesn't compare to Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sid Vicious, Lex Luger, Honky Tonk Man, Scott Steiner, Kane, etc guys who were the closest to hanging with the big boys. Sure he probably is a legend but he hasn't done accomplished as much as those guys and when it comes down to it more people care and remember those guys than Snuka. Which is really what matters.