WWE Money In The Bank 2012 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
I'd love for Rey to return for MITB but for some reason I don't see it happening. Is Miz still filming his movie? He would be a disappointing addition though. Someone I know brought up a great idea that time, what if Brock were to enter the MITB? I highly doubt they would do that but imagine Brock holding the briefcase and able to strike at any moment and hold take the WWE championship hostage! I think that would have great potential!

Rhodes and Ziggler were both added to the World Heavyweight MITB last night as I'm sure you all know, there goes my idea... the addition of these two gives me much more hope for the match though! Either of them would be excellent! The only other 2 I'd like are Kidd or Christian, less Christian though since he's already a former champ but I imagine he would work great with the case. I love Sandow but he shouldn't be holding that case. Tensai would be awful, and if Santino won it I would cry.

It's sad seeing how 1 year ago CM Punk took the WWE by storm and gave us the greatest moment in wrestling all year, tried to show us a new light, and now he's even WWE Champion! Yet he's still going to be behind John Cena as the main event. This will be the one time the MITB match actually main events the PPV that got it's name from it but it's only because Cena is in the match. That only former WWE champions MITB is just so wrong. The concept is supposed to build new stars!

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It's not "supposed" to build new stars. It's just the way it usually happened. Personally i think making a former champions only match is a good thing. It's guaranteed star power and the person who wins will be a good champion due to experience.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's not "supposed" to build new stars. It's just the way it usually happened.
So what you're saying here is that its merely coincidence that almost all of the MitB winners have been guys they've wanted to push up the card?

As far as the former champions match goes, I don't have a problem with it either. At least one match will be used to move someone up the card, while the other one has that guaranteed star power that Viper mentions. It's pretty win/win if you ask me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So what you're saying here is that its merely coincidence that almost all of the MitB winners have been guys they've wanted to push up the card?

Yeah and all of those winners didn't do shit as champion. The only MITB winners that had successful reigns are Kane, The Miz, and Daniel Bryan.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah and all of those winners didn't do shit as champion. The only MITB winners that had successful reigns are Kane, The Miz, and Daniel Bryan.

But that's not the point. You said the match was not designed to push people up the card or make them new stars, which it obviously was. Once again you simply try to change the conversation when someone calls you out on being wrong. Regardless of where the winner of the MitB briefcase went after they won, the intent was always to move them up the card.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Moving someone up the card isn't giving them a month long title reign. Edge win the MITB case, won the title from John Cena, then lost it a month later. Wonderful

Castiel

Reaction score
You're right, Edge went nowhere after winning the MITB. Neither did Punk.

Edit:

Moving someone up the card isn't giving them a month long title reign. Edge win the MITB case, won the title from John Cena, then lost it a month later. Wonderful

Did it not push them for future success?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

It's the beginning of moving them up the card. Regardless of how long their title reign lasts, you cannot deny that.

Once again it would probably be best to quit while you're ahead, but if you prefer to keep arguing I'll gladly school you all afternoon since I have nothing better to do. Your choice.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

And he stole the fucking show at Mania just a couple of months later. He was definitely in a better place after hist 3 week title reign that before it.

The Viper

Reaction score
Don't you have a kid

Jesus Christ. That's why we hate you. You blatantly ignore the main point of a post to focus on something completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
And he stole the fucking show at Mania just a couple of months later. He was definitely in a better place after hist 3 week title reign that before it.

Yes his hardcore match against Foley was good but it didn't steal the show. More people remember Triple H vs John Cena than Edge vs Mick Foley

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Yes his hardcore match against Foley was good but it didn't steal the show. More people remember Triple H vs John Cena than Edge vs Mick Foley

You have the figures to back that up I presume?