WWE looking into a Hall of Fame Building

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
By James Caldwell, Torch assistant editor
The Orlando Sentinel reported the following news items on WWE's preliminary plans to find a permanent home for the WWE Hall of Fame.

-- The city of Orlando, Fla. was the first city to get their name out as a possible HOF location, but WWE has solicited proposals from an "unknown number of cities."

-- WWE is looking for a location within a large city that attracts domestic and international tourists, which is why Orlando is being considered.

-- WWE wants the selected city to help defray the costs of building and maintaining a permanent Hall of Fame location.

"WWE is seeking public and/or private partners (may include local and state governmental entities, private-sector funding sources, etc.) to develop, fund, and maintain what will be viewed as one of the premier halls of fame in the world of sports and entertainment," WWE said in a proposal to prospective host cities.

WWE is keeping a tight lip on the project. A spokesman told the Sentinel, "WWE is in the very preliminary stages of evaluating this opportunity, and we have nothing further to report at this time."

Source: PWTorch.com

I like this idea... The WWE gets a lot of criticism for it's Hall of Fame being 'fake' and what not. I think a physical location for it could do a lot for the prestige of the ceremony each year.

Jay

Reaction score
New York would be the place to have it evry year.

Reaction score
^Except that "Noo Yawk" is too expensive and wouldn't make sense for the convenience factor. NY sucks.

I like the idea though. Make a museum, and a nice sized auditorium so that the HOF tv taping ceremony could be held there every year.

Veritas

Reaction score
Something like this could interfer with the big time atmosphere of WrestleMania weekend though because WWE has worked hard to establish the HOF ceremony as a major part of WM weekend. I know they were looking at LA as a permanent location for SummerSlam awhile back, maybe they could look at expanding on that in a way. Keep the induction ceremony and speeches as part of WM weekend and then, when a host city is found, make that the location of SummerSlam every year and have an event where the newest inductees memorabelia and bust are actually added to the HOF. Just an idea.

They should do separate wings as well like "WWE Legends," "WCW Legends," "AWA Legends," etc and distinguish between the Eras as well. I'd love to see an actual attempt at a HOF, though.

Reaction score
They should do separate wings as well like "WWE Legends," "WCW Legends," "AWA Legends," etc and distinguish between the Eras as well. I'd love to see an actual attempt at a HOF, though.

That'd be a good idea. A WCW wing would be cool.

pumpt73

Reaction score
You knew this idea would come up sooner or later. The membership is growing fast with every induction ceremony and with as much history and fanfare that professional wrestling has, it would make perfect sense. Wrestling is a visually stunning form of entertainment. A physical HOF building could be just as visually stunning. Like Veritas said, have seperate wings for different promotions and eras. I have the WWE Encyclopedia book and that's a small taste of what you could. When you come to a major star like Andre or Hulk, they have a full 2 page spread of their career with pics, years active, and titles held. You could do this as well. Have exhibits of individuals. I mean could you imagine how big the Hogan exhibit could be??? Have the boots he wore at WM III in there with them signed, the title belt he had, etc. Have an exhibit for jobbers...LOL. WWE is all about generating greenbacks, and this would be a perfect way to do so. One thing that I would love about a physical building would be so the old school fans can educate the young fans that are coming into the sport. Yes, I still call it a sport. I hope WWE makes this happen.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
You knew this idea would come up sooner or later. The membership is growing fast with every induction ceremony and with as much history and fanfare that professional wrestling has, it would make perfect sense. Wrestling is a visually stunning form of entertainment. A physical HOF building could be just as visually stunning. Like Veritas said, have seperate wings for different promotions and eras. I have the WWE Encyclopedia book and that's a small taste of what you could. When you come to a major star like Andre or Hulk, they have a full 2 page spread of their career with pics, years active, and titles held. You could do this as well. Have exhibits of individuals. I mean could you imagine how big the Hogan exhibit could be??? Have the boots he wore at WM III in there with them signed, the title belt he had, etc. Have an exhibit for jobbers...LOL. WWE is all about generating greenbacks, and this would be a perfect way to do so. One thing that I would love about a physical building would be so the old school fans can educate the young fans that are coming into the sport. Yes, I still call it a sport. I hope WWE makes this happen.

I love that idea, make physical wings for each different promotion/era and obviously the major names like Hogan, Austin, Flair etc. could each have their own seperate exhibit, which all could attract quite a fanfare I would imagine. The ideas for the exhibits could be endless. And while being only 20 years old, I do like to condier myself relatively knowledgeable of the majority of the mid to late 90s and 00s, I would really love to learn more about the history previous to my knowledge and a physical Hall of Fame building, with maybe tours with maybe the backstage agents and stuff could be a cool experience for all who visit the building

Reaction score
Here's another idea:
They could have replicas of all the different stages they've used over the years for Raw and Smackdown. That'd be pretty neat. Make it so people could "walk the ramp" of the RAW is WAR 1997 stage, and get pictures, for example.

Plus, whenever a legend or a big name has something to shill (book/movie/clothing/food-whatever) they could advertise on WWE tv that "so and so will be at the HOF on this date/this time to promote his new (whatever product)...". Or they could have scheduled autograph appearances for legends and HOF guys. Have question and anwer forums and things like that. It'd be a great way for the legends to stay involved in the business, it would help generate revenue, and it would be a central place for these kind of things to take place.

Pavitar

Reaction score
It's definitely not a bad idea since it would make the company's Hall of Fame seem a bit more important.