• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE June PPV is named

Tapout

The unnamed PPV in June for the 2013 year has been named, and no, it's not the King of the Ring like many people were hoping, it will be called WWE Payback. The details of the PPV are still to follow, but speculation is that it will include rematches from shows earlier in the year.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Oh great now WWE had a legitimate excuse to lazily book the same PPV matches over and over.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Might as well call it "WWE: Repeat/Rematch/Rehash". I hope the ppv does really lousy buys so they drop this idea quickly.

Gimmick

So after Extreme Rules (which is basically Backlash) we're going to get another PPV dealing with rematches?

That's just odd.

Tapout

Its still not confirmed that the PPV will be rematch themed, but it's highly speculated. Seeing how almost every single PPV now explains the premise for it in the name. TLC, Elimination Chamber, Extreme Rules, Hell in a Cell, Money in the Bank, ect.

Troy

Bit disappointed that they didn't try to revive King of the Ring but I guess with Royal Rumble and MITB there are enough opprtunities to win title shots. I hope that Payback doesn't just turn into a rematch based PPV because it will just be another generic nothing PPV that has no meaning behind it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Awful name and what is the point? If they weren't going to revive an old concerpt for the ppv then they might as well have just left it as it was.

Franco

I don't see what's wrong with using Backlash or Vengeance if they wanted an revenge themed pay per view name. Payback sounds like a WWE Studios film starring Steven Seagal and Jinder Mahal.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
I don't see what's wrong with using Backlash or Vengeance if they wanted an revenge themed pay per view name. Payback sounds like a WWE Studios film starring Steven Seagal and Jinder Mahal.

Indeed it does! But please don't give them any ideas...