WWE June PPV is named

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Don't know why they don't just bring back In Your House and rotate all the non-big-4 PPV's.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Still laughin' that people thought WWE would bring back KOTR as a PPV. This is a just a filler show anyways. I won't harp too much on this until I see the card because even though it's Payback The Rock won't be around for it so if it's just repeated WM matches that have already had rematches at Extreme Rules one thing is for sure the WWE Title scene should still be fresh. Plus, I also doubt Swagger/Del Rio lasts this long.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Personally, I would've preferred if they kept "The Bash"

Either way, "Payback" isn't going to bother me because there's a 98% chance that this will be the only one in history

Reaction score
Interesting name, I personally would of thought that this PPV would of been moved to the end of April/May slot if they're going with the whole Payback/Rematch theme, trouble is only one announced match on the card can really be done at a B-PPV and that's Jack Swagger/Alberto Del Rio. So, it'll be interesting at least to see what rematches will be on the card if any, it might be paybacks for actions (ie random beat downs etc.)

Won't last more than a single PPV though.

GOD

How about WWE presents REFUND, where they give me back the money I wasted on Royal Rumble?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Frankly I enjoyed King of the Ring and it was responsible for propelling quite a few of the industry's greats including Steve Austin, Triple H, Owen Hart, ect. If went a little off-track during the Attitude era, but if the WWE cared enough about it, they definitely could have saved it. Even the "King Booker" angle was excellent. An annual tournament, regardless of it's physical reward, always has potential to add credibility to any wrestler.

The plain honest truth is, Money in the Bank replaced it. Wrestling fans today just don't have the patience to endure a month-long arduous tournament like King of the Ring, they want to see weapons, chairs, ladders, tables, and all sorts of other bullshit and get it out of the way quickly. MITB serves the purpose more quickly and more violently, involves just as many people, and gets the whole ordeal out of the way easier. In the modern WWE, you just can't have MITB and KOTR in the same world, and to most fans it seems cooler to have a guy carrying around a briefcase for a few months before he becomes champion as opposed to a guy wearing a crown and carrying a scepter instead. MORE AMERICAN! Ohhhh saaaaay caaaaan you seeeeee... by the daaaaaawn's eeeeeearly liiiiiiight...

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Still laughin' that people thought WWE would bring back KOTR as a PPV. This is a just a filler show anyways. I won't harp too much on this until I see the card because even though it's Payback The Rock won't be around for it so if it's just repeated WM matches that have already had rematches at Extreme Rules one thing is for sure the WWE Title scene should still be fresh. Plus, I also doubt Swagger/Del Rio lasts this long.

Don't think people believed they would bring it back just that many thought it would make sense, it was a good concerpt which would have livened up dull ppv period for WWE. The questions remains if they weren't going to do anything drastic, then why not just keep it as whatever it was last year?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
How about WWE presents REFUND, where they give me back the money I wasted on Royal Rumble?

:lmao

Would have felt the same way if I had paid for it :side:

shap3shift3rko

Reaction score
WWE at its best. :fp:

Couldn't agree more. Worthless move & to say they know
'what they're doing' is a false statement cause they don't!
TNA Takes "Reigns" as The Best Wrestling In The WORLD!!!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Maybe Payback means that all the jobbers will get paid back for jobbing and actually have a chance to win matches it's an all jobber ppv

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Worthless move & to say they know
'what they're doing' is a false statement cause they don't!
TNA Takes "Reigns" as The Best Wrestling In The WORLD!!!

At this point I get the impression you might have a vested interest in that company...

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Maybe Payback means that all the jobbers will get paid back for jobbing and actually have a chance to win matches it's an all jobber ppv

Honestly, I like this idea more than any other proposed one.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
wwepayback.jpg

:lmao