WWE Injury Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Disappointing for Sheamus as you never want to get injured but six months off television and a return during the Road to Wrestlemania will work out well for him. He has been directionless for some time and for whatever reason has had the fanbase turn on him a bit. Consistent performer that has managed to become one of the top guys in the company, opens up the Smackdown mainevent a bit with him gone. Maybe RVD will be used a bit more over there to cover the loss of their top face?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
*RAW SPOILERS*

wwe.com said:
On Monday’s Raw, John Cena revealed he is suffering from a torn triceps.
"I cannot put off my surgery any longer. Tonight I leave the WWE," Cena said while praising Daniel Bryan for beating him fairly and squarely at SummerSlam.

"John has been dealing with a large left elbow bursitis,” said WWE's Dr. Michael Sampson. "We did an MRI which showed a partial triceps tear. Being the warrior that he is, he did not want to have surgery [forcing him to cancel his SummerSlam match].”

"After SummerSlam, John agreed with us to have surgery this week with WWE's Dr. James Andrews. He will begin physical therapy after that.”

Cena is expected to be out of action for four to six months.

Big loss for WWE but a good opportunity for some others to step up and stake their claim. Good for Cena to actually get some rest though and not have to be on the road constantly. Will be back for the Road to WrestleMania so that is good news for WWE.

wwe.com said:
Sin Cara flew again on Monday Night Raw, but the soaring International Sensation was cut down almost as quickly as his return began when he suffered an injury to his hand during a match with World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.
“During the match he did a dive outside of the ring and landed on his finger and dislocated his 4thring finger,” said WWE physician Dr. Michael Sampson.” I evaluated it, I reduced it – meaning I relocated it – in the ring, and brought him back to the training room.”

According to Sampson, an injury such as this does carry risk, which is why the bout was stopped and Sin Cara is currently slated to undergo further testing. “We’re going get X-rays tomorrow to make sure he doesn’t have an avulsion fracture,” said Sampson. “Hopefully we’ll be able to finger splint him and he’ll be able to wrestle, but it’ll be determined after x-rays tomorrow.”

Is this guy cursed or what. Can't stay healthy and keeps picking up all manner of injuries. Must be the curse of trying to replace Mysterio and Mysterio's terrible run of injuries has rubbed off on Sin Cara. Was it a case of Del Rio not catching him properly or just a bad landing by Sin Cara?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
4-6 months? He'll be back in 2 so they can talk up how he's a medical marvel defying all the odds.

The Sin Cara thing was neither guys fault, just when he dived and put his hands up to push him away he obviously caught his finger. I swear they could have easily popped the finger back in and just carried on, guy just can't catch a break.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
You call the match of for a "dislocated finger" C'MON! Pretty guys have dislocated it many times before and just stuck it out.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I felt sorry for Sin Cara last before before I found out about the extent of his injury. A dislocated finger? They could have popped it back and and let the match continue. I know Sin Cara has had some terrible luck with injuries, but that is not a bad one. John Cena wrestled for 30 minutes on Sunday night with a TORN TRICEP.

He should have just toughed it out and continued on with the match, which I'm sure wasn't going to last any longer than a couple of minutes.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Very bad combo to not only be injury prone but not being able to work a match through something as minor as a dislocated finger

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cara comes off as a bitch in general for the finger. That happens playing any kind of ball, yet he laid there writhing. Trips should scratch his head he signed a guy who can't handle a dislocated finger yet himself finished matches with torn quads

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Dislocated finger? Seriously? Triple H tore his quad and continued. HBK wrestled with a shot as hell back. Punk wrestled through a torn meniscus. Bryan dislocated his shoulder in a match, pushed it back in and continued.

Hell, I've broken my wrist and continued playing football. And I've broken every finger on both hands and continued on doing what I was doing.

Guy needs to be pink slipped. Quick.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
*Spoilers* Sin Cara

WWE.com has an injury update on Sin Cara, who dislocated his 4th ring finger during his match with Alberto Del Rio on last night's RAW. Dr. Michael Sampson stated that he relocated Sin Cara's finger in the ring before bringing the injured Superstar back to the dressing room. Sampson also noted that Sin Cara would be getting X-rays today to make sure that he didn't suffer an avulsion fracture. "Hopefully we'll be able to finger splint him and he'll be able to wrestle, but it'll be determined after x-rays," said Sampson.

However... This happens.

Sin Cara defeated Damien Sandow. Before the match, Damien Sandow cut a promo. This was a dark match before Main Event began

So Sin Cara does a suicide dive, stops the match which ticks Del Rio off but goes on and wrestles against Sandow on Main Event? Seems a bit weird, I mean if you stop a match for injury wouldn't you want to get checked up and make sure he's fine. He even posted a photo of having his fingers bandaged up; fuck Sin Cara.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Read my thread on Sin Cara and you'll see.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Re: *Spoilers* Sin Cara

Well after getting the finger taped up, maybe Sin Cara thought he could wrestle. I'm sure after time, the pain subsided as opposed to the pain he must have felt when the injury occurred. You never know what happened

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

HE'S A PUSSY! /thread

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Well after getting the finger taped up, maybe Sin Cara thought he could wrestle. I'm sure after time, the pain subsided as opposed to the pain he must have felt when the injury occurred. You never know what happened
To be fair, if it was said by the trainer you only dislocated. A finger in the locker room in front of people, I'm going with the reason Chris gave. He didnt want to come off as more of a pussy so jumped back in the ring ASAP

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Yeah, I thought it was a wrist injury the way he called to the ref and had the match stopped on Raw, but fuck this guy if it was just a finger. I've seen high school football players play a game with a dislocated finger.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I thought he had broke his hand on first view with the way he stopped. A jammed finger though is just sad, glad ADR stomped him once or twice