• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

fuzzy

Reaction score
so far we got 2 for class of of 2012, Edge and The 4Horsemen!
so since Edge is going in this yr's class, does that mean the rock is not going in this year? and with the 4HM being inducted, is Ric flair returning bk to wwe?
who do you think will be inducted next?
anyone think the worrior getting in this yr? i don't he will at least not this yr's class.

Reaction score
Flair should just say fuck TNA and do it. They wont fire him. They'll turn it into some kind of stupid angle and try and milk it for all it's worth. You CANT induct the Horsemen without Ric. Plus, he was there at HBK's last year and hell, he needs another WWE HOF ring, poor bastard needs some collateral for another loan.

Rock isn't getting in this year, he said he isn't done wrestling. Save him for some time down the road. Edge is the headliner this year anyways, and what a classy thing for the E to do so soon after retirement. He was a company man through and through and became a big star. They'll probably put Savage in and wont care about what Lanny Poffo demands, they can have Randy's widow induct him.

As far as midcard type guys that could/should round out the class: Duggan, Rude, DDP, a tag team (should be RnRX) and a chick.

When you look at it, there are so many headliners to have in the future years: Foley, Rock, Goldberg, Taker, HHH, Show, Kane, Lesnar
Hugely influential people not in yet or posthumous inductions: Freebirds, Dynamite, Bruiser Brody, Billy Robinson, Jake (definitely posthumous)
Tag teams: MXE, RnR Ex, Eand C, Rockers, Steiners,
Other guys: DDP, Booker T, Goldust, Honky Tonk, Bossman, Jim Cornette, Paul E.

Airfixx

Reaction score
They'll probably put Savage in and wont care about what Lanny Poffo demands, they can have Randy's widow induct him.

What's the story there then?

IMO there's too much star power already for Savage to be inducted this year.... F'cking Vince... He should have headlined the HOF whilst he was alive... I'd have loved to have seen Randy Poffo speak to his fans just one time.

More 80's WWF midcarders that need a spot: Mike Rotundo, Bad News, Haku, Rick Martel, Earthquake, Hercules, One Man Gang, Jim Neidhart/Hart Foundation... Are The British Bulldogs in already?

...What about Pillman?

fuzzy

Reaction score
I agree Randy should not b inducted this yr, you guys think that miss elizabeth would be inducted alone or possibly with Randy savage? i think Randy should b the main headliner of whenever he gets in solo, Miss E should get in this yr.

Reaction score
There's some really stupid thinking about inducting Savage going on in here. He's dead. He deserved to go in years ago. Keep this in mind...

He can't headline if he's dead and neither his brother or father are of significance in any shape, form or fashion to be inducted. There's a reason Gordon Solie told WCW to fuck off when they inducted Angelo. Sure you can make the "Koko B Ware is in, why cant they be in" argument but believe it or not, Koko was pretty over for a job guy for nearly ten years. Lanny was a mid card manager that was irrelevant once Perfect bounced him and Angleo was a promoter of a small time promotion of no consequence. They don't belong. Randy does, but the people who would induct him are insignificant to where you can't promote the show around him. Randy's dead. Put him in. His brother is demanding payola to induct him. Fuck him. Let DDP or Randy's widow induct him. That's the only way it will work. Dead people don't headline. It's more disrespectful if you don't induct him ASAP.

IMO there's too much star power already for Savage to be inducted this year.... F'cking Vince... He should have headlined the HOF whilst he was alive... I'd have loved to have seen Randy Poffo speak to his fans just one time.

That's only a valid point if he were alive and on good terms with the company. He's neither. And what's too much star power? The Horsemen and Edge? Isn't this a HOF? Did the voters think "lets wait till next year to induct Jordan into the Hall because John Stockton and David Robinson is enough star power? Let's induct Manute Bol and Spud Webb to fill out the ceremony instead." I know you're English and might not get the reference but this is sold as a Hall of Fame, and they do sell tickets to this event. You think people pay big money to see old wrestlers not wrestle if said old wrestlers were midcarders or if said wrestler is dead? You can't sell a show around Macho if he aint there. Group him in and give the man his posthumous due, its the only correct.

nation

Reaction score
Flair should just say fuck TNA and do it. They wont fire him. They'll turn it into some kind of stupid angle and try and milk it for all it's worth. You CANT induct the Horsemen without Ric. Plus, he was there at HBK's last year and hell, he needs another WWE HOF ring, poor bastard needs some collateral for another loan.

Rock isn't getting in this year, he said he isn't done wrestling. Save him for some time down the road. Edge is the headliner this year anyways, and what a classy thing for the E to do so soon after retirement. He was a company man through and through and became a big star. They'll probably put Savage in and wont care about what Lanny Poffo demands, they can have Randy's widow induct him.

As far as midcard type guys that could/should round out the class: Duggan, Rude, DDP, a tag team (should be RnRX) and a chick.

When you look at it, there are so many headliners to have in the future years: Foley, Rock, Goldberg, Taker, HHH, Show, Kane, Lesnar
Hugely influential people not in yet or posthumous inductions: Freebirds, Dynamite, Bruiser Brody, Billy Robinson, Jake (definitely posthumous)
Tag teams: MXE, RnR Ex, Eand C, Rockers, Steiners,
Other guys: DDP, Booker T, Goldust, Honky Tonk, Bossman, Jim Cornette, Paul E.

DDP, midcard? DDP was one of the biggest names in WCW. That guy used to be one of the most over guys in the business. His WWE run is irrelevant, they fucked him over big time. Also, Rude was a major player in the WCW up until he suffered his career ending injury. Such a shame. Probably the most underrated guy ever and possibly the best heel ever.

...god...

Reaction score
Really thought they'd announce Savage on Raw. I was literally asking about the Tully and the Andersons thinking they might go in, but didn't expect all the Horsemen. I'd love to see DDP, Rude, or Booker also go in, not sure why people think Rock would. One of the biggest WWE stars of all time is gonna be the MAIN highlight.

...god...

Reaction score
Can your translate that out of your fucking hick-Texan slang? What the fuck is a 'tap'? Thanks.

...god...

Reaction score
Oh Savage? Yeah they better. Also one of the best trolls in the history of wrestling would be to have Chris Benoit headline one of the Hall of Fames. If Vince wants to stir up controversy, I'd find that absolutely fucking hilarious if he did it next year.