• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2013 Thread

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Holding people down is a vast exaggeration IMO. People have over vilified the Kliq to laughable extents. They are the reason myself and countless others got back into wrestling.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Holding people down is a vast exaggeration IMO. People have over vilified the Kliq to laughable extents. They are the reason myself and countless others got back into wrestling.

Yet many wrestlers say that it was the case. Is everyone lying? At the very least, they prevented Bam Bam from getting the push he deserved after carrying Taylor to a watchable match at 'Mania 11. Anyhow, I agree with LB, if you're going to induct people to your fake ass Hall of Fame, induct them as the majority of fans (not IWC) know them as.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Hell I still think my idea is the win win idea here, makes everyone happy cause they all get in but just not together.

DX- You get Shawn, Trips, and X-Pac part of it, as well as the New Age Outlaws

Outsiders- Kevin Nash and Scott Hall then there you go you got all the members you wanted right there plus Road Dogg and Billy Gunn along with it and that too me makes it even better.

Is the Kliq the reason though? Or did you get back into wrestling because of Shawn Michaels and The Outsiders all working various matches? Back then, you probably didn't even know that there was a behind the scenes Kliq. See if this makes any sense, it wasn't the Kliq that brought you back, but rather the individual wrestlers.

Personally, I don't see much of a reason of inducting the Kliq as a group. Besides not being on screen, each significant member (Sorry Aldo) are all big enough stars to be seen worthy of such an honorable and highly prestigious Hall of Fame (Despite the zero qualifications).

Bad News Booty

Actually the net had just started back then and I was in college and yes I was actually aware of the Kliq. Dirt sheets started as soon as the net did. So yeah that group in their performances brought me back.

Actually the net had just started back then and I was in college and yes I was actually aware of the Kliq. Dirt sheets started as soon as the net did. So yeah that group in their performances brought me back.

Just for the sake of creating a little...shall we say "Spirited debate", how does it feel supporting a band of wrestlers that one could say have ruined pro wrestling?

To some extent, the Outsiders were the first long running "Cool heels", a concept that just killed the balance for cheering and booing the right people. As a result, plenty of talented workers failed to get over as a result.

Thanks to the Outsiders guaranteed money, they bumped all of the big players up in paychecks for WCW. Once someone new came to WCW, the Outsider's contract forced their checks to be bumped up as well. At the end of the day, WCW didn't die because it wasn't successful, but because it cost too much money to run. Interesting enough, the ballooning costs only began when the Outsiders came into town.

And that's not counting the holding wrestler's back, getting people fired and being on the creative side of a quick death of WCW. All while the big original World Title reigns of Diesel and Shawn Michaels did the worst business in WWE history.

So, the Kliq - wrestlers who helped the business or failing wrestlers who's rise to the top helped kill it?

/slighttrollbutnon-hostile

Bad News Booty

I am not going to indulge you because I don't agree with your point of view and don't feel like getting talked down to.

Man, sometimes it's like pulling teeth trying to get a discussion out of you. It gets pretty frustrating, especially since I actually like you. The board can be extremely quiet at times. So trying to start a little discussion/debate and having it shot down so fiercely takes so much fun out of being on a message board.

Bad News Booty

Sorry Jim, I apologize. Tonight just wasn't the night. Relationship issues and such. When I am actually on my computer again I'll elaborate on my opinion.

Petty

If You Smell....
I have to agree with Booty here. Simply put they were the beginning push of the Attitude Era that got me back into watching wrestling. Sure they had pull but everyone knows that the backstage area has politics just like anywhere else. I mean influence versus circumstance/opinion doesn't mean they "actually" held anyone down. Where's the proof that Vince actually listened to them?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Even without arguing anyone's opinion, I still fail to see what good inducting them into the Hall of Fame would do. They were a backstage group that never appeared on television. Why the hell would you induct them when you can simply induct DX and/or The Outsiders and be done with it? That way you can appease people who love The Kliq and everyone else who knows them in their more natural, television-friendly form.

It's a win-win situation.

Petty

If You Smell....
I see your point Fuji. But at the same time I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Kliq go in. I mean the Hall Of Fame doesn't have rules about who gets inducted, didn't even Pete Rose get inducted?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
I see your point Fuji. But at the same time I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the Kliq go in. I mean the Hall Of Fame doesn't have rules about who gets inducted, didn't even Pete Rose get inducted?

Yeah, Rose got in, though it was more to poke fun at the fact that he's not in the MLB Hall of Fame. Also, Rose is in the celebrity wing, which is a little bit different. I just think it makes a lot more sense from a business standpoint to induct DX, since they're the big merchandise machines and are immediately identifiable to almost all WWE fans, IWC and casuals alike.

Then again, Vince McMahon's fucking limo driver is in the HoF, so who knows what they're thinking with these inductions! :lol:

Petty

If You Smell....
Yeah, Rose got in, though it was more to poke fun at the fact that he's not in the MLB Hall of Fame. Also, Rose is in the celebrity wing, which is a little bit different. I just think it makes a lot more sense from a business standpoint to induct DX, since they're the big merchandise machines and are immediately identifiable to almost all WWE fans, IWC and casuals alike.

Then again, Vince McMahon's fucking limo driver is in the HoF, so who knows what they're thinking with these inductions! :lol:

:lol: seriously? I had no idea he inducted his limo driver. I'd tell you someone I think who needs to be inducted you all, if they haven't already been inducted, Rick Rude.