• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Draft 2011

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
So apparently the draft takes place on 18th April this year. Any thoughts on who's going to be switching shows this year? These are some of the ones I can see taking place:

Raw to Smackdown- Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Tyson Kidd, R-Truth

Smackdown to Raw- Drew McIntyre, Kofi Kingston

What do you all think?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Raw to Smackdown
Randy Orton
Sheamus
John Morrison
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Maryse

Superstars to Smackdown
Zack Ryder

Superstars to Raw
Chris Masters

Smackdown to Raw
Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston
Drew McIntyre
Lay-Cool

Rell

Reaction score
Raw to Smackdown
Randy Orton
Sheamus
John Morrison
Daniel Bryan
Evan Bourne
Maryse

Superstars to Smackdown
Zack Ryder

Superstars to Raw
Chris Masters

Smackdown to Raw
Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston
Drew McIntyre
Lay-Cool

ehh

If they moved Sheamus to Smackdown, they'd have to move Wade over to RAW (again) right? I can't see them putting the IC Champ and US Champ on the same brand.

that's assuming neither of them loses their title before the 18th, of course.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Drew Mc could be headed to raw and ziggler could be headed to sd, maybe to pick up his feud with edge for the title and christian headed to raw to start his feud with ADR?

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ Christian "start" his fued with Del Rio?

...Isn't it already over? :roll:

What I wanna see:

Raw > SD

John Morrison (Serious... Don't send him to Raw ever again... There's no point - He can't do what they need of him there and on SD he has been seen to thrive cos of the ring-time it allows.)

Daniel Bryan (Worryingly close to disappearing entirely.... Even with a title round his waist! Get him to the blue brand where, like JoMo, he should see more ring-time.)

Zack Ryder (Fun, jobber heel that can get the job done when pared with any of the more athletic, ring-orientated guys)

Husky Harris (Build him up as a mid-card beast!)

SD > Raw

Jack Swagger (Keep him as Cole's muscle and give him the kind of rub that he gave Miz... May finally see him get to where he needs to be.)

Drew McEntyre (Impressed with him in more recent months... As rumoured, could team nicely with Sheamus and would be a hell of a lot more useful than Ted Jnr is proving to be.)

Chris Masters (Another guy I'd given up on who has gone on to hit a good spell of form... Besides, there's far more call for dancing titties on Raw than SD.)

Kofi Kingston (All change again for this mid-card staple... Pretty much worked the ass out of the various options they have for him on SD... Either this or see how he copes with a heel turn.)

Need to shake up the main event scene on each show too as they are looking worryingly familiar on each show; especially as most of the combo's have already been worked in significant scenarios in more recent times... Thing is Taker, Edge, Rey, Cena, HHH and arguably Orton are all where they're believed to belong which only leaves the option to chop and change with Miz, Punk, Del Rio (+ Kane & Christian if you count their short-term ME potential).

As currently stands, the only fresh ME fued options on Raw revolve around HHH vs Punk or Miz whilst SD only boasts Del Rio v Taker on that front.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I didn't know it was over? I thought they just started it with WM28?
well then if it's alaread done, no point in sending him to raw where he'll surely get buried.

noumenon

Reaction score
TO SMACKDOWN

Daniel Bryan... I think he's done all he can possibly do over on RAW. Without the U.S. Title I don't think he's really going to expand any further. A move to Smackdown will give him the perfect transition into an IC title feud with Barrett, seeing as the whole ex-Nexus thing.

Evan Bourne... really, get this guy off RAW. He's done absolutely nothing but sell RKO's and job to Sheamus all year. At least let him have some real matches over an Smackdown.

John Morrison.... I think the move to RAW was a mistake in the first place. This guy belongs on Smackdown as a heel. If they didn't go with the brutally obvious Miz/Morrison title feud I don't think there's much else for him on the red brand.

Randy Orton... he's just getting incredibly stale over on RAW, he's feuded with everyone there is to feud with over on Monday nights. Time for a move.

TO RAW

Edge... I know, I know. This guy gets bounced around like crazy. However, I always preferred Edge on RAW and I think there's some fresh combinations over there for him right now with Miz, Punk and a few others.

Drew McIntyre... definitely much improved over the past few months and has done absolutely NOTHING since being on Smackdown. If you're going to do something with the guy, do it already. Move him to RAW and give him a shot.

Jack Swagger... he's Cole's bodyguard right now anyway so why not?

I also think the major titles are in a desperate need of being switched around. It's no secret whichever title is on RAW is obviously viewed as the main title. The WHC has taken some serious cred hits over the past year and could really use a stint on RAW. It would just have to be done without Miz being moved over to Smackdown.

Rell

Reaction score
I have a feeling Skip Sheffield and/or Michael Tarver will be involved in some way. Either draft picks or "Free Agent" signings...

Rell

Reaction score
Hope they were true ^^^

I like his monster heel potential. He and Brodus Clay can fill the void left by Khali and Umaga (RIP)

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
What I want:
To SD:
Evan Bourne
Zack Ryder
Daniel Bryan
Gail Kim
Tyson Kidd

To Raw:
Alberto Del Rio
Jack Swagger
Drew McIntyre
Cody Rhodes
Big Show

What I think will happen:
To Raw:
LayCool
Jack Swagger
Alberto Del Rio
Christian
Kofi Kingston

To Smackdown:
Daniel Bryan
Skip Sheffield
R-Truth
CM Punk
Randy Orton (I shudder to think of him having long horrible matches in addition to his long horrible promos every week.)

Supplemental Draft:
Bourne/Ryder/Kidd/Kim/Natalya/Riley/Henry/Tatsu to SD

Masters/Hawkins/Reks/Chavo to Raw

I hate the supplemental draft. I hate their draft format period. They should go back to the '04 draft with 5 lottery picks a piece and mix lower and upper carders in it. None of this match and supplemental BS.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
To Raw:
Drew McIntyre
Swagger
Kofi Kingston
LayCool
Kane

To Smackdown:
Dolph Ziggler
Randy Orton
Ted DiBiase
Natayla
Evan Bourne

Kaedon

Reaction score
Heres what I want....I want the brand extension to actually MEAN SOMETHING. Who gives a rats ass about the draft. ADR and others have been showing up on Raw since the Royal Rumble. Oh look, heres Dolph showing up on Raw before he gets "fired" from SD because he has beef with John Cena, and a SD superstar, Jack Swagger is Coles trainer at Mania? Give me a break. Either do the BE right or just get rid of it.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I dont see Orton being moved honestly. It's pretty obvious that the Nexus/Orton program isn't over and despite the fact that cross-brand feuds are nothing new I dont know if the WWE would move Orton to Smackdown if they didn't last year especially since he had just had a match at a PPV with Swagger who was WHC at the time.

Honestly what I would like to see is Smackdown come out on top of the draft per say. Perhaps give them a group of 'younger' guys to build up like Morrison, Bryan, Ziggler, Tyson Kidd and maybe even Ryder or DiBiase and maybe use Morrison as Del Rio's next opponent to run through (given he wins at ER)