WWE Doing PG-13 Content

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
That one group absolutely hates any kind of cursing on TV and actually tried to get MTV removed from basic cable after an incident on the Real World back in the 90s if my memory serves me right. Of course that was the 90s and we are now in 2011 where MTV has shows like Teen Mom, Jersey Shore, Real World, and Skins that that same group still bitches about.

AF.

Reaction score
Surely they can remove MTV from their channel listings. Idiots. People taking shit too seriously.

vb61

Reaction score
WWE PG has failed; it is time for the WWE to go in the opposite direction(TV-MA).

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They've had more business options open up to them being pg so no it hasn't failed. And a wrestling show on cable cannot be TVMA it's impossible.

vb61

Reaction score
As a life-long fan, the fans know that wrestling can be far better. PG WWE is boring to watch.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The switch to PG was never going to be permenant, everyone knew that. The reason they did it, i presume, was to rebuild their fanbase by luring in younger audiences since wrestling as a whole lost much of their audience to disinterest, MMA, etc.

I got into wrestling when i was 8, just when the Monday Night Wars was heating up. Wrestling got more and more exciting and mature from there which kept my interest going and cemented me as a long-term fan. Minus the Monday Night Wars, WWE is going through that period again: Now that PG-13 is creeping back, the younger fans are going to enjoy the product more as things get a bit more mature (and they get older along with it).

PG wasn't a "failure" - it was a period of WWE rebuilding themselves.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Oh thank god, when you hear someone screaming at the top of their lungs saying im gonna kick your butt, its not very intimidating, so this pleases me :D

I LOL hardcore at TNA, beep this beep that :lmao

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
Dope that they're returning to this for the most part and it should only be used for serious situations such as Cena/Miz, Punk/Orton, etc.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
As a life-long fan, the fans know that wrestling can be far better. PG WWE is boring to watch.

Did you know that WWE has been PG since 99? SD was always PG

And this:
- WWE's Chief Financial Officer George Barrios appeared at the 23rd annual ROTH Growth Stock conference on Tuesday. Regarding WWE being a PG brand, Barrios provided one reason why the company has taken that direction. He said: "Get kids into the brand early; they stay with us. Even if they leave the brand, they'll come back with their kids."

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Dope that they're returning to this for the most part and it should only be used for serious situations such as Cena/Miz, Punk/Orton, etc.
I think that is the idea of it to only use it for certain feuds that need it. You can't censor Rock or anyone who interacts with him if you want them to hang in there with him somewhat and using it for Punk and Orton would be great.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
On a technicality the word ass has been used on PG shows and movies for some time now.

Going PG-13 or TV-14, as it should be, would be to feature more than 2 asses per show plus blood and other curse words.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well since it isn't a movie they would have to be TV-14. The D, L, S, and V qualifiers change between PG and 14.

D- suggestive to intensively suggestive
L- infrequent use of explicit language to strong use of explicit language
S- mild sexual content to intense sexual situations
V- moderate violence to intense violence

The reason SD has always been PG while Raw was TV-14 is because what they did on UPN always fell into the infrequent, mild, and moderate group unlike on Spike and USA