WWE Divas Want A Ladder Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
In the latest edition of WWE Magazine, WWE Divas Beth Phoenix and Natalya were asked what type of male-dominated stipulation match they would like to see introduced to the Divas, Natalya had the following to say:

"I want to compete in the first-ever Diva Ladder Match. Beth and I think it would be amazing, and I believe we could really pull it off."

Beth added, "I actually like to consider myself a pioneer for the ladies' Ladder Match because if you check out Ladder Matches 2: Crash and Burn, it actually features my Ladder Match from Louisville, Kentucky, in OVW. I have been campaigning for WWE to let me compete in one and have even volunteered to put my Divas Championship on the line in it against absolutely anybody. I have the experience and truly believe the bar could be raised with that bout. There is no doubt in my mind that it would be the most spectacular Divas match of all-time."

As much as I'd like to see this, I don't think it would happen with the current divas division and the product being PG. But they did do a table match not long ago so who knows?

I'd only like to see it if there were actually believable female wrestlers who can put on a decent match such as Natalya, Beth Phoenix and possibly Kharma.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
A ladder match between Nattie and Beth would be awesome. I'd def watch the match.

She's done it in OVW, why not WWE? I wanna see it!

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Doubt it would happen but Beth and Katie Lea pulled off a hell of a divas ladder match in OVW.

WWE has done No DQ, I Quit, Steel Cage, and Tables with the Divas so they may as well try a ladder match. Beth and Natalya would be perfect for the job.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It'd be the only way to keep fans entertained in a Divas' match really.

Most matches are short and don't have any storyline going. This could be the year to improve the Divas' division.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Never really thought about it but it is a great idea and would help revive the division. It would show that they are serious wrestlers and can do more than a quick five minute match.

I say book this for WM this year, the first ever divas ladder match has to be at the grandest stage of them all. Beth Phoenix has to be there defending her title and if they can make Natalya a face then she would be the perfect opponent.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If Beth/Natty would actually feud each other a few gimmick matches leading up to this ladder match would be a pretty epic. However, if they just threw this kind of match out there just for the sake of having one I just wouldn't watch it like most diva matches.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's wasting a good gimmick on a dead horse.

Outside of a death in the ring, nobody is going to watch or care about Diva matches. This idea is just turd polishing. There aren't any women in the WWE suited to the pace a ladder match needs to be exciting.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The ladder match would have to feature Beth. She had that one in OVW and it was pretty good. She knows how to perform in that type of match and could do it well. But her opponent... Nattie has to be top on that list. Needs a strong worker to make it work. Someone believable.

They break the team, they feud... it'd be a good believable reason to try it. And those two might not tear the roof off... but they would do damn well in a match like that. Probably main event a Monday Night Raw kinda like how Trish/Lita main evented Raw before. It needs to stand out on its own. On a PPV it would be buried amongst the other matches. Main eventing Raw it would be one of those stand out moments that if it really does deliver it'll make people say wow... there are talented divas still in the WWE.

I support the idea all the way.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'd definately be up for this. The only problem is that with Nattie as a heel and Kharma out of action, I can't think of any other Diva that would be up to the task against Beth (I'd have said Gail Kim a few months ago). Maaaaaybe Alicia Fox??

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'd definately be up for this. The only problem is that with Nattie as a heel and Kharma out of action, I can't think of any other Diva that would be up to the task against Beth (I'd have said Gail Kim a few months ago). Maaaaaybe Alicia Fox??

Kaitlyn? Tamina? Eve?

I'd love to see Kaitlyn get a push.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They could offer Lita a big day to kill herself in such a match.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Kaitlyn? Tamina? Eve?

I'd love to see Kaitlyn get a push.

I'm talking about a Diva that is reliable enough in the ring for WWE to allow them to work a ladder match. Kaitlyn is far too green, Eve is an option but would probably do safe spots only, and Tamina... Honestly I don't even know how good Tamina is because I haven't seen enough of her but I expect the biggest spot in her case would be a Snuka body splash from halfway up the ladder. So unless Beth or Nattie turn face so that they can have the match together, I pick Alicia because WWE seem to be trying to get her over lately and because she's VERY good at selling.

I too would like to see Kaitlyn get pushed someday, but she's far too inexperienced to be put in the first ever Diva's ladder match, way too dangerous for her.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They could offer Lita a big day to kill herself in such a match.

I would like to see Lita back again for one more match but I don't know if she would want to do it anymore. She would be the perfect opponent since she is used to wrestling with ladders and she would be a huge face to go against the heel Beth.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't want to see a Diva from the past in it, not even Lita. I look at this as a progressive move for the Diva's division, the kind of step forward the division needs to take. Relying on past Diva's to get the match over would suggest that today's Diva's are incapable. We need at least one modern pioneer for the Diva's and the prospect of a match like this is something the new Diva's need to do.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The only problem with that is there are so few to choose from. Natalya has the wrestling ability but she is teamed with Beth at the moment and has been on a massive losing streak lately. Kharma would be another option but she is still some time from returning to WWE.