WWE creative discussing putting US title on Otunga

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Apparently Creative has been contemplating putting the US title on Otunga since Wrestlemania but never followed through with it. Considering Otugnas botching fest at this weeks RAW I think they've made the right call so far.

David Otunga has been talked about by WWE officials to have a United States title run. The plan was to take the title of off Santino Marella after WrestleMania 28. According to reports, some are surprised Santino still has the title which leaves it unknown if Otunga is still in top consideration.

Too bad Hoss is temp banned. He would have loved commenting on/ reporting this story.

Read more here and here!

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Botchfest? I couldn't be motivated to watch his match tbh?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's got the look and charisma to pull it off, it rarely gets defended anyway so being good in ring is hardly a necessity.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
TBH wouldn't be a bad move crowds love to hate him right now defo drawing thanks to the Johnny storyline and the lawyer stuff.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Meaningless title is meaningless

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Meaningless title is meaningless

Fair point but it aint the Superstars fault it's pointless it's WWE's and on Otunga well they could make something of it but i doubt it as it's WWE.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Saylor said:
Otunga as the united states champion? :eek:tunga:

Wouldn't surprise me mate gash in ring but fans like to hate him so wouldn't be the worst move. U never know not with VKM and #wwelogic atm

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
When's the last time there was a proper feud for that belt? Ziggler/Ryder?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I guess it could make the US title become kinda meaningful if they put it on him as he's johnnys fuckbuddy legal adviser, so it'd get lots of attention. However, it'd be a borefest.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
What difference would it make? He would just be a guy (like Santino and Swagger before him, etc.) who would be carrying the belt around without ever really doing anything meaningful with it.

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
If they take santino title already ill be pissed buttheres always a shot for the tag tittles santino brodus

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
Sonavagun!!!!!!!

#darksidegames

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
What difference would it make? He would just be a guy (like Santino and Swagger before him, etc.) who would be carrying the belt around without ever really doing anything meaningful with it.

The difference is Santino is incredibly over.