WWE Contacts Shelley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree, even if WWE did hire both guys they probably wouldn't keep them as a tag team. Look what they did with Kings of Wrestling, they had both under contract but instead decided to use them as singles wrestlers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TNA has removed Alex Shelley from their roster page so it seems like his contract has expired. Be interesting to see what his next move is, whether WWE have indeed offered him a deal or whether he will head to the indies first.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Alex Shelly in WWE... would actually get my watching for the first couple weeks. Kinda like how when they signed Low Ki... I was like... oh snap I gotta see this... then I was like okay this sucks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
- Sources close to Alex Shelley report that he did receive phone calls from WWE recently but reports of him signing with WWE or even agreeing to terms are said to be premature. The same sources say that Shelley allowing his TNA contract to expire had nothing to do with WWE.

Shelley's original plans when deciding to leave TNA were to work for New Japan Pro Wrestling and maybe Dragon Gate USA. WWE did recently show interest and he was not expecting that to happen when he let his TNA deal expire. Shelley had been working on a deal with New Japan for some time and was apparently close to signing it when WWE called.
So the way this is worded it makes out as if he was ready to head to New Japan but the phonecall from WWE has thrown a spanner into the works.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sounds like WWE didn't even need that super secret stash of documents to get Shelley to leave TNA. Wouldn't be a bad idea if he works a short stint over in Japan whilst deciding on this potential contract offer from WWE. In the end though you have a chance to work for the number one wrestling company and that chance wouldn't come around too often.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
SuperLuchas.net out of Mexico reports that Alex Shelley was never actually contacted directly by WWE officials. A friend of Shelley's who currently wrestles for WWE was the one who let Shelley know that WWE was interested in bringing him in.

Shelley reportedly wants to take a few weeks off to relax and then officially begin negotiating with WWE. SuperLucha's source reports that Shelley is concerned about being sent to Florida Championship Wrestling and wants to go straight to WWE's main roster.
Any ideas on who it could be? I instantly thought of Punk for some reason as I would have imagined they'd have crossed paths at some point prior to him joining the WWE, not to mention someone relatively high up would know about talent wanting to be brought in.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Punk and Bryan come to mind first but realistically it could be anyone, even someone from FCW like Xavier Woods/Consequences Creed who used to wrestle in TNA. This report does show the argument that I keep bringing up with the TNA lawsuit, friends are going to talk to friends about contracts and employment opportunities, there is no need for confidential documents.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Truth could be the guy too. Hell Nash could be with all the paparazzi time they had together

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Got no problem with him going to FCW first and he shouldn't either. He's never been in the WWE and has never wrestled in their ring. He needs to get used to their style first and work with some of the talent there and get advice from some of the legends helping out at FCW. Put him there for a short while but not very long. But I don't really know tbh. I somewhat don't think he needs to go to FCW, he's fine as he is but I think it always helps going there first. But if he is to sign with the WWE, wouldn't it be better to have him go straight onto their main roster debut on WWE TV first? Everyone is gonna see who he is at FCW and dark matches which would ruin it but he isn't that big of a name so I dunno.

In particular one guy who didn't go to FCW and went to straight to the WWE roster is Sin Cara. He is a great wrestler but he had trouble adapting to the WWE style. But then again, Mexican wrestling is completely different to American wrestling and TNA is similar to WWE so yeah it would be easy for Shelley to adapt to WWE. But once again, ADR was a Mexican wrestler and it was pretty easy for him to adapt to the WWE style.

My final opinion: Straight to the main roster.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Shelley just needs to learn how to sell. Let Demott beat that into him for a month or two

AF.

Reaction score
Guys like Shelley should bypass FCW. It's kind of a slap in the face that they would even ask guys like Shelley, Bryan, Punk etc. to learn to wrestle the 'WWE style'.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just sign him and put him in FCW till the cruiserweight show starts, that way he'll keep in shape and not get any ring rust.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Guys like Shelley should bypass FCW. It's kind of a slap in the face that they would even ask guys like Shelley, Bryan, Punk etc. to learn to wrestle the 'WWE style'.

Tyler Black's been in developmental since late 2010, Kelly Kelly was there for like 2 months before she was called up and that bitch doesn't even know how to run the ropes yet. WWE developmental is still a joke, not as much as it once was, and they're doing good with the NXT thing, but still a joke at the moment.