WWE Contacts Shelley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score
Wrestlezone.com said:
Update: Departing TNA Star Contacted By WWE Officials; Details
by
Nick Paglino
May 23, 2012

WZ exclusively reported on Monday that Motorcity Machine Guns tag team member Alex Shelley is leaving TNA, and is likely headed to WWE to take part in the company's upcoming Cruiserweight project.

F4WOnline.com has confirmed WZ's report, and is noting that WWE has contacted Alex Shelley, however a deal has yet to be reached as of this writing. Prior to being contacted by WWE, Shelley was considering working for Dragon Gate USA or heading to Japan.

I'm happy to hear this is already happening. They could use a guy like him, and I hope he is able to strike a deal with WWE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wait, Shelley is leaving TNA? Damn I never heard that. Would be a good signing by WWE if they can get him for the crusierweight show but I am sure Shelley would be looking for a bit more since the crusierweight show is apparently just being shown on the Network. If WWE want more guys for the crusierweight show then sign Petey Williams as well!

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Say it ain't so, please say it aint so. He's owing to piss me off when he no sells shit legit left and right and doesn't know where the camera is at when cutting a promo. Sign Chavo if you want a CW project workhorse

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am sure that if WWE did sign him they would work to sort out those issues with him before putting him on television, he would need to work a different style in WWE compared to what he is used to so we shouldn't see as much non selling from him.

tjScarbi

Reaction score
I see this being a wicked opportunity for Shelley, but it's a shame to spilt up the Machine Guns, easily one of my favourite tag-teams of all time. With a bit of work, he'll be awesome. But in the long run I just see them dropping him to Superstars/NXT.

Lewb

Reaction score
He's a lot better worker than what has just come up from nXt - I could see him working well in a tag team with someone like Tyson Kidd. Either that or bring Chris Sabin along for the ride WWE!

rcoot93

Reaction score
For me the big news is that he was willing to leave TNA arguably the 2nd biggest wrestling company in the US for Japan/dragon gate US he must be getting low pay at the minute

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I am sure that if WWE did sign him they would work to sort out those issues with him before putting him on television, he would need to work a different style in WWE compared to what he is used to so we shouldn't see as much non selling from him.

Exactly, he's gonna be a totally different wrestler by the time he comes through FCW/nXt, so whatever gripes anyone has with his style don't really matter.

SAL

Reaction score
Selling doesn't matter that much in the cruiserweight division, especially if WWE holds true to form and never lets them work more than 8 minute matches. Spots, spots, spots. Shelley's pretty great at that.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This is amazing! I love his style of wrestling, and would love to see what he can do with guys like Bourne and Cara. I'm pretty excited for this.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
For me the big news is that he was willing to leave TNA arguably the 2nd biggest wrestling company in the US for Japan/dragon gate US he must be getting low pay at the minute

This. I'm shocked too. It's not like he left and said I'm going to the WWE, he said "I'm gonna go work the minor leagues for a minute."

WWE needs a spot monkey tag team, so maybe Shelley and Bourne get together? I would love to see the Guns in WWE, but I dont know Sabin's contract situation.

And I wonder how long he'll have to be in FCW to adjust to the WWE style. It's not like he's coming from Japan to here, so it may take too long

DashX

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Shelley and I think he would do great in WWE whether it be in the cruiserweight show that WWE wants to do, or just going to the main shows. I think him teaming with Bourne or somebody that is in FCW would be great.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He's good enough in the ring that he'll be able to adjust to WWE's style. I don't see any problem there. His promos are usually solid as well. At least with WWE booking him he might actually amount to his skill level.

Until a deal goes through(if at all) though I hope to see a couple appearances in some of the Indies I watch.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Wish the WWE could bring Sabin as well. This would own the Tag Team titles for sure and make it more relevant to the Attitude Era.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Wish the WWE could bring Sabin as well. This would own the Tag Team titles for sure and make it more relevant to the Attitude Era.

I don't think that would happen at all...